• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

9 hours ago, nagaya said:

hi guys,

I got a fog lamp kit from china,

do we need to remove the buffer altogether to install for lamps? can't find any way to remove current plastic casing and install fog lamps with new casing :(

original casing is like this in the buffer:empty.thumb.jpg.a3546bcb1776b2e31b7d90fc543e012e.jpg

Yes, you will have to take the bumper off to make the job easier. The electrics have to be connected as well and the lines need to go to a connector near the horn, so if you have the bumper out, it will make your life much easier.

You can however access the back of the fog light assembly without removing the bumper, for purposes like replacing fog lamp bulbs. All you need to do is push up the black plastic cover sitting horizontally between the back of the bumper and the front of the wheel arch. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davy said:

Yes, you will have to take the bumper off to make the job easier. The electrics have to be connected as well and the lines need to go to a connector near the horn, so if you have the bumper out, it will make your life much easier.

You can however access the back of the fog light assembly without removing the bumper, for purposes like replacing fog lamp bulbs. All you need to do is push up the black plastic cover sitting horizontally between the back of the bumper and the front of the wheel arch. 

Thanks a lot Davy, I will give a try. :)

11 hours ago, vidura said:

I'm thinking to increase engineer performance of my CS3 2008. What kind of thing possipossible? Can we install turbo charger

The Lancer and and Evolution share the same chassis with minor differences. So, the possibilities are endless. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, you can do a simple drop in air filter to a complete 4G63T swap. What's your budget like?

Yes, you can install a turbo and in fact I think there were direct bolt-on kits available for the 4G18 engine. Do a bit of reading online. Even if you're unable to find a kit, you should be able to source an Evo 7 to 9 turbo, do some fabrication work on your exhaust manifold, install a reasonably sized intercooler and you should be good to go. Whether it's worth doing - well that's up to you.

Than you for speed and valuable comments.

I have no big budget (around 1lak) but  like to do some modification step bu step .

If i set air filter who much performance gain i can get?

And any recommended place to do those things?

and how it affect to fuel consumption >

When I check about 4G18 turbo sometime back online, mostly I found that compression with turbo will be too high for engine head in 4G18, also most of the people don't have 4G18 as it is only available for certain markets. I think it will be easier to swap the engine, May be 4G63T from Evo or some other engine from CS5 or CS9 if it is cheaper.

thank you for all the valuable comments.

I also done some search and seems  to be it is expansive change as well as lots of things to think/change.

So i gave up that idea and best thing is to buy a one which  come with turbo..

• 1 month later...

Hi

Happy new year for all...

I have one question. My car is 110000km done, Im getting some sounds on the road (walawal wala watenekota)  I have feeling it comes from suspensions. is their any place to check the  suspensions and also the reason of sound?

On 4/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, vidura said:

Hi

Happy new year for all...

I have one question. My car is 110000km done, Im getting some sounds on the road (walawal wala watenekota)  I have feeling it comes from suspensions. is their any place to check the  suspensions and also the reason of sound?

Most probably its coming from the bushes, when was the last time you changed the bushes ? Also is there any sway wobbly feeling coming ?

Any garage with a hydraulic lift can handle the job, all you need to do is put it up and inspect for any play and visual signs of degradation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday on my way to home from Kandy I noticed that my SRS light is blinking. 

Today I did a scan from the company and they informed that it comes because of the "spring cable" in the staring and need to replace it. Company cost is 32000 :(

Can any one help on this?

1 hour ago, vidura said:

Yesterday on my way to home from Kandy I noticed that my SRS light is blinking. 

Today I did a scan from the company and they informed that it comes because of the "spring cable" in the staring and need to replace it. Company cost is 32000 :(

Can any one help on this?

Check with Mahinda.

On 12/19/2013 at 0:11 AM, trinity said:

Hell night is long today..
Let me share few things on maintenance which i had to bare..
Timing belt change.. Genuine parts Rs 17500 plus labour of Rs 3000 something 2 and half years back..
Clutch replacement - Aftermarket clutch plate Rs 4000 odd clutch release bearing (clutch fork) Rs 17500 plus labour cant remember the price, two years back.. (didn't replace the pressure plate). One of my friends who's also a member here did it with all genuine parts cost him around 55k for parts only..
Shocks replaced all four at two intervals KYB front 14k something rear 10k something (each) two years and one year back respectively.. Labour will cost you around 4 to 5 k including a wheel alignment..
Brake pads - front genuine 15k after market 4 to 5k.. Never replaced rear ones.. Mine clocks at 120 now.
Bearings - front 5.5 k and rear 3.75k each aftermarket. this was last year.. And add the cost of wheel alignment to that too..
Engine mounts - (there are 3. Replaced only one) aftermarket 5k genuine 17k i believe..
Rack end after market price 1k.. Tie rod 1.25k
Hmmm what else..
Ah air con - compressor used around 20k..
Power steering hose replacement - 6k with local made hose..
Radiator genuine but used, around 17k..
Rear brake washers 2k each i believe..
Now i'm sleepy..hope this helps..
Best of luck

HI @trinity

I am new to the forum. I  am planning to go for properly maintain CS1 / CS3 car which is price around 2.5milion. My question is these repair prices are still the same ? Looks like it costs more than a car in same range  for the maintenance . Please share your valuable inputs according to the current market.
Thanks!!

BR

Methmal

Hi Methmal, welcome to the forum.

obviously the prices shared above are now outdated and most probably could have gone up now.

you said that when compared these prices are higher than the parts of some cars in same segment. Could you let us know what are those cars that you refer to.

Guys a friend of mine has his eyes on a lancer cs. I need to clarify something :

This car in question is a 1500, YOM is 2009 I believe (not exactly clear).  AFAIK there was a cvt varient available and this car has a manumatic gearbox, does this mean it's cvt? The guage cluster is also different than the rest of the cars I have seen, it has black backgrounds with white writing. 

If it's cvt are these gearboxes common and how should the maintenance be handled?

He is concerned about gearbox availability in the long run since he plans to keep the car for around 5 years. 

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

Guys a friend of mine has his eyes on a lancer cs. I need to clarify something :

This car in question is a 1500, YOM is 2009 I believe (not exactly clear).  AFAIK there was a cvt varient available and this car has a manumatic gearbox, does this mean it's cvt? The guage cluster is also different than the rest of the cars I have seen, it has black backgrounds with white writing. 

If it's cvt are these gearboxes common and how should the maintenance be handled?

He is concerned about gearbox availability in the long run since he plans to keep the car for around 5 years. 

AFAIK Agent didn't import CVTs. If this is a grey import chances are the engine is to be a GDI which is a big no-no in SL

2 hours ago, The Stig said:

The car should either be a CS 2 or CS3. I'm guessing it might be a CS2 as the manufacturer year is 2009 and has a different gauge cluster.There are lot of variants though. Let me brief as simply as possible.

CS lancers that i know of having CVT boxes that are imported brand new to SL are as follows.

1. Lancer CS2 - Manufactured year between 2005 - Late 2006 

2. Lancer CS3 - Manufactured year after 2009 to 2013

Cars fall under point No 01  came with 1500CC EFI engines with a CVT box. These cars were imported brand new and came with following options,

Factory fitted body kit and spoiler, Black interior with a double din player, Retractable power mirrors, Smoked head lamps and clear tail lamps,Genuine Mitsubishi Alloy wheels. (Limited number of cars in the country - around 200 to 300 units)

Cars fall under point No 02 came with 1600CC & 1800CC EFI engines with CVT box. Options of these cars cannot be generalized as above since they either had all options/features (body kit, spoiler & ect) or they came as just full option cars similar to regular CS3s in the country (Very limited numbers in the country. Maybe around 50 units)

3. Lancer CS1 & 2 Manufactured between 2007 - 2013

These cars came with 1500 CC engines with a conventional auto box. White lancers that were imported to Sri Lanka Telecom falls under this category. Most of these cars came with a different gauge cluster. It could be identified clearly as they have a orange color LED display panel to the center of the cluster indicating fuel economy/trip calculator and ODO.

Believe what your friend have seen falls under point 3. 

About sourcing auto boxes for these models.

Finding a conventional box would be easier than finding a CVT box as most JDM CS lancers came with conventional boxes. They seldom offered CVT boxes for JDMs. 

I was able to hook one of my friends a conventional box for 80k last year for his Cedia.

Detailed out a bit cuz you have not specified what the exact model is. Hope these info helps.

Cheers!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, trinity said:

Hi Methmal, welcome to the forum.

obviously the prices shared above are now outdated and most probably could have gone up now.

you said that when compared these prices are higher than the parts of some cars in same segment. Could you let us know what are those cars that you refer to.

@trinity I am comparing with Suzuki Swift 2004 Jeep model. Actually i am  in two minds whether I should go for the lancer or swift. 

Just now, trinity said:

You are wrong machang. Agent imported CVTs.

Since they didn't import the CVT version of the Lancer EX I assumed they never imported CVT versions of the Lancer to SL , My bad

Anyhoo they have ceased importing Lancers for good it seems - they removed the Lancer from their website as well

2 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Since they didn't import the CVT version of the Lancer EX I assumed they never imported CVT versions of the Lancer to SL , My bad

Anyhoo they have ceased importing Lancers for good it seems - they removed the Lancer from their website as well

They imported all sorts of CS Lancers machang, the best ,some of the models are still with them, given to company executives.

9 minutes ago, methmal said:

@trinity I am comparing with Suzuki Swift 2004 Jeep model. Actually i am  in two minds whether I should go for the lancer or swift. 

Apples to oranges machang. Do a search in the forum, you'd be able to find so many information about CS lancers and comparisons between some other models. 

Whatever the model, just buy the car which suits your requirements. Anyhow just remember these cars are now over 10 years old and could come repairs no matter what the model is.

4 hours ago, The Stig said:

I guess manumatic means the tiptronic version. This came with CS3,  1600cc versions with later years. (Not sure it offered with CS2) Photo: 2011 CS3 brand new imported

CVT.jpg.a7d7d23c53c49e68ac8066d796825e62.jpg

Below are the 04 meter cluster patterns I observed when I was hunting  mine.

This is my CS1 (brand new imported) YOM 2007  (Very common)9.jpg.431a823bd8757b8904b175e2827c1585.jpg

I found few units of  JDM CS2 came with this.(YOM 2007)cs2.jpg.c81d37c76292593ac927a7198ce6d99f.jpg

Later brand new imports 2011-2012

2012.jpg.213dbf635f1da4c6c72e60407b4ee76a.jpg

UK imported versions (Fog light switch also splited in to two units for front and rear fog lights)594782ab7079d_UK.jpg.25c70953aed00c0e234aebb3f892857a.jpg

Hope you can identify the one you saw.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 3