• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good 205/50R16 Or 205/55R16 For Civic Es5

phenix_lk

Guys, i need to change all 4 tyres and currently it has Falken ZE912 205/50R16 tyres. i have two questions.

1. i was thinking to put 205/55 instead of 205/50 coz 55 gives u the best speed output. yet it is about 1cm thinker. so thinking what to go with.

2. I was checking out the Dunlop Sport LM703 tyre. But it has different critics in the internet. some say its good n some say its side walls are very bad. anyone who has been using this tyre. If not what would be a good alternative. I need to know the brand, model and the country of mfg that you recommend. my budget is max around 25k per tire.

thanks in advance.

Guys, i need to change all 4 tyres and currently it has Falken ZE912 205/50R16 tyres. i have two questions.

1. i was thinking to put 205/55 instead of 205/50 coz 55 gives u the best speed output. yet it is about 1cm thinker. so thinking what to go with.

2. I was checking out the Dunlop Sport LM703 tyre. But it has different critics in the internet. some say its good n some say its side walls are very bad. anyone who has been using this tyre. If not what would be a good alternative. I need to know the brand, model and the country of mfg that you recommend. my budget is max around 25k per tire.

thanks in advance.

Got a set a couple of months back in 195/55x15 and so far I'm quite impressed. They are not too hard so there isnt a lot of tyre roar, grip is very good both wet and dry and they seem to be a good tyre all round.

As an aside, many of the Formula Mclarens cars at the night races were running on LM703s and the tyres did pretty well,

thanks in advance.

i have been runing on good year- Eagle 205/55/16 on my FD for the last two months and im happy with the grip and specially the low noise.

Thanks for the replies guys. Im actually concerned about the tread pattern. coz im doing some mods to the car so i dont want to use a normal passenger type Tread pattern. Falken is out. coz they said average mileage expectancy is 25000-30000km. So current options are Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX and Yokohama S Drive. But i cant find a place where they have the Yokohama tire. N i forgot to mention the car. its a Es5.

Edited by phenix_lk

Thanks for the replies guys. Im actually concerned about the tread pattern. coz im doing some mods to the car so i dont want to use a normal passenger type Tread pattern. Falken is out. coz they said average mileage expectancy is 25000-30000km. So current options are Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX and Yokohama S Drive. But i cant find a place where they have the Yokohama tire. N i forgot to mention the car. its a Es5.

Don't be misled by thread patterns. They are not as easily separated as you might thing. Good Year Eagle F1 etc has very distrinctive V shapred thread pattern but most other tyres have linear thread patters and some are aymetric. So I am not sure how you determine a passenger type thread pattern. I mean even Bridgestone Potenza's and Pirelli P Zeros have fairly ordinary looking thread patterns. The thread works to dissapate water. The grip usually is a combination of thread and compound of the tyre.