• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="254592" data-time="1389403547"><p>

See bracket, now that's what yo call stance. As with puÅÅy, it really boils down to how many fingers you can fit in the gap. The lesser, the better. right now for ex Teg takes one finger. And I clear most everything on the road. Hence my suggestion of coilovers SOMEDAY. Any car looks a lot nicer when lowered. I'm sure magnum can give some examples</p></blockquote>

You promised not to poison me, komi , remember? *-sigh-* I 'll have to ask the agents about upgrading. have to keep the warrenty intact...

Just out of curiosity.

Anybody know how much would it cost to fit OEM style evo front buffer with angry face grill,rear bumper.and spoiler to standerd EX.

With good quality stuff,OEM or reputed brand.

Edited by chan5
  • Like 1

Oh thats a treat to sore eyes isn't it.. That Galant Fortis is sexy.. Glad to see that these cars are not fixed with crash bars.. Most probably they only drive them in fridays and saturdays when the epic traffic jams are not there..

Btw Are you located in bangladesh Magnum?

haha no dude, i got plenty of friends who are from Bangladesh

and this must be the Evo X you saw

2ewzm7a.jpg

15zfshv.jpg

Guys,

I called the Uni*o sales guy about opening a LC and He said to bring 4 copies of the permit and 4 copies of my ID card ( JP Certified )

Then he will issue the performa invoice, and I have to open a LC with my bank.

As kush mentioned, I'm gonna ask them to give me the full specs of the car on my performa invoice.

Is there anything else I should be aware of when opening a LC ?

hot damn! Do you know the owner? Ado you have any photos of that chick?

Apparently theres two red Evo X it seems, both are owned by guys and the one i posted is what hangs around mostly at Gulshan club.

bdw when it comes to chicks i would pick a SL chick over a BD chick anyday. It seems BD ones are too materialistic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Reckless" data-cid="254697" data-time="1389589928"><p>

Guys is there any major diference between the Lancer Ex 2007/08 model and 2013/14 model?</p></blockquote>

afaik there's no difference except for the YOM...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Komisiripala" data-cid="254676" data-time="1389543591"><p>

And sl chicks aren't? Bro I was once dumped for a Peugeot 607 and a pajero!!</p></blockquote>

You should've found a " game " chick

(Game = villege)

Update : Went to the unimo Kandy showroom today and got the profoma invoice. They asked for a JP certified copy of permit and a copy of ID/passport. Got to open a LC on 16th.

you're from Kandy?

did you see a white Lancer EX there?