• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

22 hours ago, vidura said:

had to replace Ignition coil set (2) and plug oil seal and tapet cover seal. cost 18500/= from company.

they informed that one of my Ignition coil also damaged and better to replace. Ignition coil cost 20000/=

Any idea about the price in the local market and any recommended place?

How about import from ebay according to the part number?

you can source the ignition coil for CS3 from local market. I did it from 5upr3m3 m0t0r5 delkanda and if i can recall correctly it cost me around 6500-7000K. You can give them a call and check prices as well. 

Also I had to replaced them as head of coil came off the plug wire - while servicing - and not because rubber was swollen as @Davy mentioned. 

I did change it from the adjacent garage to the shop as i did not worry too much about the place as it was not a big job.

6 hours ago, vidura said:

Tnx for the valuable information.

Seems i can save some money if i did it from outside. Nothing to do now. I will check whether i can fix the coil without replacing the whole thing.

Since i have no engine miss will i keep the coil as it is and replace when i get an issue in engine? Or you advice me to get it fix even their is no miss.

another thing i noticed is part of rubber part remain inside when he remove the ignition coil. They said it is because of damage rubber. So they cant take full this out. If needed they told that we have to open the tapet cover and remove the remaining rubber part and plug. So how many parts in ignition coil?

Any good Mitsubishi garage outside to do these things for reasonable price?

From your description, it sounds like either your ignition coil is the two part variant which has it's rubber boot stuck inside the spark plug chamber, 

or

the single unit of which the rubber part has snapped off. You need to find out which it is. If it's the former, you can still continue to use the coil. If not, you should change it.

At Unit#d Mot#rs, they would have taken off the engine cover to replace the spark plug oil seals and the engine cover oil seal. I wonder why they didn't take the stuck part out then and reassemble it back onto the coil or recommend changing the coil.

Found this video to help you understand (video starts at 1:14 which is deliberate):

Note that he removes the ignition coil that powers the cylinders towards the left of the car and you can see that as he pulls the ignition coil, the rubber boot separates and is still stuck inside the spark plug chamber. He then pulls it out separately. But when he pulls the second ignition coil, it comes off with the rubber boot.

Any good garage will be able to fix this for you. Honestly, even you can do this yourself now that you have this video. :) All you need is a 10 mm spanner to take off the two screws holding each coil in place.

43 minutes ago, Davy said:

From your description, it sounds like either your ignition coil is the two part variant which has it's rubber boot stuck inside the spark plug chamber, 

or

the single unit of which the rubber part has snapped off. You need to find out which it is. If it's the former, you can still continue to use the coil. If not, you should change it.

At Unit#d Mot#rs, they would have taken off the engine cover to replace the spark plug oil seals and the engine cover oil seal. I wonder why they didn't take the stuck part out then and reassemble it back onto the coil or recommend changing the coil.

Found this video to help you understand (video starts at 1:14 which is deliberate):

Note that he removes the ignition coil that powers the cylinders towards the left of the car and you can see that as he pulls the ignition coil, the rubber boot separates and is still stuck inside the spark plug chamber. He then pulls it out separately. But when he pulls the second ignition coil, it comes off with the rubber boot.

Any good garage will be able to fix this for you. Honestly, even you can do this yourself now that you have this video. :) All you need is a 10 mm spanner to take off the two screws holding each coil in place.

thnx for the clear explanation.

I think my coil come as 2 parts but when it remove it separated like from middle (not like in video) so they take the remaining part once they remove the engine top cover. And fixed back properly.

After all installation they tried to remove the coil again (cant remember the reason)  and again it came without bottom part. So they informed it is diff to take the remaining part and fix the coil back.

I think it is normal if it is broken they definitely ask to replace it. 

Anyway their is a small crack in the top of the coil boot but they told that i can use as it is.

So as i think best thing is to not to try to remove it until their is no issue (no miss). 

13 hours ago, vidura said:

thnx for the clear explanation.

I think my coil come as 2 parts but when it remove it separated like from middle (not like in video) so they take the remaining part once they remove the engine top cover. And fixed back properly.

After all installation they tried to remove the coil again (cant remember the reason)  and again it came without bottom part. So they informed it is diff to take the remaining part and fix the coil back.

I think it is normal if it is broken they definitely ask to replace it. 

Anyway their is a small crack in the top of the coil boot but they told that i can use as it is.

So as i think best thing is to not to try to remove it until their is no issue (no miss). 

If it's actually broken from somewhere, you should probably change it. The spark finds the path with the least resistance, so you might occasionally get a miss because the spark doesn't reach the plug. Worse case your car might stall and refuse to start - although unlikely because the part is tightly fit inside the spark plug chamber.

1 hour ago, vidura said:

hmm... since it is not giving any miss i will keeps it as it is for some days. Because i need to change my 4 tires immediately. Planing to change it with westlake tires (8800/= each)

any experience with that tire brand? 

Isn't Westlake a Chinese brand? I don't have any experience using them. Maybe you can check and ask on the Tyre Prices thread.

On 2016 ඔක්තෝබර් 3 at 6:56 PM, Davy said:

So the oil seals alone cost 18.5K? That's insane! I remember @trinity replacing all spark plug oil seals in 2014 or so for a couple or hundred rupees.

20K seems about the right price at the agents, but you can buy brand new ones from eBay for about 8000 LKR (both). There are used ones for sale for cheap too, but for components like ignition coils, new is always better IMO. 

UM was advising me to replace the coils ever since the car hit 90,000km, but I never ran to issues with it. I believe it was replaced by our resident member @s.madura (who is the current owner of the car) recently. And this is after about 50,000 more KMs. Maybe he can share more info.

Having said that, the workshop manual says replace them at 100,000k Km if I remember correctly. 

Correction, it was couple of thousand rupees ?. Something around 2k if I'm remember correctly. I bought them from agents .

Doing some modifications to my CS3

-change the alloy and tires

-tinted the head and back lights

-applied windscreen sticker

-fixed spoiler 

-fixed beat silencer (original silencer available for sale)

things to do

-change the seat covers and door velvet area (any recommended place?)

-change the dash board to double din (already ordered the conversion kit)

-change the shell to sport  version (any one have damaged shell? or any place to check?)

-apply a body kit (not sure due to the cost will see)

hear are some 4tos (cant find away to upload images so i shared my FB album)

https://www.facebook.com/don.v.hettiarachchi/media_set?set=a.10153856124696127.1073741845.631381126&type=3&pnref=story

2 minutes ago, MADZ said:

Seems like you were in 'Inactive' group. I just changed it. Now you should be able to see the upload module.

thnx it woks

hear are some 4tos

things to do

-change the seat covers and door velvet area (any recommended place?)

-change the dash board to double din (already ordered the conversion kit)

-change the shell to sport  version (any one have damaged shell? or any place to check?)

-apply a body kit (not sure due to the cost will see)

cae3.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car4.jpg

6 minutes ago, nagaya said:

can u share the contact details bro? is it OEM or used one? got with gaskets ..etc and break light cabling?

It is reconditione one with break light. What I mean by gaskets?  I don't have d no now. Will give 2maro. Just msg me ua no

On 14/10/2016 at 2:42 AM, vidura said:

It is reconditione one with break light. What I mean by gaskets?  I don't have d no now. Will give 2maro. Just msg me ua no

The gap between the spoiler and trunk lid should be sealed off using a gasket or a bit of gasket maker at least so that water does not seep in through the gap and cause the trunk lid to corrode or leak into the trunk.

Read the below post for more information:

Note that the part number for the facelift spoiler gasket might be different from what I have got.

The one i brought one is recondition (removed from the trunk) and there were some rubber in the bottom  i think it came with the gasket. but no idea about its condition. anyway I applied some glue around the nuts to avoid water leak. and best part is my car already had the wiring for the spoiler, SO i didnt want to do any wiring for this.

I need a help 

Im looking for shell like this

she1.jpgsh2.jpg

any place to buy. Or planing to find a damage shell and create something like above ( i dont like to cut my original one ). So any place to get damage shell for my car?

On 10/13/2016 at 9:12 PM, vidura said:

I saw your car at Colombo once :D good work with spoiler btw, did you find the contact number or address of the shop ?

13 hours ago, nagaya said:

I saw your car at Colombo once :D good work with spoiler btw, did you find the contact number or address of the shop ?

0717127018. I already gave  for 2 3 people. So better hurry up

Edited by vidura