• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the support and valuable information. As pointed out, I tried to shed a light at an angle and found two fog indicators as below. But when I checked with the switch (I have one button switch for both exactly like what @Sampath Gunasekera & @trinity has) neither of them lighted up. I will check whether there is any lamps behind them.Funny thing is there is no place in the rear bumper to mount rear fog lamps :)

Fog_Ind.jpg.09491c43b559d0625197c27763774943.jpg

I also checked the cabin fuse box and found the fog fuse (rear ???) is already there. I also noted that there are many relays but no indicative panel on them mentioning the which is for what. It is crazy to find a CRUISE control fuse also there but I haven't seen any CS with cruise control.

fuse.thumb.jpg.6d6896644c7fcf56b58afe8a4ea381bd.jpg

I will update the progress and thanks all for the kind support.

1 hour ago, nagaya said:

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the support and valuable information. As pointed out, I tried to shed a light at an angle and found two fog indicators as below. But when I checked with the switch (I have one button switch for both exactly like what @Sampath Gunasekera & @trinity has) neither of them lighted up. I will check whether there is any lamps behind them.Funny thing is there is no place in the rear bumper to mount rear fog lamps :)

I also checked the cabin fuse box and found the fog fuse (rear ???) is already there. I also noted that there are many relays but no indicative panel on them mentioning the which is for what. It is crazy to find a CRUISE control fuse also there but I haven't seen any CS with cruise control.

I will update the progress and thanks all for the kind support.

the meter panel would be common to quite a few grades and specs...so it is no surprise that there are "indicators" for the fog lamps whilst the car doesn't have fog lamps...

Same goes with the relay/fuse boxes...they are common units...whilst options like Cruise-Control might not have been offered in SL there might have been other markets where it was there....also the relay/fuse box might actually be used in other models as well....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nagaya said:

Hi guys,

Fog_Ind.jpg.09491c43b559d0625197c27763774943.jpg

As @iRage mentioned rear fog lamp indicators are for different markets and they may seen on our meter clusters too. 

Below photos are from a Lancer CS imported from UK & it has rear fog lamps.

5abe00c5f273b_fogswitch.jpg.0f81fc2ee5f938f9cb1e765bbb2c067b.jpg

5abe00dfc25be_CSrearfog.jpg.62aee50fc757a73a6768fe0d18c982f9.jpg

5abe00f68766f_CSphoto3.jpg.da83f13d622c8866e0e00994249ab5ce.jpg

And below is my fuse box and seems it is almost same with yours. (2007 with factory fitted front fog lamps)

5abe09da502f3_Mylancerfuse.thumb.jpg.fd64b5247b5c7a6bca706d4c4a6ede1c.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, the fuse box is the same for all grades across all markets. The layout is the same. The fuses for optional equipment may or may not be there based on the circuit design. I've seen many CS Lancers in Australia with cruise control, rear fog lamps, rear windshield wiper with washer, retractable power mirrors, sunroof etc.

Couldn't help but notice that one of the Omron 4 pin relays on @nagaya's fuse box is installed differently to Sampath's (the ones on the left hand side column). Both Sampath's relays have the arrow pointing to the right while nagaya's bottom relay has the arrow pointing to the left. @nagaya

@Sampath Gunasekera, can you please do a small test to help nagaya? Switch on the car, take off the fuse box cover and keep your finger on top of each of the black relays in the fuse box while pressing the fog lamp button. If any of them are related to the fog lamp circuit, you should feel a the relay turning on (possibly with a "tick" sound). 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Thanks for the valuable insights. Infact I found that my front shell is exact same as the CH lancer at Aussie. I found below videos are very helpful and wanted to share with you.

Dashboard Disassembly:

Front Bumper Disassembly (same bumper I have):

Edited by nagaya

• 4 weeks later...

I got a used MR506515/19 Trim piece from a CT9A and fixed fog switch neatly. Also got used MR538851 Omron Relay and fixed it also.

I also removed dash board  to check whether fog lamp indicators bulbs are missing as suggested in the forum.

Guess what, it seems that my cluster is a quite sealed unit and no place to change lamps easily (is it with surface mounted LED ???). I didn't try to dismantle the whole thing. I also notice that there is only one wire harness plugs in contrast to other CS which has 2 wire harness plugs at the dashboard.

Before going to fix the fog lamps I wanted to make sure all electrical connections are ok. So, I tried to measure voltage at "Relay coil" pins at the engine bay relay panel and even when I press the fog switch voltage was 0V (between 1-3 pins). I checked the same between 1-3 pins of horn relay and it becomes 12V when I press the horn. I wonder is there any missing wires (I found this post on EVO but not sure whether it is applicable to this. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/649095-how-mr-headlight-fog-light-wiring-gsr-using-oem-button.html#post10694835) or any option code programming to be done to the ECU :(

I also tried to swap the relay  @Davy pointed out with comparing with @Sampath Gunasekera's one to other way but there was no change. Any insight on this is really appreciated. :)

Dashboard cluster:

cluster.thumb.jpg.52eac92736d0d2bcdda5b6753bf43b98.jpg

Front ECU:

ecu.jpg.cf1f3c20d48b0b4b74a4652081bf7da5.jpg

Edited by nagaya

The gauge cluster does seem different from CS Lancers I've seen. Maybe they carried out an upgrade on them at some point. I'm aware that the newer (2010+ or so) CS Lancers have a different (more modern) cluster, but I wasn't aware that wiring behind it was also different.

If at all this cluster has regular halogen bulbs behind it, you should be able to see them if you take out the black shield behind the cluster. From what I can see, it's secured by a couple of plastic tabs and screws. 

The front ECU handles all signals coming from the signal light and wiper stalks in the steering column plus the fog light switch. It does have a connection to the car's main ECU to detect speed of the car to determine the interval of intermittent windshield wipers. So I advise you against tapping into it, as incorrectly doing so might have unforeseen consequences.

When you push the fog light switch on the dashboard (note that fog lights only work when the ignition switch is ON), do you hear the relay turn on in the fuse box? Keep your finger on each relay and see if you can feel a "tick". If this happens, it means the power switches on and the issue is in the line to the front of the car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks as lot @Davy@trinity@Sampath Gunasekera@Clark'sson@iRage for valuable information, I was able to find the culprit and sort it out. Sorry for bothering you guys so much :)

I was working with thought that fog switch is fine from the beginning, as seller mentioned that this switch has both front and rear fog lamp switches in one package. Now, I checked the continuity between pin 1 & 2 when pressed, nothing happened, but I was "connected" when i checked between 5 & 6 pins. According to service manual, "Pin 1-2 Front, Pin 3-4 lamp in the switch and Pin 5-6 Rear". So It seems I had a rear fog lamp switch. So, I opened it up and swapped the internal mechanism to other side and made it a front fog lamp switch :D I also noted in C-01 fog lamp switch connector, the ping 5-6 are not present in the harness too (if I need rear fogs lamp, I have to rewire from the beginning).

Now I can measure 12V between "A-24 Spare connector for Front Fog Lamp" and GND :D Only thing remaining is installing fog lamps and connecting the wires ;)

Switch internals swap

Switch.gif.09985d31e79c15d93d199cae3dfded1a.gif

Dash board light

dash.png.df87146f1a15a2b1272cc835374bd4ed.png

Spare fog lamp connector location

sapre.png.d42340b93fd34ee35a6097576a3b69c1.png

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nagaya said:

Thanks as lot @Davy@trinity@Sampath Gunasekera@Clark'sson@iRage for valuable information, I was able to find the culprit and sort it out. Sorry for bothering you guys so much :)

I was working with thought that fog switch is fine from the beginning, as seller mentioned that this switch has both front and rear fog lamp switches in one package. Now, I checked the continuity between pin 1 & 2 when pressed, nothing happened, but I was "connected" when i checked between 5 & 6 pins. According to service manual, "Pin 1-2 Front, Pin 3-4 lamp in the switch and Pin 5-6 Rear". So It seems I had a rear fog lamp switch. So, I opened it up and swapped the internal mechanism to other side and made it a front fog lamp switch :D I also noted in C-01 fog lamp switch connector, the ping 5-6 are not present in the harness too (if I need rear fogs lamp, I have to rewire from the beginning).

Now I can measure 12V between "A-24 Spare connector for Front Fog Lamp" and GND :D Only thing remaining is installing fog lamps and connecting the wires ;)

Damn! Well done @nagaya! Persistence does pay off. :) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 12:45 PM, Davy said:

Damn! Well done @nagaya! Persistence does pay off. :) 

Thanks all, at last I finished the project :D There was two clips underside also which was not in the video I posted before when removing the front bumper. Also colour of the wires were blue & black not as 2 black in the service manual. I had to do custom wiring from the A20 connector for my aliexpress fog lamps :P

Fog lamp (A20) connector:

conne.thumb.jpg.75bfd3b25ab3590e54c42d6d62916e3e.jpg

Finished project:

5b00f62ba8362_Image1.jpg.edcd4af364477f535f2a96f5d677f088.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

today i done my service at company and it is now 122+km in the clock.

I have some issue in my power steering pump. Power steering oil getting lover little by little (it reached to near minimum level from the maximum level in the bottle after 5000km)

Once the inspect they told that it is leaking from the pump and i have to replace the entire pump (as they said company sell entire pump and not repair kit). 

So i need your expert advice on this

-is it okay if i run some more kms (what is the worst case? no power steering?)

-and how can i solve it? any place to buy repair kit? or need to buy entire pump?

-any ebay link for the repair kit ?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, vidura said:

So i need your expert advice on this

-is it okay if i run some more kms (what is the worst case? no power steering?)

-and how can i solve it? any place to buy repair kit? or need to buy entire pump?

-any ebay link for the repair kit ?

Can you please share a few photos of the power steering pump from different angles? Interested to see where the pump leaks from because they're sealed and not known to fail this early. Just trying to eliminate the possibility of the garage trying to rip you off by saying it's the pump, when it's actually a leak in a hose. The CS is known to develop a leak in the high pressure hose in certain occasions. 

1. No, it's not OK. If the system runs low on fluid, the pump and power steering rack can get damaged due to the lack of lubrication.

2. Confirm that it's the pump first. You should be able to tell easily if it's a hose or the pump that's leaking. From memory, the pump is sealed and cannot be repaired, so if it's the pump that's faulty, you'll have to replace it. 

3. Call Mahinda and get a good recon pump (again... this is assuming the pump is faulty) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am new to AL.. I have gone through most of the threads regarding Lancer CS. One of my good friends have a CS1 2003 GL.. His Car is absolute beauty and I also decided to get a Lancer CS of my own . So last week I got a Lancer GLX 2008 for around 2.6 mil. Now there are some expected running repairs. Can any one tell me the cost of the timing belt & front L & R bearing prices. Both if your doing from Unit#d Mot#rs & Outside. Cause most of the prices in the threads are out of dated. Thanks..☺️

3 hours ago, Chryshantha said:

I am new to AL.. I have gone through most of the threads regarding Lancer CS. One of my good friends have a CS1 2003 GL.. His Car is absolute beauty and I also decided to get a Lancer CS of my own . So last week I got a Lancer GLX 2008 for around 2.6 mil. Now there are some expected running repairs. Can any one tell me the cost of the timing belt & front L & R bearing prices. Both if your doing from Unit#d Mot#rs & Outside. Cause most of the prices in the threads are out of dated. Thanks..☺️

Congratulations on your CS3. Suggest you get the timing belt, tensioner and oil seal from U n i t e d M o t o r s (they will give you the price over the phone if you ask. They will ask for the chassis number or licence plate of the car). The wheel bearings can be purchased from elsewhere Koyo, NTN and SKF are good brands. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 9:16 AM, Davy said:

Congratulations on your CS3. Suggest you get the timing belt, tensioner and oil seal from U n i t e d M o t o r s (they will give you the price over the phone if you ask. They will ask for the chassis number or licence plate of the car). The wheel bearings can be purchased from elsewhere Koyo, NTN and SKF are good brands. 

Davy..I have a CS1 2008 GLX. not a CS3.. anyway I did the Timing belt change & the Bearing change..the prices are as follows

Timing Belt = 11275/- 
Tensioner = 9204/-
Spark Plugs - 930*4 = 3720/-
L & R Bearing - 2588*2 = 5176/- (NSK)

The Timing Belt, Tensioner & the Spark plugs I got from Company.. However the NSK bearing from out side.. & the repair done by one of my friends.

Also I have a problem with the clutch cause the clutch off is way up.. the Unit#d Mot#rs guy who checked car said the clutch plate is done for & need to be changed. So I i'm to change the clutch plate what needs to be changed with it & is there a way to adjust the clutch..

Edited by Chryshantha
Add more

46 minutes ago, Chryshantha said:

Also I have a problem with the clutch cause the clutch off is way up.. the Unit#d Mot#rs guy who checked car said the clutch plate is done for & need to be changed. So I i'm to change the clutch plate what needs to be changed with it & is there a way to adjust the clutch..

No. It has a hydraulic clutch and cannot be adjusted. The only adjustment you can do is adjust the pedal to have some slack at the top before actually pushing the clutch master pump.

I personally think this should be left a lone unless someone has previously messed up the adjustment. You can adjust only a couple of centimetres anyway, and depending on how far it's adjusted already, this can be even less. So get your clutch replaced.

Usually when replacing the clutch, the pressure plate needs to be replaced if necessary and the clutch slave cylinder (release bearing + slave cylinder assembly. also called the clutch fork) needs to be replaced as well. This is done to avoid having to open up the gearbox again to replace them.

11 minutes ago, Davy said:

Usually when replacing the clutch, the pressure plate needs to be replaced if necessary and the clutch slave cylinder (release bearing + slave cylinder assembly. also called the clutch fork) needs to be replaced as well. This is done to avoid having to open up the gearbox again to replace them.

I checked the prices from out side (Exedy Brand) Clutch Plate Kit cost around 38,000/-.. did not check with Unit#d Mot#rs.. (think they will be more)..

On 5/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, nagaya said:

Thanks all, at last I finished the project :D There was two clips underside also which was not in the video I posted before when removing the front bumper. Also colour of the wires were blue & black not as 2 black in the service manual. I had to do custom wiring from the A20 connector for my aliexpress fog lamps :P

congratulations Nagaya.. Can you tell me the price for the whole project & where did you bought the Fog lights. cause I'm also interested in adding a pair to my CS1

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chryshantha said:

I checked the prices from out side (Exedy Brand) Clutch Plate Kit cost around 38,000/-.. did not check with Unit#d Mot#rs.. (think they will be more)..

Exedy is a good brand. Judging by the price, it should be a genuine Exedy. Beware there are imitations. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2018 at 8:23 PM, Chryshantha said:

congratulations Nagaya.. Can you tell me the price for the whole project & where did you bought the Fog lights. cause I'm also interested in adding a pair to my CS1

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. Please note below prices includes shipping, sometimes which is higher than the item price itself.

Better if you can find the items locally but I couldn't find them in any nearby place.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...