• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Around 15-20 Laks

n00b

Question

First i must thank admins for accepting my AutoLanka forum user account.

So, Here is the story. I'm looking for a car (sedan/saloon) around 15-20 laks (Japanese/European). It will be my very first vehicle. I don't have expert knowledge in the area. But i was thinking of getting Civic EK3.

Need your opinions.about EK3.

• Current Price range.
  • Models available.
  • Things i should look before buying.
  • Fuel consumption (Manual vs. Auto)

... also about other vehicles i can get for that price range,

Thanks.

Edited by n00b

I went through the threads. As i understood there are 4 models of EK3.

EXi - D15B Engine, Non VTEC, Not JDM

Vi - D15B 3-Stage VTEC, CVT Multimatic

Vi-Rs - D15B 3-Stage VTEC, CVT Multimatic, Blue textured bucket seats, Rs Body kit, Front Mesh Grill, Rs Stickers, Rs illuminator on meter board, Alloys, Spoiler, Side skirts

Mi - D15B Engine, Non VTEC, CVT Multimatic

What about Si, SiR, VTi ? I'm confused.

Edited by n00b

What about Si, SiR, VTi ? I'm confused.

Si / SiR is highest performance oriented version of KE3, came with B16A engine. Si is USDM version SiR is JDM version (Correct me here if I am wrong)

VTi - Same as Vi which is JDM D15B VTEC version. This is Singapore version.

The Honda Civic EK3 Vi could be a good start for you. The 1999/2000 models look good with the rear crystal lights and all. You may find a decent car from 17-19Lakhs. Only thing when buying this, look if the CVT gear box works smooth. After buying you need to take care of it too. If you are looking for something sporty go for the EK3 Vi-RS which is slightly higher in price but worth for the chaps who really love it. Your choice of going for a Honda is great, you drive a Honda & you will feel it :) Happy motoring!

Si / SiR is highest performance oriented version of KE3, came with B16A engine. Si is USDM version SiR is JDM version (Correct me here if I am wrong)

KE3 ? Guess you mentioned EK3.

VTi is Non JDM ? Comes with 3 stage VTEC ?

The Honda Civic EK3 Vi could be a good start for you. The 1999/2000 models look good with the rear crystal lights and all. You may find a decent car from 17-19Lakhs. Only thing when buying this, look if the CVT gear box works smooth. After buying you need to take care of it too. If you are looking for something sporty go for the EK3 Vi-RS which is slightly higher in price but worth for the chaps who really love it. Your choice of going for a Honda is great, you drive a Honda & you will feel it :) Happy motoring!

How much will Vi-Rs will be ? I found two Vi-Rs on Autolanka and other. They were around 24 laks.

How can i find out original Vi-RS ?

1. Rear discs

2. Red needles on gauge cluster

3. If auto, cvt settings on the mannetino are D-S1/S2. Not E-D-S.

Virs are beyond budget, unless yours is flexible. As are the Si-R's. Vi would be your best bet.

Multimatics do well on fuel. Box has to be maintained properly but otherwise will give trouble. Those issues well discusses before.

I had an Mi which gave me 20kmpl out station. 10-12 city

1. Rear discs

2. Red needles on gauge cluster

3. If auto, cvt settings on the mannetino are D-S1/S2. Not E-D-S.

Virs are beyond budget, unless yours is flexible. As are the Si-R's. Vi would be your best bet.

Multimatics do well on fuel. Box has to be maintained properly but otherwise will give trouble. Those issues well discusses before.

I had an Mi which gave me 20kmpl out station. 10-12 city

Thanks. Mi is Non JDM model right ? Is there noticeable difference in performance of Vi and Vi-RS ? Both have same engine and gearbox ?

Thanks. Mi is Non JDM model right ? Is there noticeable difference in performance of Vi and Vi-RS ? Both have same engine and gearbox ?

Never driven a Vi-RS but I will always prefer manual Vi over auto Vi-RS. There is nothing like down shifting and getting power when needed.

Edit - And you will not have to worry about Multimatic gear box problems.

Edited by MkX

Is there another model called LEV ?

Not many Manual Vi for sale these days. But If you check Honda Club FB page cars popping up once in a while. Be extreamly cautious though because some people try to make easy money doing broker work and you might end up paying way over the real value of the car.

You will be able to find 96-98 model manual Vi around 1.5K - 1.7K which i believe best suits for you.

LEV model is not vtec. Original ViRS logo should come in the centre console and in dash as well.

Only way to see what engine it has is to look for below two vtec solenoids in engine.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i423/iSmkGrnBud/IMG_0571.jpg

Not many Manual Vi for sale these days. But If you check Honda Club FB page cars popping up once in a while. Be extreamly cautious though because some people try to make easy money doing broker work and you might end up paying way over the real value of the car.

You will be able to find 96-98 model manual Vi around 1.5K - 1.7K which i believe best suits for you.

LEV model is not vtec. Original ViRS logo should come in the centre console and in dash as well.

Only way to see what engine it has is to look for below two vtec solenoids in engine.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i423/iSmkGrnBud/IMG_0571.jpg

Thanks Bro. I'll wait while and see whether good VTEC manuals appear.

Found some articles on that.

Z6Head1.jpg

http://asia.vtec.net/topics/enginevtec.html

How much will Vi-Rs will be ? I found two Vi-Rs on Autolanka and other. They were around 24 laks.

How can i find out original Vi-RS ?

Ok, the Vi-RS is beyond budget and according to my knowledge it is always 2.2mil or more.

Answer the question 'How can i find out original Vi-RS' ?

Note that most the cars advertised are fake, just a sticker or a body kit doesn't make a car Vi-RS. Look in to ALL of the below features.

1. Original Body kit

2. Original spoiler (with the name engraved underneath)

3. Sports mesh in the grill with RS emblem.

4. VI RS stickers in both rear doors and boot lid.

5. Original 7 spoke alloy wheels.

6. Original rear windows & windshield tint.

7. Body hugging seat set with Blue & Black texture.

8. 'Vi-RS' marked on the dashboard

9. 'RS' marked on the speedo-meter

10. Carbon fiber/sporty texture in the panels of power shutter buttons/gear/dash

11. D / S1 / S2 buttons in the steering.

12. All four disk brakes.

13. Front Strut bar.

14. Open the bonnet and look for the Blue colour vin tag for the exact model.

Hope this helps you bro :) Still if you are looking for a car below 20/- go for a Vi.

If its manual, no worries about maintaining the gear box.

Edited by aakyl4ever

Ok, the Vi-RS is beyond budget and according to my knowledge it is always 2.2mil or more.

Answer the question 'How can i find out original Vi-RS' ?

Note that most the cars advertised are fake, just a sticker or a body kit doesn't make a car Vi-RS. Look in to ALL of the below features.

1. Original Body kit

2. Original spoiler (with the name engraved underneath)

3. Sports mesh in the grill with RS emblem.

4. VI RS stickers in both rear doors and boot lid.

5. Original 7 spoke alloy wheels.

6. Original rear windows & windshield tint.

7. Body hugging seat set with Blue & Black texture.

8. 'Vi-RS' marked on the dashboard

9. 'RS' marked on the speedo-meter

10. Carbon fiber/sporty texture in the panels of power shutter buttons/gear/dash

11. D / S1 / S2 buttons in the steering.

12. All four disk brakes.

13. Open the bonnet and look for the Blue colour vin tag for the exact model.

Hope this helps you bro :) Still if you are looking for a car below 20/- go for a Vi.

If its manual, no worries about maintaining the gear box.

Cool!. Thanks bro. Is there any performance (engine/gearbox) difference in Vi-RS comparing to Vi ?