• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Continuous ‘Beep’ Tone When Apply Brake Paddle

buddikat

Question

Hello Friends,

I’m experiencing a strange thing that my car (AK 12) giving a continuous ‘beep… beep…’ sound when I apply the brake. That ‘beep…’ alarm is buzzing until release the brake paddle. There is no dashboard indicators are appearing also. This is not happened always but most of the time it happened. I don't have any idea why that happens, please share me if you are having any thoughts on that.

Thanks

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

As crosswinds say it could be your brake pads..presuming you don't feel the grinding notion of the brake pads wearing,etc..etc.. out you might want to check out the following.

I thought I had read this somewhere before on a Nissan tech forum but I can't find it anymore. However I did manage to dig up a similar thread. Apparently it could also be because of some issues with your electrical harnesses which causes a short circuit. In some cases other weird things have happened like the tick tock noise of the signal lights going away, and in some cases the beep goes away once you disconnect the lights..have a read...might be an easy DIY check up whilst waiting to go get the brakes checked.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nissan-Repair-825/2010/1/f/beeping-sound.htm

but I would still get the brakes checked out...just to be on the safe side. Nothing wrong in getting your brakes checked out every now and then...even for no apparent reason...

Edited by iRage

According to the link below, the March has a common electronic unit that controls the beeps (doors, reverse and stuff) and a short circuit, or failure of one of the circuits may cause the beep to sound when braking. Going through iRage's link above, peope have been able to fix the issue simply by replacing their tail lights (which is causing a short circuit) and so on.

Here's a link to another forum in which people talk about the issue:

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/reverse-beep-while-when-braking.49177/

It looks like most of them opted to remove the control unit and eliminate all beeps as oppose to finding what the actual cause is (which is not a good idea IMHO). I guess you can start by checking if you have any blown/bad bulbs (in any circuit). If you still have the issue, the best thing would be to take the vehicle to an electrician so that they can get the issue sorted out for you. My guess is that it would be easy to diagnose this on your own - at least the first few steps.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Yes seems like it is a common problem...I swear I heard this the first time around in regards to a CIMA or FUGA or something on a japanese Nissan tech site which I couldn't find anymore (thus the alternative link). So I wonder if this is a March issue or something that is present in all Nissans of the era...or if the beep itself in the whole scheme of things is intentional or non-intentional (I mean does it beep because the short circuit makes something beep or is it intended to beep when the car detects a fault in the electrical system).

By the way has anyone seen a brake pad wear sensor in Japanese cars ? Most i have seen in Japanese cars is the light coming on when the brakes get really really heated and even that was in a Mark X.

OP : I have no idea how mechanically inclined you are and how successful you would be at feeling the brake pads wearing out or to inspect them yourself...in the off chance that you are not mechanically inclined to notice this maybe you should also go get the brakes checked out just for peace of mind (irrespective of whether the whole circuit cleaning part works out or not)? Like i said before..no harm in getting your brakes checked out (provided you don't give it to some maka bass who is going to break it or take you for a ride)

By the way has anyone seen a brake pad wear sensor in Japanese cars ? Most i have seen in Japanese cars is the light coming on when the brakes get really really heated and even that was in a Mark X.

I remember the corolla 121 jdm model had brake pad wear indicator

I remember the corolla 121 jdm model had brake pad wear indicator

Wow..a 121 of all the things out there....I would guess it was thelight that came up ? as a beep would drown out the squeal/grind from the markers on the pads <not that most people out there would know what it is anyway..had to car-sit my neighbor's X-Trail...a nice Japanese couple with two adorable kids.. .and the pads were worn out to the bone...and no it didn't have any indicator>

Honestly the first thing that came to mind was how Jeremy and Richard wired James' horn to the brake light so that the horn blows every time he stepped on the brakes. Do you have any friends who are capable of such a practical joke?

lol the indian trip :D

Wow..a 121 of all the things out there....I would guess it was thelight that came up ? as a beep would drown out the squeal/grind from the markers on the pads <not that most people out there would know what it is anyway..had to car-sit my neighbor's X-Trail...a nice Japanese couple with two adorable kids.. .and the pads were worn out to the bone...and no it didn't have any indicator>

yeap just the indicator, something like this.

PADS.png

ive seen this in BMW's but first time i saw in a japanese car. the guy came to the garage in a 121 where i tune my car and was asking what this indicatior is and i overheard the maka bass explain that this is a break pad warning light. and so on..

Hi Guys, I am experiencing same thing in wife's car March AK12 from yesterday as reverse gear "beep beep" sound coming when applying breaks. I was told by a friend that there is unit in the gearbox which gets a signal when applying breaks and put gear box into neutral mode, now it erroneously recognizes it has reverse signal. Is it true?

Last month service done at Pitstop Negombo and by there was no issue in the break pads and only driven 1000km from then.

Also, After seen @CAMANpost I will check that as right hand rear break light having a crack for last 5 years

Edited by whmsujith

On 7/2/2021 at 2:00 PM, whmsujith said:

Hi Guys, I am experiencing same thing in wife's car March AK12 from yesterday as reverse gear "beep beep" sound coming when applying breaks.

Problem was with tails lights, due to the aging of the car there had not been any proper earthing. Separate earth wires were fixed to car body and now ok.