• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo - Shaking The Car At High Speeds

Smartsanja

Question

15 answers to this question

Thanks Komi for your kind reply, i have checked all wheels and nuts all are ok but that shaking very much like the feeling u get when u have a bump in a tire when u drive it.(hariyata uda pena pena yanava vage thami denenne)

Thanks Komi for your kind reply, i have checked all wheels and nuts all are ok but that shaking very much like the feeling u get when u have a bump in a tire when u drive it.(hariyata uda pena pena yanava vage thami denenne)

It could be the tyre dpk. Some tyres have manufacturing defects and deformities that cause these issues. Sometimes these are found during wheel balancing as these type of wheels usually require excessive wheel weights to balance.

Also how is the wheel alignment. Take the car to car care and get them to take a look. All the guys with computers spend too much time staring at them and have no understanding of actual problems.

Yup, probably a tyre issue as The Don has said. The first thing you should do is get the wheels re-balanced and aligned to see if the problem goes away. If this is a tyre issue, it will surface when balancing the rim with the defective tyre.

Yup, probably a tyre issue as The Don has said. The first thing you should do is get the wheels re-balanced and aligned to see if the problem goes away. If this is a tyre issue, it will surface when balancing the rim with the defective tyre.

One of the Tyres in our Suzuki, a Roadstone has this issue. Thankfully it has only affected weight and the shape is ok. But in some tyres the shape goes off as well which results on a wobble. I always watch like a hawk when tyres are changed in my cars and make a note of the balancing and wheel weights etc. Sadly in this case the tyre was changed out by a remote tyre shop with only my sister there (tyre gave way on her way home). So now we are stuck with it. 24g of wheel weights were necessary to balance it out :)

One of the Tyres in our Suzuki, a Roadstone has this issue. Thankfully it has only affected weight and the shape is ok. But in some tyres the shape goes off as well which results on a wobble. I always watch like a hawk when tyres are changed in my cars and make a note of the balancing and wheel weights etc. Sadly in this case the tyre was changed out by a remote tyre shop with only my sister there (tyre gave way on her way home). So now we are stuck with it. 24g of wheel weights were necessary to balance it out :)

Yeah, I remember having to deal with a lump in a KENDA tyre in my previous car and it was on the sidewall. I could clearly feel the vibration through the steering as well (mainly because the car did not have power steering) but it went away when I got it balanced. There was a lot of weights pasted on the rim in my case too, a whole lot of 5g weights, but I don't remember exactly how much the total weight was.

Still It was bugging me although there was no vibration at all, so I switched that particular rim to the rear. :) Used that tyre until the end of its lifetime without any issues after that.

thanks a lot. i have replaced both front lyres with deestone at that time (two months ago) both wheel alignment and balancing was done. the problem is this is happening only for particular speed only (25-30Kmh) even at high speed (above 80Kmh) car is smooth and stable.

thanks a lot. i have replaced both front lyres with deestone at that time (two months ago) both wheel alignment and balancing was done. the problem is this is happening only for particular speed only (25-30Kmh) even at high speed (above 80Kmh) car is smooth and stable.

Exactly. But hate to tell you that most places only do superficial wheel alignment. Completely pointless.

Also you can't iron out imperfections in the tyre by balancing it. If you take the tyre out and put it on a balancing machine and observe it you might be able to spot it.

This is of course an assumption

my situation is differ but the same car (passo 2007)

it start to shake at about 30Km/h but if u press the gas paddle and increase the speed shaking will end.

dear friends what are the causes for this. Thanks!

do a simple test,drive the car at 25-30 kmph, but try to run with a different RPM(higher or lower), if it is a manual you know how to do it. if it is an AT, then there might be ways like using overriding positions like 1,2 or N.

If you suspect the tire and have no other way to test, have a friend watch your tire from another car as you travel at 25 - 30 if there's an issue he'll be able to see the wheel wobbling/jumping...

That's how I accidentally noticed a bad tire on my friend's car as he overtook me on E01, until then he'd thought that the vibration was normal in his car at that speed.