• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bracket" data-cid="254995" data-time="1389916787"><p>

Are there 2 trims in GLX version?<br />

Interior looks identical to the GLX we're offered here.Dunno abt Illumination though.</p></blockquote>

Sorry then bracket, my mistake. I was rather talking about the alluminium finished accent panel, which I have not seen on a GLX here.

yeah all the meters are illuminated all the time, you can adjust the level of illumination when the lights are switched on and off. What I use is the full bright setting during the day time and lower brightness at night

yeah all the meters are illuminated all the time, you can adjust the level of illumination when the lights are switched on and off. What I use is the full bright setting during the day time and lower brightness at night

Super cool dude...

Will have to wait 4+ mnths to get ma ride... :sad-smiley-047:

we'll send a white van to an owner of an Ex and ask the car as the ransom.. what do you think?
oh good idea harry.. There's only one EX owner that i know of at the moment..

HARRY!!...

hi hi hi

10251.png

All this talk about Lancer EXs over the last few days has had me paying attention to these cars too. The other day I saw this one. a very simple matt-black sticker and a tiny red sticker, but boy does it change the whole vibe about the car. And the best thing is that you can revert to the original status within minutes if you dont like it.

lnnu.jpg

All this talk about Lancer EXs over the last few days has had me paying attention to these cars too. The other day I saw this one. a very simple matt-black sticker and a tiny red sticker, but boy does it change the whole vibe about the car. And the best thing is that you can revert to the original status within minutes if you dont like it.

lnnu.jpg

Exactly what I did minus redding the badge. But I dropped the idea of riverting back and went ahead with spray painting :) I gues the above is plasti-dipped. I wish we had that stuff here. Also you can add a small ralliart badge in the corner. Makes it more cooler IMO.

004132966_2009-mitsubischi-galant-fortis