• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Interest In A Dynomometer In Sl?

Mean Green z28

Just wondering if anyone has an interest in setting up a full Dyno with wideband tuning in SL ... The shop I work for here in MD just purchased one (will be here in a few days ... I'll post pics when it comes in) and I was wondering if there's a huge need for a dyno in SL. It's not like I have any intentions (or money) to do something like this but I'm a bit curious now.

Are there many companies doing custom tuning in SL? and how far do they go with the tune? Do they do the whole VE, spark, fueling or do a piggy-back system that's more like a plugin (with FMU's for turbo setups) ? It's pretty expensive ... about $42000 for a single roller and almost $80000 for a AWD setup, but you can get a regular constant load dyno (like a DynoJet) pretty easy for less than $20000.

Renting a local dyno usually costs us about $100-150 an hour and we thought we'd get one for ourselves and cash in on that buisness as well ... and at the rate that we do tuning, we're hoping to get a full return in about 3 years ... yes, long term goals are the bitch! Hopefully with the new dyno, we'll get more buisness!!!

Any comments?

i would say there is a need for a dyno..but the price outweighs the need. the market is still very small for tuning in SL (compared to other places) so the cost of hte dyno is not worth it.

most of the hp nos that you see listed on here are all estimates. there is another gadget which someone has gotten down...can't remember the name of it though..which gives bhp figures...

i would say there is a need for a dyno..but the price outweighs the need. the market is still very small for tuning in SL (compared to other places) so the cost of hte dyno is not worth it.

most of the hp nos that you see listed on here are all estimates. there is another gadget which someone has gotten down...can't remember the name of it though..which gives bhp figures...

You're probably talking about the g-tech. Yeah, it's not perfect, but pretty close with some of its readings.

Today was the first day that we made some test runs on the dyno and it was a BLAST !!! We can actually simulate a complete quarter mile pass (just like at a track) and get some pretty close times. You just input the weight of the car+driver, rolling HP@50mph (to calculate drag) and some other numbers (to make it more accurate) and it flashes the light just like at the track and you do the complete run right there. It's like a big video game !!! FUN FUN FUN!!!

You're probably talking about the g-tech. Yeah, it's not perfect, but pretty close with some of its readings.

Today was the first day that we made some test runs on the dyno and it was a BLAST !!! We can actually simulate a complete quarter mile pass (just like at a track) and get some pretty close times. You just input the weight of the car+driver, rolling HP@50mph (to calculate drag) and some other numbers (to make it more accurate) and it flashes the light just like at the track and you do the complete run right there. It's like a big video game !!! FUN FUN FUN!!!

pictures man pictures...we want to play too