• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cnr 2013!!!!!

dreamracer

I say it was more of a F1 car show. They showed it thrice and the commentators said the same stuff. And they had cut down good races in my opinion. The second SLGT and a mini 7 should have been there. :)

Well the F1 car show was enjoyed by all, so I dont see why that should be a problem.... If they had run lots of races, then everybody would have bitched about how late it ended. Some people just cannot be satisfied, apparently..

Safety was poor... Two girls holding the grid numbers were hit by a few of those massive sand bags when Janake and the other crashed in the SLGT event... seriously injured I guess given that a bag is more than 50kg ... saw the whole thing happen from Galadari

Not seriously injured, they are ok. Checked up. Thats certainly an action item for next year tho. That was right in front of me. Apparently one had a gash on her leg, and they were buried under the sand bags. But they'll be fine. Certainly a preventable incident. Too much of a hurry to get the race started I guess.

It was quite an improvement. However, as usual, a yellow vest was more effective in moving around than the Media pass itself. Still, things were improved, even the calibre of driving imo, with a few entries rejected for fear of inexperiance. The grid girls should definitely have been out of the way, but compared to the last two years, safety has improved in leaps and bounds! For those who say there should be more events, I think this year was unique in the R*D B*LL Showcar run: The R*D B*LL team where very particular about their timings. For those who work at the track, and even those who race, having a shorter event is a plus in all respects, and it was actually nice to be home, editing pics before sun had risen. It's gonna be hard to top this year's event in terms of the international classes, but I do look forward to it :)

Ravi was O.K, but it was a pretty scary crash, especially as he crashed directly into and destroyed a generator that provided lights to the track. The sandbags and few tyre barriers scattered around aren't good enough for a tight street circuit imo, but hopefully next year we'll see some armco.

Edited by esdeez
  • Like 1

In my honest opinion, this year was by far the best Night Race we have had. Having driven last year and this year, the improvements were significant and more thought out. All of us drivers agreed that the limited events as well as the exclusion of the GT2, Indian events was a good thing. We weren't tired out from long days and actually enjoyed the event. Finishing off at midnight was fantastic and even the rain didn't dampen the atmosphere by too much. Safety was much better and spectator handling was spot on. If we keep improving at this rate, we should be able to finally get to a international level in the years to come! Cheers!

• Like 2

I nearly went in to the barriers myself.What happened was the rainwater went in to the drums and when the drivers parade started my brakes were virtually non existant.It a few dozen hard paddle pumps to get the heat back in them.I don'tthink Clenmants bro Brian enjoyed that ride much.

As for the organizing. This year was much better.Especially when compared to the utter fiascothat was 2011.

• 3 years later...