• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

Agent told me 45000/= for timing belt change. any other place to do outside?

Can't be a 45000 for T Belt, tentioner and oil seals (Still we don't have that much of inflation rate). They might have quoted the price with Water pump may be (better ask them what're the parts that they're gonna replace for that cost), You can get the job done from outside, but better to get Genuine parts from the agent.

Can't be a 45000 for T Belt, tentioner and oil seals (Still we don't have that much of inflation rate). They might have quoted the price with Water pump may be (better ask them what're the parts that they're gonna replace for that cost), You can get the job done from outside, but better to get Genuine parts from the agent.

great i will get the quotation on coming Thursday when i go to the service. If we do it in outside any recommend place for that. Im planing to go to the Ind*ka garage in Kolonnawa

great i will get the quotation on coming Thursday when i go to the service. If we do it in outside any recommend place for that. Im planing to go to the Ind*ka garage in Kolonnawa

One of my friend got his T Belt changed here https://goo.gl/v2NZYh , though that was a Nissan he said that place was good. I went there once to change my brake pads one year ago, and service was quick and decent with proper tools.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Met an accident on last night. need to replace front bumper + left head light. also some tinkering.

What is the best place that i can put around kolonnawa/townhall ( I have insurance cover)

i'm planing to put on Arabian Motors. Is that place good (because they do everything i do not need to go to find the parts) ?

Or any place to do that + some small touch ups that happen previously (I know arabian motors will not do anything other that the accident)

Sorry to hear about the accident. I have heard good things about Arabian although I don't have personal experience. They're work is supposed to be good. Go and ask for a quotation and proceed from there.

Would you please search the bloody forum. There was a thread which discussed very same thing some time ago. Another member had his Lancer collided with some other vehicle and one of his head lamps and bumper was damaged. There are tons of info on that thread.

Anyway sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you and passengers (if any) walked out unharmed. What was the cause of the accident if I may ask?

Edited by trinity

• 2 months later...

Hi

I did Timing belt change for my Lancer CS3 2003 .

Agent was quoted something around 48k to do the Timing Belt replacement, hence go for my mechanics to do it.

This is the cost for your information, might be you will help this. Parts purchased from Kandy Cha**n motors.

Timing belt - Sun brand Rs 3750

Oil seal 1- Rs 750

Oil seal 2 - Rs 350

Some other part - Can't remind name - Rs 2950

Labor cost - Rs 1500

Total cost for T-Belt replacement - Rs 9300

Thanks

Amila

Hi

Agent was quoted something around 48k to do the Timing Belt replacement, hence go for my mechanics to do it.

This is the cost for your information, might be you will help this. Parts purchased from Kandy Cha**n motors.

Oil seal 1- Rs 750

Oil seal 2 - Rs 350

Labor cost - Rs 1500

Thanks

Amila

The "other part" would have been the tensioner. For components like the timing belt (even the tensioner), it is better to go for genuine parts although SUN is a Japanese brand and has proven not to be inferior. Just my opinion, but I think most Mitsubishi owners (and others too) will agree. So I suggest you do a visual inspection of the belt every now an then.

The 4G18 is an interference engine (valves and pistons share the same space at different time intervals), so if the belt snaps or skips a tooth, you'll be looking at an expensive repair.

• Like 3

Hi

Oil seal 1- Rs 750

Oil seal 2 - Rs 350

Labor cost - Rs 1500

Thanks

Amila

Will you visit the local dispencery for a heart surgery? Don't be penny wise and rupee foolish. Go to the agents at least for the timing belt change. If things go wrong, you they can be held responsible.

• Like 1

Hi

Oil seal 1- Rs 750

Oil seal 2 - Rs 350

Labor cost - Rs 1500

Thanks

Amila

Seriously, very strange thing to receive from a CS3 owner. At least parts should be genuine.

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes, I know. After paying for Car my pocket is almost empty and not have luck to expend half a lack too replace Timing Belt.

Sun brand also recommend 100,000 km but I don't want to wait till that much and willing to replace Timing Belt withing 50,000 km or less

Thanks

Amila

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I was an owner of cs3 2001 model and i bought a new one..its also cs3 2011 model.i bought it for 3.2m.the fuel consumption went only upto 6.8km/l and did a full injector cleaning from asnu lanka and now its doing about 8.1km/l in colombo i drive very economically ...i think..i just want to know is that the normal fuel rate or can i improve more....

Edited by Ashein

Hey guys.

I was an owner of cs3 2001 model and i bought a new one..its also cs3 2011 model.i bought it for 3.2m.the fuel consumption went only upto 6.8km/l and did a full injector cleaning from asnu lanka and now its doing about 8.1km/l in colombo i drive very economically ...i think..i just want to know is that the normal fuel rate or can i improve more....

Automatic or manual? How did you measure fuel consumption?

Will you visit the local dispencery for a heart surgery? Don't be penny wise and rupee foolish. Go to the agents at least for the timing belt change. If things go wrong, you they can be held responsible.

Well pardon me for this foolish question. But aren't the agents always put too much of a price on things?

Isn't it better to use the local mechanic to do the job provided that the mechanic is a skilled one?

Anyhow you can also buy genuine parts outside rather than through the agent. Right?

Hello can anyone help with my problem....thank you

And for bubi.....hmmm i think its better to go for agents for a job like that that...and nowdays the agents prices are ok i think....you know they gave me an offer even for my oil filter also ...the offer was...if you buy 2 it will cost only rs1941...so i thought go to the original rather that just putting a aftrmrkt product such as v_c ....so my opinion is better to go for agents atlest to but the spares....plz correct me if im wrong..

Edited by Ashein

Its automatic with tiptronic.....first im fueling the tank as much as possible...then after nxt fuelup round im diving the driven trip by fueled up amount of liters....this wont be 100% accurate....

You shouldn't fill "as much as possible". Stop when the automatic cut-off activates for the first time. And honestly, I think the figure is alright for city driving for an automatic.

Well pardon me for this foolish question. But aren't the agents always put too much of a price on things?

Isn't it better to use the local mechanic to do the job provided that the mechanic is a skilled one?

Anyhow you can also buy genuine parts outside rather than through the agent. Right?

Yes, agents have a higher price. But for critical components like the timing belt, it's advisable to use only genuine parts. As for labour costs - yes they're high and that's because the agents have the correct tools and equipment to carry out the job properly, and they offer a guarantee on the repair. This is not to say that other mechanics can't get the job done.

Genuine parts are available outside, but a lot of important parts like timing belts, clutch and stuff are not easy to find. In fact, I'm unaware of anyone selling them except for the agents.

• 2 months later...
Tnx davy...im planning to go outstation this weekend ill update you about the consumption my boy did .....hereafter its good to fuelup upto cutoff...will c...and i must say asnu is a great place for a proper injector cleanup

So,What is the update now :D what is the milage of your new car ?

• 2 weeks later...