• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

seems to be practical solution is to use single din in-dash player.

those are cost around 20000/= in ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-In-Dash-Single-Din-Car-CD-DVD-Player-Touch-Stereo-SD-Radio-Detachable-Audio-/400642280394?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_o_GPS&hash=item5d48240bca

But no idea about their lifetime since those are Chinese badu

Did anyone import OBD scanner for lancer CS3 2007 car. or any one know which type suit for it?

Got one off eBay (model ELM327) and tried it with my phone through an app called Torque. I was unable to connect to the car's ECU although it kept trying for minutes and minutes and failing. Didn't get the chance to check with a PC.

Check this thread out for more info:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14674-diy-scan-your-own-car/

Edit: The diagnostic port on the CS3 is a 16 pin OBD II port and it's located right underneath the dash. 7 'o clock from the steering wheel.

Edited by Davy

Got one off eBay (model ELM327) and tried it with my phone through an app called Torque. I was unable to connect to the car's ECU although it kept trying for minutes and minutes and failing. Didn't get the chance to check with a PC.

Check this thread out for more info:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14674-diy-scan-your-own-car/

Edit: The diagnostic port on the CS3 is a 16 pin OBD II port and it's located right underneath the dash. 7 'o clock from the steering wheel.

is model is matching the CS3 car?

there is two ports under steering one is white and black.

Is black one is scanner port? then what is white port

does any one know a place to buy these kind of white colour bulbs for lancer?? or in Ebay ??

IMG_0705+(Medium).jpgIMG_0701+(Medium).jpg

no idea about local place but in ebay u can find those bulbs. those are T5 type bulbs.

I also ordered some and waiting for them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230696520962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

hope them will fit to my dashboard

no idea about local place but in ebay u can find those bulbs. those are T5 type bulbs.

I also ordered some and waiting for them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230696520962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

hope them will fit to my dashboard

thnx for the reply

i have srching these bulbs from long tym bt cudnt find in Kandy. hope it will fix for your car.its a small bulb typ wch you can find only in Mitsubishis.can you give me a link to buy ignation light bulbs as well??

engine_check_lights.jpg

thnx for the reply

i have srching these bulbs from long tym bt cudnt find in Kandy. hope it will fix for your car.its a small bulb typ wch you can find only in Mitsubishis.can you give me a link to buy ignation light bulbs as well??

engine_check_lights.jpg

First you remove the existing bulb and check their socket type (T5/T4/T3)

Then search it on ebay. Ebay has any type of bulb with any color so u can easily find them. You just want to sure about the socket type

is model is matching the CS3 car?

there is two ports under steering one is white and black.

Is black one is scanner port? then what is white port

Yes, this matches the CS3 but mine did not work on my car although the device was transmitting a signal. The software was trying different communication protocols but failed to receive the data from the car's ECU. Not sure if things are different in Lancers after 2001 (mine is a 2001 CS3A).

The 16 pin port is the OBD port which is universal and can be used with any scanner that supports the OBD protocol. I believe the other socket is for Mitsubishi specific diagnostic units. On the workshop manuals, I have seen the port being used by a diagnostic unit named "MTU-II" Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I can confirm that ELM-327 scanners in eBay do not work with Lancers. Although Mitsubishi uses OBD-II, the number of bits transmitted per signal element (11 bits I think) its different from the European standard (8 bits?). That's why it connects but doesn't give any information.

I dont think the ELM-327 scanners work with JDM models. These scanners communicate with EOBD whereas JDMs use something else.

This is out of personal experience with a few JDM and nonJDM cars and information from the internet. Could be wrong though.

I dont think the ELM-327 scanners work with JDM models. These scanners communicate with EOBD whereas JDMs use something else.

This is out of personal experience with a few JDM and nonJDM cars and information from the internet. Could be wrong though.

CS3 is not a JDM

I can confirm that ELM-327 scanners in eBay do not work with Lancers. Although Mitsubishi uses OBD-II, the number of bits transmitted per signal element (11 bits I think) its different from the European standard (8 bits?). That's why it connects but doesn't give any information.

than what type of scanner suitable for lancer

• Like 1

Yes they do not work, not because of ELM-327 hardware or firmware, but because the associated apps do not support the initialization string of JOBD ECUs. (Just like you are having a modem but not the right drivers). There are Android apps like Torque Pro with ELM-327 advanced settings supporting custom strings like [ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100]. I have not personally tested them and hence cannot comment further on compatibility. But you can open a terminal program to send manual commands to a ELM-327 for initializing a JOBD interface and begin communicating. I did this some time back with a ELM-327 and was able to successfully communicate at the terminal level.

Surprisingly, I installed the free version of this on my phone just a while ago. Will try when I get home today. :) Looks like they have their own bluetooth device that communicates with their app. Will try with the ELM-327 and see if it works.

Edit:

Yes they do not work, not because of ELM-327 hardware or firmware, but because the associated apps do not support the initialization string of JOBD ECUs. (Just like you are having a modem but not the right drivers). There are Android apps like Torque Pro with ELM-327 advanced settings supporting custom strings like [ATIB 13 96 \n ATIIA ATSH8213F0 ATSP4 0100]. I have not personally tested them and hence cannot comment further on compatibility. But you can open a terminal program to send manual commands to a ELM-327 for initializing a JOBD interface and begin communicating. I did this some time back with a ELM-327 and was able to successfully communicate at the terminal level.

Hmmm... that explains it. Just meddled around with Torque and saw the place where custom IDs can be defined. Will give it a shot after a bit of Googling. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Davy

Well that version seems to support JOBD ECUs hence my question. Its a paid app now though not that expensive.

Exactly. That's paid version of Torque. Before you spend on the app you can try it by opening a terminal on whatever the com port (I used Terminal 1.9b simple but versatile serial com) your ELM327 appear on. Then send the following from a text file.

ATIB 96
ATIIA 13
ATSH8213F0
ATSP4
Then you get a reply from the ECU with current status.
It worked on two Toyota JDM OBD IIs. Unfortunately once I confirmed I could hack it, I lost the interest and stopped pursuing it further. That of course is one of my weaknesses.
Edited by Rumesh88

The OBDLink app does not communicate with the ELM327. This is the error I get:
9ubh.png

As for Torque with ELM327 on the Lancer CS3, after trying out different protocols, it gives the following error:
u370.png

Didn't have enough time to try out the solution by Rumesh88. Will try it out tomorrow as I have to head out of Colombo now. :)

after the tuneup also it does around 9.5- 10 in city limit. Most of the time i drive in economical way but i stay around 15-20 min in traffic daily (daily i do around 22Km). Last week i done emission test and CO2 level is 0.01 in idle and 0 in 2500RPM.

Does any one get higher figures for CS3 2007 version?

Or is the figures are normal?

guys could you please help me with the lancer cs2? there no detailed thread about the cs2 but a lot has been discussed about cs3. i know that the CS2 is 1500cc where as the CS3 is 1600cc. apart from that what are the differences? I came across a 2006 lancer CS2 automatic transmission. It has the double din sound system which is shown in the thread (the JDM dash.not the altered dash). anybody can advice me with the market price? thank you in advance

guys could you please help me with the lancer cs2? there no detailed thread about the cs2 but a lot has been discussed about cs3. i know that the CS2 is 1500cc where as the CS3 is 1600cc. apart from that what are the differences? I came across a 2006 lancer CS2 automatic transmission. It has the double din sound system which is shown in the thread (the JDM dash.not the altered dash). anybody can advice me with the market price? thank you in advance

Answered on the CS2 thread with the hope of keeping this thread purely for the CS3.

• Like 1