• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

I just thought this will be another targa thread :(

1. Trinity inquires something

2. MD or Supra ain't very happy about your question - "why the hell you ask that?" In the targa thread it was MD who asked that question and here supra. "Why bring it up"? What purpose does it serve?

3. Trinity gets bashed

4. Another member from lancer battalion comes forward and stands beside trinity

5. So we the viewers get popcorn ready and watch the show

Fun fun fun fun

So I kinda hoped the same pattern will be replayed here in chronological order.

So you are going to tell me that ain't gonna happen?

Man I'm disappointed.

:(

Here don't be retarded men, why would I bash Trinity? Disagreements happen on occasion but we are all friends here.

Trinity, seriously though, what's the scene with bracket?

trinity is never alone on autolanka. ;)

Aneyy dats sho shweeet meya.

BTW doctor...A guy I know is building a Datsun 510 entirely out of cataloy.Pora maara talanted ah.I was wondering if he can enter Limitless Pada Autoshow...Same guy has a Honda with a Type R gearbox and some Type R stickers...Superb ah!...Elakiri maxxa!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Supra_Natural" data-cid="272630" data-time="1424450838"><p>

<br />

Here don't be retarded men, why would I bash Trinity? Disagreements happen on occasion but we are all friends here. <br />

<br />

Trinity, seriously though, what's the scene with bracket? </p></blockquote>

I really don't know supra. we never got to know each other personally. We communicated only through AL. I PMed him some time back and never got a reply... That's why I made the post asking how he is...

Here don't be retarded men, why would I bash Trinity? Disagreements happen on occasion but we are all friends here. <br />

Trinity, seriously though, what's the scene with bracket?

I really don't know supra. we never got to know each other personally. We communicated only through AL. I PMed him some time back and never got a reply... That's why I made the post asking how he is...

Hey 'trinity' pardon me for asking you a totally unrelated question, and taking your shout-out to your peeps off topic: What's with naming your moniker / online handle after a school? Or is it that you are deeply religious or something?

Disclaimer: No religious or school based offences intended. All Walishape. Unless its MD or Watchmen of course (those two seem to need a waliya-a-day to stay healthly, so I'd be happy to do my part to help out).

Edited by Kavvz

Now that we have Trinity and supra on scene, we just want MasterDon, Bracket and komisiripala.. :D

Forget knight rider ramishka, this is WWE autolanka! So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and watch tonight's show:

Trinity+Bracket+Komisiripala vs. MasterDon and Supra_natural!

I'm joking by the way.

But seriously. Get ready with popcorn.

:3 :3 :3

I just thought this will be another targa thread :(

1. Trinity inquires something

2. MD or Supra ain't very happy about your question - "why the hell you ask that?" In the targa thread it was MD who asked that question and here supra. "Why bring it up"? What purpose does it serve?

3. Trinity gets bashed

4. Another member from lancer battalion comes forward and stands beside trinity

5. So we the viewers get popcorn ready and watch the show

Fun fun fun fun

So I kinda hoped the same pattern will be replayed here in chronological order.

So you are going to tell me that ain't gonna happen?

Man I'm disappointed.

:(

If you're such a fan of the wali-ya why not pull a waliya yourself for fun? What say you? Why sit back and be sad that other people aren't fighting / pulling wali left right and centre when you can have at it yourself and kick at some tyres? Come, come now, don't be shy...

Edited by Kavvz

<quote>If you're such a fan of the wali-ya why not pull a waliya yourself for fun? What say you? Why sit back and be sad that other people aren't fighting / pulling wali left right and centre when you can have at it yourself and kick at some tyres? Come, come now, don't be shy...</quote>

I'm a fan, I'm no player

:3

Hey 'trinity' pardon me for asking you a totally unrelated question, and taking your shout-out to your peeps off topic: What's with naming your moniker / online handle after a school? Or is it that you are deeply religious or something?

Disclaimer: No religious or school based offences intended. All Walishape. Unless its MD or Watchmen of course (those two seem to need a waliya-a-day to stay healthly, so I'd be happy to do my part to help out).

Definitely note related to the school, not deeply religious either. I was watching Dexter Season 04 at the time i created the profile... I really liked this character (besides Dexter of course)...

May i ask why the sudden interest? :)

Or after Trinity in the Matrix series.

Definitely note related to the school, not deeply religious either. I was watching Dexter Season 04 at the time i created the profile... I really liked this character (besides Dexter of course)...

May i ask why the sudden interest? :)

It was sparked by Supra_N asking you: "Trinity, seriously though, what's the scene with bracket?".

It struck a chord with the first time I saw Trinity doing the Hakka (on the field during the Bradby) and an exclamation I over heard at the time which ran along the lines of: "Trinity WTF is with the Kandyan Dancing?" Weird how the phrase by S_N triggered that memory...

Anyways, I've never actually watched that show but I have certainly heard peeps referring to it obsessively; and based on your input can safely conclude that its a pretty interesting character. Well, thanks for clearing that up !

Edited by Kavvz

<quote>If you're such a fan of the wali-ya why not pull a waliya yourself for fun? What say you? Why sit back and be sad that other people aren't fighting / pulling wali left right and centre when you can have at it yourself and kick at some tyres? Come, come now, don't be shy...</quote>

I'm a fan, I'm no player

:3

Interesting. There is a not too complimentary term for that...but instead of calling you names let me suggest that: If that's your stance, then perhaps you should switch to promoting tolerance on the forum instead of egging people on to have it out with each other?

Edited by Kavvz

"A waliya- a day keeps the doctor away"

-MasterDon

Did he actually say that? If so, that's pretty funny. If not, you can't quote it / post it up like a quote; for that could be interpreted as slander, and perhaps even be the basis for a waliya ! :D

Edited by Kavvz

It was sparked by Supra_N asking you: "Trinity, seriously though, what's the scene with bracket?".

It struck a chord with the first time I saw Trinity doing the Hakka (on the field during the Bradby) and an exclamation I over heard at the time which ran along the lines of: "Trinity WTF is with the Kandyan Dancing?" Weird how the phrase by S_N triggered that memory...

Anyways, I've never actually watched that show but I have certainly heard peeps referring to it obsessively; and based on your input can safely conclude that its a pretty interesting character. Well, thanks for clearing that up !

That happens.. now thanks to reckless i feel like a woman in a leather suit.. :)

About Dexter, its obsessive in a weird way. Your hero (Dexter) is a serial killer and the villains are also serial killers.. All 8 seasons were good until they effed up the series finale.. :)

PhdIvzz.jpg

Lancer EX saves the day!! Kudos for the policemen for being there when they were needed most!!

That LanEX looks killer with police markings and all. I'd love to see it chasing a perp at night with strobes ON :sport-smiley-004:

News Report : Link 1 | Link 2

Galant / Legnum Meetup happened today as planned. :) We had 5 cars and 7 owners at the event. One guy came all the way from Matara for the gathering. We met up at the Parliament Grounds, drove to the Racecourse and then drove back to the Galle Face Lighthouse. We then returned back to Parliament Grounds, stopped en route to take a picture with a Police Galant (How many other cars can do that? ;) )

Cop Galant. :sport-smiley-004:

AqjRS6l1IwI0WksvKSkEJy2F5ucOplpOUuywO7lQ

Looks like cops are going to stick with Mitsubishi.

• Like 3

PhdIvzz.jpg

Lancer EX saves the day!! Kudos for the policemen for being there when they were needed most!!

That LanEX looks killer with police markings and all. I'd love to see it chasing a perp at night with strobes ON :sport-smiley-004:

News Report : Link 1 | Link 2

Looks like cops are going to stick with Mitsubishi.

No offence to the Lancer lovers but what happened to the Imprezas?