• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Sound When Pressing The Brakes

Snfonseka

My vehicle is a Viva Elite (2013) and I recently bought it. As soon as I starts the car if I press the brakes it generates an abnomal sound. But if I press the brakes while driving the car that sound doesn't generate. I appriciate any advice on this.

I guess your one is automatic transmission. Mostly this happened following day after washing the car or running on rainy days. It happens in mine also and as far as I feel it is normal.

• Like 1

Thanks for the repplies. First thing I do when I start the car is releasing the hand brakes and yes, it is a automatic transmission. Good to know it's a common thing.

By "keeping Hand Break on", i din't mean when u start to move, u have hand break on, i meant over night hand break on.

Specially after rainy driving & u wash ur car, due to water, slight layer develops between moving parts of Disk breaks & drum breaks which causes this temporary squeecy noise .....

Nothing to do with Transmission type....

Edited by Uditha88