• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

Whenever there's a question about a Lancer, or a CS to be specific, the forum lights up with helpful responses like the ones above. Kudos gentlemen, keep them coming. :)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, trinity said:

Apples to oranges machang. Do a search in the forum, you'd be able to find so many information about CS lancers and comparisons between some other models. 

Whatever the model, just buy the car which suits your requirements. Anyhow just remember these cars are now over 10 years old and could come repairs no matter what the model is.

Yeah I know. Thanks for the input @trinity . I would love to go for the Lancer CS . But my tight budget is holding me. :(

7 hours ago, Jor-el said:

AFAIK Agent didn't import CVTs. If this is a grey import chances are the engine is to be a GDI which is a big no-no in SL

Thanks machan, but i think trinity cleared this part up

7 hours ago, trinity said:

The car should either be a CS 2 or CS3. I'm guessing it might be a CS2 as the manufacturer year is 2009 and has a different gauge cluster.There are lot of variants though. Let me brief as simply as possible.

CS lancers that i know of having CVT boxes that are imported brand new to SL are as follows.

1. Lancer CS2 - Manufactured year between 2005 - Late 2006 

2. Lancer CS3 - Manufactured year after 2009 to 2013

Cars fall under point No 01  came with 1500CC EFI engines with a CVT box. These cars were imported brand new and came with following options,

Factory fitted body kit and spoiler, Black interior with a double din player, Retractable power mirrors, Smoked head lamps and clear tail lamps,Genuine Mitsubishi Alloy wheels. (Limited number of cars in the country - around 200 to 300 units)

Cars fall under point No 02 came with 1600CC & 1800CC EFI engines with CVT box. Options of these cars cannot be generalized as above since they either had all options/features (body kit, spoiler & ect) or they came as just full option cars similar to regular CS3s in the country (Very limited numbers in the country. Maybe around 50 units)

3. Lancer CS1 & 2 Manufactured between 2007 - 2013

These cars came with 1500 CC engines with a conventional auto box. White lancers that were imported to Sri Lanka Telecom falls under this category. Most of these cars came with a different gauge cluster. It could be identified clearly as they have a orange color LED display panel to the center of the cluster indicating fuel economy/trip calculator and ODO.

Believe what your friend have seen falls under point 3. 

About sourcing auto boxes for these models.

Finding a conventional box would be easier than finding a CVT box as most JDM CS lancers came with conventional boxes. They seldom offered CVT boxes for JDMs. 

I was able to hook one of my friends a conventional box for 80k last year for his Cedia.

Detailed out a bit cuz you have not specified what the exact model is. Hope these info helps.

Cheers!

Thanks for the indepth clarification. I believe i made a mistake on the yom and after seeing the reply i called my friend and clarified again, the car is infact 2011. Its a 1.5 for sure but with the gauge cluster sampath has mentioned as "Later brand new imports 2011-2012". So does it mean its cvt ? sorry still confused :ph34r:

The car has roughly 109k miles, how is the maintenance intervals for the cvts ?

7 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

I guess manumatic means the tiptronic version. This came with CS3,  1600cc versions with later years. (Not sure it offered with CS2) Photo: 2011 CS3 brand new imported

CVT.jpg.a7d7d23c53c49e68ac8066d796825e62.jpg

Yep, thats the one

Below are the 04 meter cluster patterns I observed when I was hunting  mine.

This is my CS1 (brand new imported) YOM 2007  (Very common)9.jpg.431a823bd8757b8904b175e2827c1585.jpg

I found few units of  JDM CS2 came with this.(YOM 2007)cs2.jpg.c81d37c76292593ac927a7198ce6d99f.jpg

Later brand new imports 2011-2012

2012.jpg.213dbf635f1da4c6c72e60407b4ee76a.jpg

This is the gauge cluster

UK imported versions (Fog light switch also splited in to two units for front and rear fog lights)594782ab7079d_UK.jpg.25c70953aed00c0e234aebb3f892857a.jpg

Hope you can identify the one you saw.

Thanks for sourcing all the image :D

The guage cluster is the one you have mentioned as "Later brand new imports 2011-2012"

45 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Thanks machan, but i think trinity cleared this part up

Thanks for the indepth clarification. I believe i made a mistake on the yom and after seeing the reply i called my friend and clarified again, the car is infact 2011. Its a 1.5 for sure but with the gauge cluster sampath has mentioned as "Later brand new imports 2011-2012". So does it mean its cvt ? sorry still confused :ph34r:

The car has roughly 109k miles, how is the maintenance intervals for the cvts ?

Thanks for sourcing all the image :D

The guage cluster is the one you have mentioned as "Later brand new imports 2011-2012"

If it is 1.5 and CVT I guess it is a JDM. 

Is it a brand new import or JDM? 

As far as I know some 1600cc CS3 brand new imports came with INVECS-II 4AT with Sports Mode. (Pretty rare units see among classifieds and if I am not mistaken only two units advertised to sell within last 3-4 months.  One red colour unit  and one silver colour unit) 

manumatic.thumb.jpg.adab740cf3faee56225c0101794f5e46.jpg

No idea about CVT version. 

• 3 weeks later...

Guys i went to see another cs today, from the looks of it its a jdm unit from 2007
It has climate control ac and tweeters and some bells and whistles.

However the center display is in japanese and all the controls on the dash are also in Japanese. Does anyone know if this can be converted to a double din ?

DSC_0277.JPG

38 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Guys i went to see another cs today, from the looks of it its a jdm unit from 2007
It has climate control ac and tweeters and some bells and whistles.

However the center display is in japanese and all the controls on the dash are also in Japanese. Does anyone know if this can be converted to a double din ?

DSC_0277.JPG

For Sure this is JDM and I guess it is CS2 YOM 2007. (May be same unit I found when I was seeking)

CS2.jpg

10 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

For Sure this is JDM and I guess it is CS2 YOM 2007. (May be same unit I found when I was seeking)

CS2.jpg

I see that your pic has an aftermarket stereo on the bottom, the one i found still has the cd changer.

The car has only clocked 70k and the engine looks as if it left the factory yesterday.

Any idea if the screen can be converted to a double din ?

29 minutes ago, The Stig said:

I see that your pic has an aftermarket stereo on the bottom, the one i found still has the cd changer.

The car has only clocked 70k and the engine looks as if it left the factory yesterday.

Machan, I am yet to see a double din conversion kit for this type of dashboard. The bezel with the two centre AC vents and display is a bit taller than regular CS Lancers we get here and in other markets except Japan. So the kits out there (the double din bezel specifically) will not fit this car. 

Having said that, if you're willing to throw away some money,  you can consider swapping out the entire dashboard for a recon one. You can keep the gauge cluster and automatic AC from this. Understand this is a bit of a drastic one, but simply pointing out an option.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Davy said:

Machan, I am yet to see a double din conversion kit for this type of dashboard. The bezel with the two centre AC vents and display is a bit taller than regular CS Lancers we get here and in other markets except Japan. So the kits out there (the double din bezel specifically) will not fit this car. 

Having said that, if you're willing to throw away some money,  you can consider swapping out the entire dashboard for a recon one. You can keep the gauge cluster and automatic AC from this. Understand this is a bit of a drastic one, but simply pointing out an option.

Could fetch a dash board for a very low price for a one of those peeps who convert CS Lancers in to Evos these days.. I see one or two converted Evo popping up for sale every now and then. 

Actually double din panel is there for this model of dash boards. The only issue is they've come for LHD cars. If the proportions are right i dont see a reason why one could swap a one.

e1b618ab-40da-44d1-b4ad-58fec98dd1a6.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, trinity said:

Could fetch a dash board for a very low price for a one of those peeps who convert CS Lancers in to Evos these days.. I see one or two converted Evo popping up for sale every now and then. 

Actually double din panel is there for this model of dash boards. The only issue is they've come for LHD cars. If the proportions are right i dont see a reason why one could swap a one.

First time I'm seeing that on a JDM dashboard! That looks like a custom fabrication job though (which might be another option for @The Stig).

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

I remember another good looking CS2 was there with 70k at odo for sale sometime  back. Could not visit. It was silver colour unit and if my memory correct had KM-xxxx plate. Very rare to find this CS2 units. Nice to hear that you found a good unit.

37 minutes ago, trinity said:

As far as I know Lancer Virage is Taiwan version. I have seen Lancer CS version is very famous in Taiwan. Try with Taiwanese sources to check the panel.  Does this CS2 miss the  tachometer?

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

20 minutes ago, Davy said:

First time I'm seeing that on a JDM dashboard! That looks like a custom fabrication job though (which might be another option for @The Stig).

That dash is not from a JDM. Its from Mitsubishi Virage as Sampath mentioned. It is a Taiwanese variant of Lancer CS.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, trinity said:

That dash is not from a JDM. Its from Mitsubishi Virage as Sampath mentioned. It is a Taiwanese variant of Lancer CS.

Yep.

By the way watch below video. This shows the internal structure of the unit cluster too.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

I remember another good looking CS2 was there with 70k at odo for sale sometime  back. Could not visit. It was silver colour unit and if my memory correct had KM-xxxx plate. Very rare to find this CS2 units. Nice to hear that you found a good unit.

As far as I know Lancer Virage is Taiwan version. I have seen Lancer CS version is very famous in Taiwan. Try with Taiwanese sources to check the panel.  Does this CS2 miss the  tachometer?

Yep thats the one, silver car with 70k on the clock.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh and btw the car will be for my mother but i will also use it as a secondary car.

It can be done, Huzzah !

177ecu-960.jpg

Edited by The Stig

Yep thats the one, silver car with 70k on the clock.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh and btw the car will be for my mother but i will also use it as a secondary car.

It can be done, Huzzah !

Note that the Taiwanese models are all LHD, so you might want to be a bit careful if looking for a Taiwanese made double din conversion kit as I remember particularly that the centre bezels are different for LHD and RHD models although the centre portion of the dashboard doesn't look like it's tilted towards the driver's side. The obvious one here as you can see is that the hazard button is on the driver's side.

May I suggest this:

- Purchase a regular double din conversion kit (the one mentioned in this thread).

- Use the bezel on the car + the above double din bezel and merge them together to form one double din bezel. Meaning the outer part of the bezel will be the one from the car, whereas the actual double din opening will be from the new bezel you got. Hope this makes sense. You should be able to do this yourself.

- Once you have a perfect fit, take the bezel to get some fab work done (pretty sure you can find many local places that will do a perfect job) to make the bezel perfect. 

Here's some inspiration. This guy has cut out only a single din, but you can relocate the AC controls to the lower part of the dashboard and cut out a double din slot:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-electrical-audio-security/610750-mmcs-removal-questions.html

Edit: Taiwanese not Thai. Thanks iRage for pointing out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2017 at 2:18 PM, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Below is the last CS version offered for brand new imports in 2012. (Photo found from the net)

(This is just for information and hope posting this will not violate any forum rule)

2012.thumb.jpg.742a5083b68c7f76eeba909c7d278a08.jpg

I have the similar one but a CS3,  I had to wait about 6 months after ordering :D , it came without the alloy wheels but 4AT with Sports mode gearbox. The gauge cluster also different with orange colour display.   CS1 came with alloy wheels like this at that time. 

On 7/9/2017 at 11:08 AM, Davy said:

Note that the Thai models are all LHD, so you might want to be a bit careful if looking for a Thai made double din conversion kit as I remember particularly that the centre bezels are different for LHD and RHD models although the centre portion of the dashboard doesn't look like it's tilted towards the driver's side. The obvious one here as you can see is that the hazard button is on the driver's side.

Howcome ? Thailand is RHD so wouldn't what was made for the Thai market be RHD ? 

or did you mean Taiwanese ?

• 7 months later...

Guys, I need some info on plugging fogs to a CS3. Thanks in advance.

I got a fog lamp switch and plugged it and put the relay to the position mentioned in the fuse box in the engine compartment.

But when I push the button there is no indicator on the dash board. It seems there is no place for a fog lamp even in the dash board

IMG_20180303_113317.thumb.jpg.5ec171a9c70b521b37c16297068541f8.jpg

Is this the connector ( near horn) should I connect the power wires of the fog lamps ? If anybody has photos can you please share :)

IMG_20180303_112511.thumb.jpg.90c3c30008092187937ba41f513a2b10.jpg

I connected fog lamp switch as below near the side mirror switch.

IMG_20180303_112303.thumb.jpg.33cc021256eda694f9480d8271405adc.jpg

@nagaya, you're following the correct path so far. Yes, the connector near the horn is for the fog lamps.

The gauge cluster should be having a fog lamp indicator. If you shine a torch at an angle to the cluster, you should be able to make out the outline of each indicator. You'll have to take the gauge cluster out and place a bulb behind the fog lamp indicator as it may not have been installed from the factory. 

Also, check the cabin fuse box for a fog lamp symbol and check it the fuse is there.

@trinity installed fog lamps on his CS1 and should be able to assist you as well. 

• Thanks 1

@nagaya, your gauge cluster is different from mine. Anyway I post a photo of mine and hope it may help you.

I have got factory fitted fog lamps. Cannot find connector at horns (not visible to me), but can observe some wire going down words between two horns (See 3rd photo)

cs1.thumb.JPEG.10243515d3e22e3d8e592cd14223cc9a.JPEG

CS2.thumb.JPEG.1b3e583bc42c9b0ca8c76baf5f099123.JPEG

cs3.thumb.JPEG.7ca104579aa5411982f2ea933bf55b04.JPEG

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys

Sorry for being late for the party, @nagaya so far you've kept on the right track as Davy stated.

Locations you have identified for the connector of fog lamps and the fog lamp switch are correct. 

You are gonna have to buy the dash board trim piece from the agent to fix the fog lamp switch and the power mirror switch. Refer Sampath's photo above to get an idea.

When i installed my fog lamps, the gauge cluster indicator and the fog lamps lit without any issue after following the exact steps you have followed. The obvious difference i can see is that the gauge cluster itself as sampath already pointed out. Did you try to find if there is a fog light indicator available in the cluster as Davy suggested?

If you already have tried that and could not locate it, you can remove the cluster and check the rear circuit board to see if a location to fix a bulb for the fog lamp indicator is there. 

Also refer this post for additional info.

If you need any clarifications or info, please do post here.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

When i installed fog light to my montero there was a light in the meter cluster which started to light up when the fogs where on. The switch (which came with the pair of fog lights) was installed into a slot close to the key hole. The bloody relays always went bust and had to run without the fogs most of the time.

If you look closely at the meter cluster you can see if there is a slot or a bulb to indicate the fog lights

• Thanks 1