• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Agent Maintenance

cefiroA33

Honestly like Rumesh said any monkey with a wrench and some gasket sealer can replace the valve cover gasket. You could have adjusted tappets also while this was done if it was done at a normal joint. 

5 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

This is what happens when you try to use a guillotine to clear your dandruff! Replacing cam/rocker/valve cover gasket (or packing in local jargon to avoid confusion with the head gasket), T-belt/tensioner, water pump and alternator pulley in an engine like yours (must be a 5A-FE or 4A-FE engine) does not need the expertise of an agent. Also all this must have left quite a deep hole in your pocket :D but for me it leaves some doubts whether the job was really complete. When there is a leak in cam cover packing first thing to do is to check the PCV and clean the oil baffles along with changing the gasket. I do not think you are aware if this was done or not. This is a disadvantage when you get the repair done at the agent because you are not allowed near the car.

It's a 2AZ-FE, yes agreed, the lesson I learned is the mechanics at the agent's can be of inferior quality.

I actually had the PCV valve checked for blockage because I detected some blowback, however you are right, I don't know whether they cleaned anything (I really really doubt it).

81K deep hole :angry:

I didn't knew/still don't know any really good garages for engine work, most place I asked haven't really worked on a Camry, so I stuck to the agent until this incident.

I need the front stabiliser bars replaced along with the bushings, so going to get this done from the outside (already had the genuine parts shipped over).

@Thihara Is it a Camry then (Sorry I missed it)? If you indicate where you are located someone on the forum would be able to help you with a recommendation for a mechanic.

Edited by Rumesh88