• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

They don't remove injectors???

But when i called they told that they also clean the throttle body ,air flow sensor and plugs.

SO those things do by another garage?

I though they do all of the things.

Only thing he told is they don't have plugs for sale so we need to buy it from another place.

Did u do the tuneup recently ?

They have a garage in their back yard. Mechanic there removes the injectors and does other cleaning up work. Only Mr. Perera ( the owner ) operates the Asnu machine. Spark plugs are also available at a shop nearby. The final bill will be for all these work including any replacements.

Injector cleaning part is 100% satisfactory, but I could not say the same about the mechanics.

carson read my post again..

Price of the release bearing they have told you is very reasonable with regard to what i paid for mine.. I searched everywhere for the release bearing but could not be found other than from the agent..

Running on aftermarket clutch plate for about 35000kms now..no issue..

Thanx Don and Trinity, but since Im a bit unfamilier with the vocabulary,

By 'after marcket' did you mean Non-genuine, if so is 'Exedy' one such brand?

Is it possible to get good performance by combining non-genuine clutch disc +/- clutch cover with the genuine release bearing +/- oilseal.

I was told the non-genuine clutch unit contains all parts, but is it posible to buy them seperately and combine them with genuine release bearing.

I feel that if the warning about the vibration by the Un-Mo guy was true it may be overcome by using a genuine release bearing. Im I 100% wrong? :speechless-smiley-023:

Edited by carson

After market == Not branded Mitsubishi but often from the same suppliers who supply Mitsubishi

The key to using after market parts is to make sure they themselves are what they claim to be (the product is actually genuine Exedy for example) which can only be the case if you buy from the local agents of that brand or a reputed distributor.

You can mix and match genuine with after market parts. Many do as whether you use genuine or not depends on the cost of failure. For example people will always us genuine Mitsubishi timing belts as failure would require a massive engine repair.

A clutch is not the same. In SL labour is cheap so replacing a clutch again is not that costly an affair.

So the key here is can you afford 20 000 SLR extra to pay for a new clutch because that is the difference between after market and genuine. If your car gets heavy use I would say spend the extra and go genuine. If your car only gets light use (around 6000 km a year) I say save the money and use good quality not Mitsibishi branded parts.

They have a garage in their back yard. Mechanic there removes the injectors and does other cleaning up work. Only Mr. Perera ( the owner ) operates the Asnu machine. Spark plugs are also available at a shop nearby. The final bill will be for all these work including any replacements.

Injector cleaning part is 100% satisfactory, but I could not say the same about the mechanics.

y any issue with mechanic repair part? Anyway we cant remove injectors and take them to cleanup so have to do everything from them. As i think complex part is injector cleaning other stuff (cleaning throttle body, air flow sensor, clean plugs) are not big complex.

So you done all the things from them? Y not satisfied only with mechanical part?

y any issue with mechanic repair part? Anyway we cant remove injectors and take them to cleanup so have to do everything from them. As i think complex part is injector cleaning other stuff (cleaning throttle body, air flow sensor, clean plugs) are not big complex.

So you done all the things from them? Y not satisfied only with mechanical part?

Well. I took my vehicle there earlier this year due to an issue with it. Got the injectors cleaned and inspected the fuel pump. The mechanic said the filter is clogged and since the filter and the pump come as a single unit, it has to be replaced. So we replaced it with a chinese one but since the problem did not go away, I took the vehicle to the agent. The original pump was perfectly fine and the problem was something else. So replaced the chinese one with the original.

They were very careless in removing the fuel tank and nearly closed the air filter chamber with a screw driver inside it.

They are the local agent for Asnu and the owner is trained to handle the machine. Only them and D*MO have the Asnu machine according to Mr. Perera.

Im due for an engine tune up on Feb. Im thinking of getting the injectors cleaned from them but the other things to be done at another garage. Dont know how practical that is though.

Unfortunately i me t with an accident yesterday :(

I had to replace my bonnet, buffer and left head light.

Does any one know about the prices in out side (not in agent)?

Or any place to buy those things? Better if you can send me the contact information too..

My car is lancer CS3 2007

Unfortunately i me t with an accident yesterday :(

I had to replace my bonnet, buffer and left head light.

Does any one know about the prices in out side (not in agent)?

Or any place to buy those things? Better if you can send me the contact information too..

My car is lancer CS3 2007

Check with Mahinda. Contact number is already shared in this thread. He has used parts mind you, so don't expect them to be 100% perfect. I'm talking about the headlight in particular.

A used headlight will cost you about 18,000 outside. It's over 60,000 at the agent. I remember someone on the forum replacing his CS1 headlight (brand new from Delkanda) for 40,000. Not sure about the bumper and bonnet.

Edit:

Found the other thread: http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15449-lancer-cs1-2008-model-head-lamps/

Edited by Davy

Check with Mahinda. Contact number is already shared in this thread. He has used parts mind you, so don't expect them to be 100% perfect. I'm talking about the headlight in particular.

A used headlight will cost you about 18,000 outside. It's over 60,000 at the agent. I remember someone on the forum replacing his CS1 headlight (brand new from Delkanda) for 40,000. Not sure about the bumper and bonnet.

Edit:

Found the other thread: http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15449-lancer-cs1-2008-model-head-lamps/

thnx for quick reply

i checked with mahinda

he had bonnet for 40000/=

unfortunately he has right side head lamp not left.

he told he having back color black head lamp and both can giving for 30000/=

if i replace black color will it be easy to fine same headlamps in future?

Sorry about your car vidura, but I was reminded while reading through, - a friend of mine replaced a bonnet for a CS1 and it has a 'made in Taiwan' tag. Are such Mitsu parts made in Thai or has he got tricked.

I feel this fact will be important for vidura. :sleeping-smiley-008:

• 2 weeks later...

Please do not go to A*NU Lanka for an engine tune up. The main guy there has good knowledge about what he is doing. Still his knowledge does not manifest in results. My check engine light was lit after the tune up. Furthermore they only clean the injectors and don't do anything else (do not even clean the throttle body). If you go to their website they boast about so many aspects of engine tune up. still it is not backed by results and their solutions are very expensive. Also the ultrasonic cleaning of fuel injectors are given too much importance. They say that only A*NU and D*MO has it in Sri Lanka. So many other places also have the ultrasonic cleaners. Checkout Hiline on Duplication road. They also offer Ultrasonic cleaning of fuel injectors. Says that it is the proper way of cleaning injectors which my mechanic says (and I also agree) is blown out of proportion in importance. They say that any other tecnique will damage the "O" rings on the fuel injectors, but in the case of my tune up proceeded to replace all 4 of my injector "O" rings. Furthermore there is a garage behind ASNU Lanka were you will have to park your vehicle. The name is W*runa Motors. The moment you go there they start suggesting various other repairs to your vehicle and try to make an extra buck. Their work is not at all satisactory. So avoid A*NU LANKA. It was highly recommended in the Autolanka forums. Maybe it's glory days are over. Also they were not keen on following up on my check engine light. Said that it is not their fault but to bring the vehicle to check it out.

Edited by Niranjan de Silva

today i done tuneup from A*nu. They guy handling the machine has good knowledge about it and explained me everything one by one.

Total cost 8380/=

tuneup - 5500/=

injector Washers - 1120/=

spark plugs - 1760/=

Under the tuneup they did

injector cleaning + throttle body cleaning + spark plug changing

overall im happy with their work

Hope i will get more performance (more KMPL)

Same here. Found their work decent but a bit pricy. They wanted 8500 for the injector + throttle body + spark plug cleanup since my car has 4 throttles. They also cleaned the IACV valve. Total was some 11K with 1 set of O rings and 1 set of insulators for the injectors. The A*NU guy is a bit inexperienced when it comes to setting the machine up with side feed injectors though. Took quite some time just to get the thing started. But overall happy.

Edited by c1nder

hi all

did anyone do a modification to fit TV/DVD display to lancer cs car? if so please update some pic.

I found following link that did nice modification to fit display. But not sure how practical it is in SL with compare to price and parts

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/showthread.php?19357-D-I-Y-CS3-2DIN-amp-A-C-Fascia-MOD

The double din conversion on the CS is something I've been looking into ever since I got my car. It's been 5 years and I still have not found an acceptable or reasonably priced solution. I have gone through the link you've shared many times in the past but I really am not too comfortable about cutting and chopping the dash apart just to get this to work.

The closest I have come is this particular guy who supplies hand made AC relocation kits which he sells at a an exorbitant price (for a piece of plastic). The AC relocation bezel alone costs about 26,000LKR last time I checked and this is excluding the double din bezel that accomodates the DVD/Navigation unit. If you're interested, the link is below:

http://www.prtc.net/~cjramos54/index.html

The above guy had a high demand for the bezel (despite the price) and he had stopped production for a while and restarted only on November 2013. He had a nice set of photos on his site about how he does this (under the process link), but they are no more now. I hope it will be available again soon.

The double din bezel is available at japanparts.com (search for part number 180-042-001). Costs just over 5000LKR without shipping. If you're okay with the price, this is the way to go.Google for "Lancer AC relocation kit" for more information.

By the way, were you thinking doing this yourself?

The double din conversion on the CS is something I've been looking into ever since I got my car. It's been 5 years and I still have not found an acceptable or reasonably priced solution. I have gone through the link you've shared many times in the past but I really am not too comfortable about cutting and chopping the dash apart just to get this to work.

The closest I have come is this particular guy who supplies hand made AC relocation kits which he sells at a an exorbitant price (for a piece of plastic). The AC relocation bezel alone costs about 26,000LKR last time I checked and this is excluding the double din bezel that accomodates the DVD/Navigation unit. If you're interested, the link is below:

http://www.prtc.net/~cjramos54/index.html

The above guy had a high demand for the bezel (despite the price) and he had stopped production for a while and restarted only on November 2013. He had a nice set of photos on his site about how he does this (under the process link), but they are no more now. I hope it will be available again soon.

The double din bezel is available at japanparts.com (search for part number 180-042-001). Costs just over 5000LKR without shipping. If you're okay with the price, this is the way to go.Google for "Lancer AC relocation kit" for more information.

By the way, were you thinking doing this yourself?

im not going to cut original parts. It is better if we can buy parts separately for reasonable price. It is reasonable if we able to find solution within 5000/=. I checked the ebay but didnt find the AC converter part

im not going to cut original parts. It is better if we can buy parts separately for reasonable price. It is reasonable if we able to find solution within 5000/=. I checked the ebay but didnt find the AC converter part

Well, I can tell you that the AC relocation bezel I have shared above is a one off thing. It's not made anywhere else, so you definitely won't find it on eBay or in any store for that matter. And no again for the possibility of finding a duplicate set of panels for below 5000. Let me break it down:

Double din bezel - Part number MR626796 : About 5000* LKR

AC bezel (to be cut) - Part number MN151265HA: About 9000* LKR

Lower bezel (to move the AC controls) - Part number MR559023 : About 2000* LKR

(Prices are from japanparts.com and partsouq.com)

You might be able to find the AC bezel for much cheaper at Delkanda or at a recon auto spare parts shop like Euron!ppon or US @uto P@rts.

The AC relocation kit made by the guy above (Cyanide Customs) is much cleaner than actually cutting the AC bezel and putting it inside the lower 1 din bezel. The guy actually uses bondo to mould the bezel and repaints it to give the factory look. Hence the high price tag. The process involves a lot of labour, so you'll have to add a few extra thousand bucks for the paint, bondo etc.

I was always wondering if our good old Dum!nda or M@cvud would be able to do a clean job. They just might be able to.

*Brand new parts without shipping costs

Edited by Davy

There is a JDM Lancer CS with a multi info display where the AC, audio player, and other stuff such as fuel consumption figures are displayed on it. The dashboard layout is much different in that than the Lancers we usually find here. I have seen one or two of these types of Lancers here. This is it:

This is what it looks like (image too large to insert to the post here).

The CS5 touring version did come with a double din slot and with an automatic AC which is located at the centre lower part of the dash.

CIMG0181.jpg

CIMG0180.jpg

Too bad we don't get many of these here. :(

Edited by Davy