• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help With My New Cs3

carson

Hi guys, I'm new both to this forum and Mitsubishi.

I am planning to buy a Mitshbishi CS3 2007 manual car for 2.3M, and am a bit worried about the price.

I will have to spend about 60K for some maintainance repairs as it has done over 100000Km.

Can anybody comment and advice, please?

Thnx

Edited by carson

Hell night is long today..
Let me share few things on maintenance which i had to bare..
Timing belt change.. Genuine parts Rs 17500 plus labour of Rs 3000 something 2 and half years back..
Clutch replacement - Aftermarket clutch plate Rs 4000 odd clutch release bearing (clutch fork) Rs 17500 plus labour cant remember the price, two years back.. (didn't replace the pressure plate). One of my friends who's also a member here did it with all genuine parts cost him around 55k for parts only..
Shocks replaced all four at two intervals KYB front 14k something rear 10k something (each) two years and one year back respectively.. Labour will cost you around 4 to 5 k including a wheel alignment..
Brake pads - front genuine 15k after market 4 to 5k.. Never replaced rear ones.. Mine clocks at 120 now.
Bearings - front 5.5 k and rear 3.75k each aftermarket. this was last year.. And add the cost of wheel alignment to that too..
Engine mounts - (there are 3. Replaced only one) aftermarket 5k genuine 17k i believe..
Rack end after market price 1k.. Tie rod 1.25k
Hmmm what else..
Ah air con - compressor used around 20k..
Power steering hose replacement - 6k with local made hose..
Radiator genuine but used, around 17k..
Rear brake washers 2k each i believe..
Now i'm sleepy..hope this helps..
Best of luck

Edited by trinity
  • Like 4

Hope you are buying this from an individual. Cos some CS1/3 were on hire for companies and would have clocked very high mileage.

If it is a GLX price seems to be ok, GL with lesser options will be 2-3 hundred thousand less.

Try to negotiate the price these cars are very difficult to sell

Hell night is long today..

Let me share few things on maintenance which i had to bare..

Timing belt change.. Genuine parts Rs 29000 plus labour of Rs 4000 something 2 and half years back..

Clutch replacement - Aftermarket clutch plate Rs 4000 odd clutch release bearing (clutch fork) Rs 17500 plus labour cant remember the price, two years back.. (didn't replace the pressure plate). One of my friends who's also a member here did it with all genuine parts cost him around 55k for parts only..

Shocks replaced all four at two intervals KYB front 14k something rear 10k something (each) two years and one year back respectively.. Labour will cost you around 4 to 5 k including a wheel alignment..

Brake pads - front genuine 15k after market 4 to 5k.. Never replaced rear ones.. Mine clocks at 120 now.

Bearings - front 5.5 k and rear 3.75k each aftermarket. this was last year.. And add the cost of wheel alignment to that too..

Engine mounts - (there are 3. Replaced only one) aftermarket 5k genuine 17k i believe..

Rack end after market price 1k.. Tie rod 1.25k

Hmmm what else..

Ah air con - compressor used around 20k..

Power steering hose replacement - 6k with local made hose..

Radiator genuine but used, around 17k..

Rear brake washers 2k each i believe..

Now i'm sleepy..hope this helps..

Best of luck

One of my friends have bought a 2007 CS3 for 2.4 mil recently. given that I guess 2.3 is very good price.

To add to what Trinity said, the price of a timing belt is 40,000 now. I checked for my friend. Engine tuneup will cost around 21k - 23k and the fuel filter is 29,000 wich needs to be replaced at 80,000km. if yours is replaced, no need to worry.

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 1

As others have stated, the price seems to be okay even if this is a GL. If it's a GLX, the price is an absolute bargain.

The GLX comes with 2 airbags and a factory fitted in-dash 6 CD changer and alloys (including a full sized alloy for the spare wheel) whereas the GL comes with 1 airbag. On the facelift, ABS was standard for both GL and GLX if I am not mistaken. Plus, unlike the pre-facelift version which did not have power windows for the on the GL, the facelift version does have power windows as well.

Since trinity has given a clear list of prices, I will not re-iterate the same as I have gone through pretty much the same repairs over the years on my CS3A. The differences and my experience of repairs are:

- AC compressor | Genuine used | 9000LKR (2013)

- Radiator | Genuine used (without fans) | 18,000LKR (2012)

- Radiator fans (both fans with housing) | Genuine used | 6000LKR (2013)

- Rear brake shoes (all four) | Genuine brand new | 4500LKR (2011)

- Rear brake cylinder | aftermarket | 900LKR (no I did not miss a zero and this was in 2013) - Genuine costs 14,000

- Complete left axle | Genuine used | 9000LKR (2013) - Costs over 40,000 at the agent

- Clutch + Pressure Plate + Release bearing (fork with slave pump) | Genuine brand new | total of about 60,000LKR (2011)

- Drive belts (2) | Aftermarket (Mitsuboshi) | 4000LKR (2011) - A single belt was over 7000 at the agent

- Front shocks | KYB | 11,250LKR per shock (2013)

- Rear shocks | KYB | 8500LKR (2010)

- Battery | 3K | 8250LKR (2011) <- this is of little use now, the prices have gone up dramatically (costs about 14,000 I guess)

Also, I have never spent over 8000 on a tune up. A set of good NGK spark plugs cost about 5000 though. My car has done 130,000km now and running on the original fuel pump. (Harry is absolutely right when he said that the pump needs to be repalced at 80,000km. It's clearly stated in the workshop manual. It also says that the ignition coils need to be replaced at 100,000km). One coil pack costs over 20,000LKR at the agent FYI. There are two coil packs.

• Like 2

Wow, i think I'm lucky simply because I have joined such an intimate comunity. Thanx guys.

This car has dual air bags, alloys and power shutters but no CD changer.

To be more presise, with the owner's consent, I have taken the car to a well reputed automobile repaire/maintainance yard in town (not the local bass or the Unimo) where they put it up the Hoist, did a computer scanning, plus a test drive by an expert etc., and suggested the following,

1. Replace some suspension parts (certain bushes and the front shocks)

2. replace alternator bearing and brushes as there is a sound comming from the rasor

3. an engine tuneup (air cleaner seems OK)

4. Clutch replacement, proberbly in about 15,000Km

5. front tires Ok, back tires can do about 10,000Km

6. some adjustment in the brake pads as there is a lateral vibration felt when brakes applied on carpet road at avg speed, which they said will cost around 2500/=

The timing belt had been replaced at 92000Km by Unimo - details available

The body, interior and undersurface is Ok. No tell-tale signs of major accidents.

And please note that this place is the best place in town which also includes the rates!

And thats about it. Should I still feel lucky?

Edited by carson

The fact that the guy allowed u to do all that with the car sounds like he's genuine. and all the repairs you have quoted are actually running repairs u need to face with any second hand car. The fact that ONLY these repairs are required, shows that the guy has looked after the car quite well. So like everyone else, I would say... go get it.

@ davy, machan I came across a 2003 facelift GLX couple of years ago which had only 1 airbag and no alloys for any wheel (had mitsubishi hubcaps). r u sure abt the spec?

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

So this is a GLX.

As Crosswind has said, the repairs are all running repairs. The low price of the car itself will give you a bit of leverage to attend to the urgent repairs as soon as possible. So yes, you should consider yourself lucky. Good luck with the purchase!

Ok lets see

Front suspension replacement - will cost you around 40k including labour, lathe , and wheel alignment charges.. By this i'm assuming that you change front 2 shocks with related bushes and boots, then lower arm bushes in the same time..

Clutch-if you are going all genuine its about 60k as Davy mentioned. Or if you are going aftermarket its about 25k without the pressure plate.. Clutch release bearing you gonna have to buy from the agents cuz its not available after market afik..thats why 25k

Engine tune up 8k

Tires 22k (bought 2 bridgestones couple of months back for that price)

Dont know about the alternator thingy.. We'll assume another 5k for that..

So all sums up to around 95k to 130k in maintenance.. Lets say you bought it for 2.3mil and with all this your total debit would be 2.4mil.. And you know its mechanically sound and you could use it another few years without major issue..

Only question is are there any other cars in the market that could meet this criteria..

Only 6 years old..better fuel consumption..spacious.. Better ground clearance.. Driving pleasure..realiable and for just 2.4 million..

As for me.. I would still buy it..

• Like 5

thanks guys,

this had been quite informative and it got me rid of the few doubts I had in mind.

I will buy it shortly and get the things done early. I'm waiting to update you guys soon.

And just to add I've had Alto x 2, Vitz, N16 1.3, Honda ES1, Tiida 2011 and had gone through good times and bad times with them, but never a lancer.

Owning a Mitsu had been a wish I had, Hope I'll enjoy it.

thanx again.

Edited by carson
  • Like 1

@ davy, machan I came across a 2003 facelift GLX couple of years ago which had only 1 airbag and no alloys for any wheel (had mitsubishi hubcaps). r u sure abt the spec?

Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. Looks like I had my wires crossed on that one machang, you're absolutely right. Airbags and Alloys were indeed optional even for the GLX. For more info, see the image below which is shared in This Post.

lancerpage1516.jpg

The info on the image might not be 100% correct for the Sri Lankan market. Not sure if Sampath (who shared the brochure in the other thread) got this from Unit#d Mot#rs.

Edited by Davy

thanks guys,

this had been quite informative and it got me rid of the few doubts I had in mind.

I will buy it shortly and get the things done early. I'm waiting to update you guys soon.

And just to add I've had Alto x 2, Vitz, N16 1.3, Honda ES1, Tiida 2011 and had gone through good times and bad times with them, but never a lancer.

Owning a Mitsu had been a wish I had, Hope I'll enjoy it.

thanx again.

Buy it mate, you wont regret the choice. :-) good luck

Carson, Mitsubishi is not as popular as it once used to be, where it was the one to go for amongst Japanese imports to SL. Somethings have changed but you will find somethings haven't. I am a bit biased but I think the Lancers have the most dynamic suspension of any car in its class (Honda's have pretty good suspension too but the one in the lancer is nearly the same as the Evo, and chassis is shared to a large degree with the Evo as well). So while it may not have any bells and whistles, when you corner at speed, you will know what is under you :)

Guess what bros,

I got 2007 CS3 for 2.27M

Having said that, I saw that on idle mode the RPM is OK, but when driven and braked it goes up just alittle bit - stays there for a bit and comes down. This may be the tune up problem.

Anyways I'm happy with the deel, Got go and see the mech. guys for the rest.

Guess what bros,

I got 2007 CS3 for 2.27M

Having said that, I saw that on idle mode the RPM is OK, but when driven and braked it goes up just alittle bit - stays there for a bit and comes down. This may be the tune up problem.

Anyways I'm happy with the deel, Got go and see the mech. guys for the rest.

The idle controller valve might be sticking a bit, issue with the throttle position sensor or the is a air leak in the throttle body. First thing to is to clean them (the so called tune up)