• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

Woohoo! There she is... finally! Congratulations again! She looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks for sharing the photos of the multi-info display. Didn't actually know there were such a lot of options in there. Also, I'd like to second trinity's suggestion on colour keying the rear view mirrors.

Love the fact that the tail lamps are the type with the black surrounding rather than the red one. Black suits the car's colour really well.

One day of ownership and sathyajith is thinking spoiler.

I'm no better. Strut bars in my mind.

Haiyyo salli!

You had better save up a decent amount of cash for when the warranty expires bro. It'll be like the day we teach bratt about the birds and the bees

Edited by Komisiripala

Congrads ! Good job on the color choice....

On to the bucket list of things to do when the warranty expires; following Komi's strut bars the first thing that came to my mind was "that needs to get lowered a bit" . As the others suggested color code the mirrors, think it will go better with the already color coded door handles.

Also, please do keep the engine bay clean from the start...it is a lot easier to keep it clean from the start when it is clean rather than let it get all dirty and gunky and then try to get it cleaned. <yes I do get excited by clean engine bays...but then i am weird enough to have a small paint brush to clean the air vents>

• Like 2

Komi already told him of a set of used coilovers off an Evo X..even before the guy got the car :D

But yes, it's better to let the guy break the car in and enjoy the new car smell before setting him down the rabbit hole of mods.

On to the bucket list of things to do when the warranty expires; following Komi's strut bars the first thing that came to my mind was "that needs to get lowered a bit" . As the others suggested color code the mirrors, think it will go better with the already color coded door handles.

Also, please do keep the engine bay clean from the start...it is a lot easier to keep it clean from the start when it is clean rather than let it get all dirty and gunky and then try to get it cleaned.

Perhaps with Matching Engine Tappet cover :)

post-11288-0-51736000-1402207577_thumb.j

Congrats Machan !!! You have selected the correct car as well as correct colour. :smilie_liebe9:

By the way today, I saw a white colour Lancer EX scale model at Kids Unlimited. However Mitsubishi logo was not there, but some name with EX. May be made in China.

Thanks machan. I called a vote on this thread before choosing the colour and Red won... :D So the credit should go to autolankans for choosing the best colour

I'm crying! Tears of joy!

Thanks bro... :sad-smiley-002:

Great.....Congratulations Bro........

how about the fresh smell inside her....? Feel it when looking your photos...

Enjoy....... :yahoo:

There's no better smell than that bro...

Color key the side mirrors...

I'm gonna look into it really soon :D

Congrats Machan!!!!!!!

as Trinity said, equally happy for you. enjoy your ride to the fullest. :music-smiley-010:

Thanks Machan

:music-smiley-009:

WOW machan... congrats bro.. you just took me back to the day that I bought my baby..

Take care of her, trust me she will treat you good.

Thanks bro.. Can't explain that feeling ne...

Woohoo! There she is... finally! Congratulations again! She looks absolutely stunning!

Thanks for sharing the photos of the multi-info display. Didn't actually know there were such a lot of options in there. Also, I'd like to second trinity's suggestion on colour keying the rear view mirrors.

Love the fact that the tail lamps are the type with the black surrounding rather than the red one. Black suits the car's colour really well.

Thanks bro. I love everything about her now... :smilie_liebe9:

Nice. It would have been better if you ordered the one with the scoop lights. Just a suggestion . Anyway seems like it would look better with a spoiler.1.0x0.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion bro. :)

One day of ownership and sathyajith is thinking spoiler.

I'm no better. Strut bars in my mind.

Haiyyo salli!

You had better save up a decent amount of cash for when the warranty expires bro. It'll be like the day we teach bratt about the birds and the bees

:D Hayiyo salli indeed Komi...

Congratulations!

Thanks man...

This is an awesome ride bro! Congratulations on your purchase. It looks a hell lot more badass than an Axio 161.

Indeed it does... Thanks bro... And cheaper than Axio too...

Also, please do keep the engine bay clean from the start...it is a lot easier to keep it clean from the start when it is clean rather than let it get all dirty and gunky and then try to get it cleaned. <yes I do get excited by clean engine bays...but then i am weird enough to have a small paint brush to clean the air vents>

Thanks bro. I'm already looking into colour-keying the mirrors.

Any tips and tricks to keep the engine bay clean without regular washing?

Komi already told him of a set of used coilovers off an Evo X..even before the guy got the car :D

But yes, it's better to let the guy break the car in and enjoy the new car smell before setting him down the rabbit hole of mods.

:D I have to wait till the warranty expires

Perhaps with Matching Engine Tappet cover :)

Hey where can I buy one of these man? I'm looking for the one with Mitsubishi and MIVEC logos :speechless-smiley-019:

Edited by Bracket

Yes yes irage we'll all waiting for cinderella's shoe to fall. Will probably have an entire fq-400 conversion lined up by then!

Mrs bracket will put a fatwa out on us!

Entire fq-400 conversion :sad-smiley-058:

51059c35afa96f60cd000011.png?w=252

Great Car machan, enjoy it to the fullest! Nice color and nice interior, any idea to fit a TV/DVD/Navi setup?

Thanks machan. Currently no plans to fit a Navi setup, I'm kinda hesitating to replace the OEM setup... :speechless-smiley-004:

please don't replace your original Japanese setup with some cheap tv,dvd set made in Thailand

Yup, a genuine setup will cost me an arm and a leg anyway...

Why dont you start with window tints?

What about the regulations machan? It is prohibited to tint front windows ne?

Edited by Bracket
  • Like 1

Entire fq-400 conversion :sad-smiley-058:

51059c35afa96f60cd000011.png?w=252

Thanks machan. Currently no plans to fit a Navi setup, I'm kinda hesitating to replace the OEM setup... :speechless-smiley-004:

Yup, a genuine setup will cost me an arm and a leg anyway...

What about the regulations machan? It is prohibited to tint front windows ne?

You can tint rear windshield and two rear passenger windows. Trust me it helps a lot during the day time. Downside is, dark tint will give you very low visibility during the night especially when reversing its gonna be a bitch.

Start your own thread please. Don't take this thread off topic. But the first course of action is to clean the throttle body, injectors and the spark plugs and see if it resolves the problem. Gunky petrol, dust etc cause havoc in EFI cars.

Ok, I'll do so next time. Anyway my problem solved. Cleaning the throttle and body, sensors and injectors fixed the problem. He said no need to replace spark plugs. Now I am having a smooth drive.

Awesome car bracket! Really happy for you. Get the grips with her first, mods can wait :)

Hey where can I buy one of these man? I'm looking for the one with Mitsubishi and MIVEC logos :speechless-smiley-019:

I guess you are looking for this. It's a bitch to find online and cost an arm and a leg at the agents :(

1.5%20Engine%20Cover.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry this is late, congratulations bracket! So glad you've finally got hold of it!.

Happy Driving, have fun and be safe!

Also, you totally need to recreate that photo in your signature using your actual car. Im sure you can find an identical looking bend in your area!

Edited by Supra_Natural

Just added catalog link to the interesting thread.

http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/pdf/index.html

PS.: Is there any link to download JDM catalogs of below versions.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/galant_fortis/index.html

Yes:

Here you go:

Galant Fortis :

http://mitsubishi-motors.page-view.jp/GALANT_FORTIS/pageview/data/target.pdf

Evo X:

http://mitsubishi-motors.page-view.jp/LANCER_EVOLUTION/pageview/data/target.pdf

If you go to the following site you can see all the catalogs in the Mitsubishi range (JDM)

http://mitsubishi-motors.page-view.jp/f-pub/index.php

• Like 1

Saw on some Chinese accessory site, they will shipped it through EMS to SL. will PM if come across that site again.