• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

I'm yet to figure out what the hell they are talking about... they just say in this situation they are unable to collect the car from the port so the delivery will be delayed. Then I offered to call the chief secretary and find out what went wrong but they say that is not necessary as they can handle the situation.

The other thing is, according to shipping documents, this is the only Lancer imported in this shipment out of 47 vehicles. Weird, no?

I just hope they are not doing this deliberately. Why should they?

Soo near but yet so far, I hate things like these happen, frustrating indeed. Im also surprised to hear that only one lancer was imported.

Anyway I hope that things get sorted out soon and that you and we get to see that baby soon.

The reason why they are importing only one lancer this time, is everyone is selling their permits and those who buy permits are buying the usual BMWs, SUVs and the like. It's much more lucrative to sell the permit. This is nothing to panic about.

Well today afternoon they called me and informed delivery will be delayed a week. Most probably I'll be able to collect the car on 11th.

"bathala bahinkam hitiya-haki, thambenakam ne inna bari" :sad-smiley-068:

There could be several reasons for less Lancers being imported. The current Lancer has been around for 7 years and will probably be replaced soon. One could buy a used one in good condition for around 3 million, sell the permit and save around 1.5 million while having the same car. The new Mazda 3 would appeal to most people who want similar driving dynamics as the Lancer as it is competitively priced and is all new.

I can't believe we all forgot bathala-mobil/karaththe as a possible nick name !
There could be several reasons for less Lancers being imported. The current Lancer has been around for 7 years and will probably be replaced soon. One could buy a used one in good condition for around 3 million, sell the permit and save around 1.5 million while having the same car. The new Mazda 3 would appeal to most people who want similar driving dynamics as the Lancer as it is competitively priced and is all new.

1322517608891.png

Better check for touch up marks and ding repairs.Some companies buy time to repair damages occurred during transit and Unimo are no saints...

You are right MD, Thanks for pointing that out... hope that's not the case :sad-smiley-002:

You are right MD, Thanks for pointing that out... hope that's not the case :sad-smiley-002:

Don't worry, that happens very rarely...So don't be all paranoid when you go to collect the car.Just do a thorough inspection and enjoy your new ride.

• Like 1

Hope that you wont get affected by the new car tax revision system by the customs. Try to get your car out and in to your hands as soon as possible, anything is possible in this country.

When will it get effective asrock? And I already handed-over UNIMO a bank-draft infavour of Director General Of Customs paying the tax.

Edited by Bracket

When will it get effective asrock? And I already handed-over UNIMO a bank-draft infavour of Director General Of Customs paying the tax.

The article was posted here

If you have already paid the tax I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Edited by asrock

Problems solved : BRATT got out of the port yesterday and waiting for me at UNIMO. Huge relief

Congrats Machan!!!

We have already completed 524 posts in 27 pages and waiting to see your "Kethale Malla" BRATT. :)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Congratulations man! Don't get too excited and forget what the others have said. Check it over properly before you drive out the lot. Enjoy the new car :)
Congratulations machan, wow I can smell that new car, enjoy!
Congrats Machan!!!

We have already completed 524 posts in 27 pages and waiting to see your "Kethale Malla" BRATT. :)

Thanks guys... I'm planning to collect it monday or tuesday... will post pics