• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua - Smart Key Function

Jeewana Madhuranga

Question

Dear Expert,

My Aqua does not lock it self when touching sensitive area of door handlepost-49581-0-10961900-1387560875_thumb.j(when key is outside the car).

It gives a warning beep and YELLOW CAUTION indicator of dashboardpost-49581-0-46765500-1387560872_thumb.j turn on and after few seconds it turns off and beep is also stops(but still not locked)

But it locks without error when manually press the LOCK button on key(as a remote key)

Battery of key is OK

What may be the reason?What should i check??

9 answers to this question

Dear Expert,

My Aqua does not lock it self when touching sensitive area of door handleattachicon.gifhandle.jpg(when key is outside the car).

It gives a warning beep and YELLOW CAUTION indicator of dashboardattachicon.gifcaution.jpg turn on and after few seconds it turns off and beep is also stops(but still not locked)

But it locks without error when manually press the LOCK button on key(as a remote key)

Battery of key is OK

What may be the reason?What should i check??

I don't have the same car so I can't provide anything specific but I can give you some general tips:

1. It sounds like the car isn't detecting that the key is outside the car, so perhaps you have a cellphone in your hand / pocket that is interfering with the key communicating with the car? To test this: Put away your cellphone / put it on airline mode / turn it off and try locking / unlocking the car

2. Is it possible that this function is disabled via the system settings in the car? Check your manual and follow its directions on activating / deactivating the smart key option to see whether this is the case.

3. If #1 or #2 don't solve the issue its possible that the key isn't working either due to batteries or something else. Do you have a spare key? Try unlocking / locking the car with the spare key to see if it will work. If the spare key works okay then the issue is with the initial key and you should try changing the batteries away before you go over to the dealer.

Edit: Err...just noticed that your post is addressed to an expert. Okay, well in that case ignore all of the above !! :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

May be my answer is silly.

(1) When your main key was outside the car and you were trying to lock it by touching the door handle and where was your extra key? Was it inside the car?

(2) When did this problem start? Recently or from the very beginning.

• Like 1

Thanks all, Sampath Gunasekera & Kavvz too,

This is happened -->> Car is Just cleared, Japan Agent had send spare key too inside the car(Hidden under Driving Seat). :D :D Who the hell know this? I have to guess and find everywhere in the car because Agent in sri lanka also don't know weather this car have 2 keys(Some cars have only one neh) :D :D

Thanks all, Sampath Gunasekera & Kavvz too,

This is happened -->> Car is Just cleared, Japan Agent had send spare key too inside the car(Hidden under Driving Seat). :D :D Who the hell know this? I have to guess and find everywhere in the car because Agent in sri lanka also don't know weather this car have 2 keys(Some cars have only one neh) :D :D

You mean the situation was my suggestion (1) ? :)