• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

Fill-Up Statistics

Last updated 2014.07.30

Avg km/L:9.158

Max km/L:9.758

Min km/L:7.972

Last km/L:9.758

Avg Rs/L:170.200

Min Rs/L:170.200

Max Rs/L:170.200

Last Rs/L:170.200

Rs/km:18.586

Rs/fillup:6,666.67

Rs/day:363.64

Km/Rs:0.0538

L/fillup:39.170

Days/fillup:28.0

Km/fillup:304

L/day:1.399

Total L:117.509

Total Records:3

Total Rs:20,000.00

Driving conditions : 60% city, 40% outstation

ODO: 638 km.

Disclaimer : Thought to share FE statics hoping it would help somebody some day (and I'm that jobless now :D) hope to update monthly.

Edited by Bracket

9kmpl in city is not bad, but I guess Matale trafic is not like in Colombo :P

Yeh exactly.. Colombo its like 14kms per hour. mine also does around 9 to 9.5 when driven entirely in Colombo during morning & evening rush hours.

Additionally, about 1 pint of blood is burnt thanks to the super heroes on the road.

Additionally, about 1 pint of blood is burnt thanks to the super heroes on the road.

lol true that.

on a different note, I have been looking at 2007/08 Lancers lately and seems to me like prices have gone up from about 1000k to 2000k. My dream of owning a EX is doubtful now.. :(

lol true that.

on a different note, I have been looking at 2007/08 Lancers lately and seems to me like prices have gone up from about 1000k to 2000k. My dream of owning a EX is doubtful now.. :(

Current car market is like female mind man, you just cant understand wtf is going on there... just roll the dice & see. Don't believe the prices you see on the ads cuz non of the cars wont sell on those prices may it be a Mitsu, Toyota or even a Maruti...

Current car market is like female mind man, you just cant understand wtf is going on there... just roll the dice & see. Don't believe the prices you see on the ads cuz non of the cars wont sell on those prices may it be a Mitsu, Toyota or even a Maruti...

Have to wait another month anyway, god knows what might happen to the market then..

Same here.... A possible reason for his absence comes in to my mind, but i do not wish to discuss it here..

If you didn't wish to discuss it why bring it up? Come on now, we're all friends here (or we try to be anyway), what do you think has happened to Bracket and the BRATT?

If you didn't wish to discuss it why bring it up? Come on now, we're all friends here (or we try to be anyway), what do you think has happened to Bracket and the BRATT?

One possibility based on my TV viewing experience:

Edited by ramishkad

Now that we have Trinity and supra on scene, we just want MasterDon, Bracket and komisiripala.. :D

Forget knight rider ramishka, this is WWE autolanka! So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and watch tonight's show:

Trinity+Bracket+Komisiripala vs. MasterDon and Supra_natural!

I'm joking by the way.

But seriously. Get ready with popcorn.

:3 :3 :3

Just, i was wondering why he is not here anymore. Would have been great to get updates about the car and continue the thread.

Now that we have Trinity and supra on scene, we just want MasterDon, Bracket and komisiripala.. :D

Forget knight rider ramishka, this is WWE autolanka! So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and watch tonight's show:

Trinity+Bracket+Komisiripala vs. MasterDon and Supra_natural!

I'm joking by the way.

But seriously. Get ready with popcorn.

:3 :3 :3

since the other two are not available this is more like trinity alone against MasterDon and SupraNatural

Guys, May I know why do you think Myself,MD & Supra will fight over this ???

I just thought this will be another targa thread :(

1. Trinity inquires something

2. MD or Supra ain't very happy about your question - "why the hell you ask that?" In the targa thread it was MD who asked that question and here supra. "Why bring it up"? What purpose does it serve?

3. Trinity gets bashed

4. Another member from lancer battalion comes forward and stands beside trinity

5. So we the viewers get popcorn ready and watch the show

Fun fun fun fun

So I kinda hoped the same pattern will be replayed here in chronological order.

So you are going to tell me that ain't gonna happen?

Man I'm disappointed.

:(

• Like 1

I just thought this will be another targa thread :(

1. Trinity inquires something

2. MD or Supra ain't very happy about your question - "why the hell you ask that?" In the targa thread it was MD who asked that question and here supra. "Why bring it up"? What purpose does it serve?

3. Trinity gets bashed

4. Another member from lancer battalion comes forward and stands beside trinity

5. So we the viewers get popcorn ready and watch the show

Fun fun fun fun

So I kinda hoped the same pattern will be replayed here in chronological order.

So you are going to tell me that ain't gonna happen?

Man I'm disappointed.

:(

Lancer Battalion, :) Me like that :)

Sorry to disappoint you Jor-el, I dont intend to get bashed if that is what you are wishing. Nor i think Supra, a moderator in the forum is bashing members in the forum according to his wish.

So I kindly request you to not to make statements that could eventually lead into bitter arguments which does not serve anyone in the forum.

Cheers!

Lancer Battalion, :) Me like that :)

Sorry to disappoint you Jor-el, I dont intend to get bashed if that is what you are wishing. Nor i think Supra, a moderator in the forum is bashing members in the forum according to his wish.

So I kindly request you to not to make statements that could eventually lead into bitter arguments which does not serve anyone in the forum.

Cheers!

Request accepted.

• Like 1