• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ae110 Shocks Replace

sampathapg

Question

Hi All,

I am Sampath. I am new to Autolanka forum.

Please help me to resolve my problem.

My car is TOYOTA Corolla AE110 XE Saloon (Year: 1998 / Petrol / Auto)

Recently I feel right hand side rear shock has wear.

How can I check the shocks by my self? How many cm should be between tyre and body?

Where can I replace them in Colombo area?

Pls reply. Thanks :sport-smiley-027:

2 answers to this question

The performance of a shock absorber cannot be measured by ground clearence. Thats the job of the spring. The shock absorber is a damper against the spring which absorbs the force of the spring retracting after being compressed by road imperfections.

There are a number of DIY tests you can do to test shocks. Bust basically when you depress the car, the car should come to a stable condition after 1-2 bounces. If the car keeps bouncing its likely the shock absorbers are weak. You can also inspect them for visual damage and any hydraulic oil leaks on the shock absorber itself which is an obvious sign of failure.

There are also places with electronic equipment to check shock performance like Nalaka

The performance of a shock absorber cannot be measured by ground clearence. Thats the job of the spring. The shock absorber is a damper against the spring which absorbs the force of the spring retracting after being compressed by road imperfections.

There are a number of DIY tests you can do to test shocks. Bust basically when you depress the car, the car should come to a stable condition after 1-2 bounces. If the car keeps bouncing its likely the shock absorbers are weak. You can also inspect them for visual damage and any hydraulic oil leaks on the shock absorber itself which is an obvious sign of failure.

There are also places with electronic equipment to check shock performance like Nalaka

Thank you very much, dear friend.