• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

So the montero is also alowed?

Everyone is welcome to join.

Feels like we're planning too well in advance, because it will definitely be towards the end of the year when I'll be coming home. We should all meet up at the next get together which will hopefully be held when I'm around. If that doesn't seem realistic, then I'll keep you guys posted about when I plan to come.

ya ya i know manura .....the guy who bought your car,i first went to buy his cs1 and went to my current car cs3...hmmm ya trinity is a pro member so he can organize a get for us right? :sport-smiley-004:

Looks like a lot of Lancer owners on the forum know each other. Actually surprised.

Hi

Happy new year for ALL

I have small concern about my AC.

When I on the AC (in low) after sometime it get cutoff and again AC get on after 5-10 sec (in any condition and in any AC Position). As i remember in my previous car it keep like 1-2 min to get AC on again. I just want to know it is normal or do i need to do anything for this.

Hi

Happy new year for ALL

I have small concern about my AC.

When I on the AC (in low) after sometime it get cutoff and again AC get on after 5-10 sec (in any condition and in any AC Position). As i remember in my previous car it keep like 1-2 min to get AC on again. I just want to know it is normal or do i need to do anything for this.

Happy new year!

I was concerned about this myself. Basically the compressor seemed to go on and off too soon. Spoke to a couple of AC workshops and they said it was normal. I changed my compressor (due to the old one failing) and the behaviour was exactly the same with the new one.

Edited by Davy

Happy new year!

I was concerned about this myself. Basically the compressor seemed to go on and off too soon. Spoke to a couple of AC workshops and they said it was normal. I changed my compressor (due to the old one failing) and the behaviour was exactly the same with the new one.

Thanks for the quick reply

Strange that's mean it is normal :(

guys just look this below link ...... :(

(exchange withe a maruti ???????)

You should probably edit your post and remove the link. Providing links to other classifieds sites is not allowed.

As for the ad, maybe the seller has a financial difficulty or something. Exchange will obviously happen with a car + cash to compensate for the balance.

Thanks for the quick reply

Strange that's mean it is normal :(

Don't worry about it. If your AC starts acting abnormal, have it checked out. Edited by Davy

• 2 months later...

Sold or kept - there are few replacements to be done in my 2007 CS3.

I need to replace the left AC vent, the back center antenna and both front window outer beadings. They are fully functional as they are but with some damages. Any idea as to where I can get recon units of these?

Additionally a guy said that CS3 2007 can be fitted with scoop lights. Any body have any opinion - cost? where to buy?

Thanks.

Edited by carson

First of all, I think this thread is redundant. You could have found answers to your questions if you did a simple search. Hope a moderator will merge it with this one which OP himself has opened when he got the car.

The answer to all your questions is Mahinda. Call him on 0714762223 and tell him exactly what you need.

Just FYI, the window weather stripping were about Rs. 10,000 (front) and 8000 (rear) a piece at UniMo back in 2012 or so. Mahinda didn't want to throw away just the weather stripping from his recon doors, because the doors themselves will then lose their value. In my case one of them had a small dent and I decided to live with it.

Thanks a lot Mr.Davy for the info. I called Mahinda and he will try to solve my problems.

And about the Unimo pricing - the "front window weather stripping" are Left - Rs.11000+ and Right - Rs.8000+ . I was trying to get a recon for less.

Mr. Davy if I can have your email, I think you can help me solve a small problem that i have with the emission report, which indicates excess petrol wastage. The unimo agents here seems to think its no issue but the guy at the Eco-test clearly told me to get it checked. Would it be ok if I mail you a copy of the report.

Hello all you guys,

I have a CS3. There are no cracks or tears in my interior. But the fabric parts of the door panels look dirty and worn out. Could any body name a place for me to get the fabric parts done in Kandy.

Edited by carson

Thanks a lot Mr.Davy for the info. I called Mahinda and he will try to solve my problems.

And about the Unimo pricing - the "front window weather stripping" are Left - Rs.11000+ and Right - Rs.8000+ . I was trying to get a recon for less.

Mr. Davy if I can have your email, I think you can help me solve a small problem that i have with the emission report, which indicates excess petrol wastage. The unimo agents here seems to think its no issue but the guy at the Eco-test clearly told me to get it checked. Would it be ok if I mail you a copy of the report.

Naturally, the prices of parts have gone up. Thus the higher price for the weather stripping now.

I have sent you a PM. You can contact me, no worries.

Hello all you guys,

I have a CS3. There are no cracks or tears in my interior. But the fabric parts of the door panels look dirty and worn out. Could any body name a place for me to get the fabric parts done in Kandy.

If they are only dirty, you can get them steam cleaned or something from a place that does interior cleaning. There are so many fabric cleaning foams and stuff at supermarkets that you can try out as well. The one that worked for me is a product called ABRO foam cleaner. Got it from Arpico. It's the same product I used to clean my carpet as described here.

does CS has seal belt warning light. It was their in my manual. But really not exist in my car. Does my bulb gone? but i cant see the wire that connect to seat belt
The seat belt needs to be worn regardless of whether there is a sensor or not. The primary reason for having the seatbelt is to keep the driver and passengers on the seats and to deploy the airbags directly at them (if available). If seatbelts are not used, it's possible that the occupants are thrown all over the car and are injured/killed in the process (maybe even injured by the airbag itself).

Some models of the CS came with pre-tensioners for the seatbelts which are equipped with the sensor for the seat belt indicator. As far as I know, the brand new CS imports does not have pre-tensioners for seatbelts (and therefore no indicator). What the pre-tensioner does is, it tensions the seat belt upon impact so that the occupants are pressed to their seats before the airbags are deployed. I'm guessing that the respective airbag is not deployed if the seatbelt is not worn for models that does have pre-tensioners. But for the rest, they work based on the G sensor's signal only, so all airbags are deployed upon collision.

I checked that too, I took off the indicator panel and light a torch and checked every warning light that doesn't have a bulb on :) as far as I can remember there was no indicator to display seat belt status, so it must be the reason as Davy said because those belts are not pre-tensioners.

Edit : Gosh I replied to one year old conversation :)

Edited by HashanJay

Hi

what is the best time to change the timing belt

I have 2007 (registered in 2008 jan) lancer cs3 and it done 92000km

so is it necessary to do now or i can run some more?

and what is the good place to do that (except unimo it cost 45000/=) how much will it be cost in out side?

Hi

what is the best time to change the timing belt

I have 2007 (registered in 2008 jan) lancer cs3 and it done 92000km

so is it necessary to do now or i can run some more?

and what is the good place to do that (except unimo it cost 45000/=) how much will it be cost in out side?

100,000km as per the manufacturer. If you're not the first owner and if you are uncertain of the history of the car before you, then I'd advise you to get the timing belt thoroughly inspected at least. I wouldn't say wait, because my timing belt showed minor symptoms of wear at 92,000km so I got it changed anyway, despite the mech telling me that it can be used a bit more.

If you're going for an inspection, you will need to replace it if any of the following are true.

- If the belt is too shiny on the out side and if you scratch the belt with your fingernail, it does not leave a mark.

- Any form of crack (outer surface, bases of teeth, side of belt)

- Abnormal wear (side of the belt or teeth)

- Missing teeth

You should also check the pulleys for excessive play.

(Source: Engine workshop manual for 4G18 - Section 4-3)

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2

100,000km as per the manufacturer. If you're not the first owner and if you are uncertain of the history of the car before you, then I'd advise you to get the timing belt thoroughly inspected at least. I wouldn't say wait, because my timing belt showed minor symptoms of wear at 92,000km so I got it changed anyway, despite the mech telling me that it can be used a bit more.

If you're going for an inspection, you will need to replace it if any of the following are true.

- If the belt is too shiny on the out side and if you scratch the belt with your fingernail, it does not leave a mark.

- Any form of crack (outer surface, bases of teeth, side of belt)

- Abnormal wear (side of the belt or teeth)

- Missing teeth

You should also check the pulleys for excessive play.

(Source: Engine workshop manual for 4G18 - Section 4-3)

thnks for quick replay.

So where i can get checked it and how about the cost?

thnks for quick replay.

So where i can get checked it and how about the cost?

You can get it checked by the agents themselves and I believe they will not charge for checking it. In the mean time, you can get a quote for parts and labour from them. I'd advise you to go for genuine parts for the job, so parts alone will cost you about Rs. 30,000 I guess.