• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Capri (The Second)

similarnames

thanks Davy,

i might change some of the gauges in the future. You see that middle insteument cluster is less dainty but its the only thing that i could get calibrated (through the manufacturer) to the wheel diameter of the capri. It has all the indicators that i needed from the gear positions to fuel warning etc etc.

i 100% preoccupied with this nw

Machan don't use up your Autolanka allocated space to upload images. You're gonna run out of space very soon. Use a third party image host. Like www.imageshack.com. Go there, make an account, (it's free) and upload all your images. On the al page, copy and paste the direct URL to your image in the image upload box. It's comes here much bigger on your post.

Machan don't use up your Autolanka allocated space to upload images. You're gonna run out of space very soon. Use a third party image host. Like www.imageshack.com. Go there, make an account, (it's free) and upload all your images. On the al page, copy and paste the direct URL to your image in the image upload box. It's comes here much bigger on your post.

Got it !

• 2 weeks later...

A long time awaited dream came true today. Still cannot believe that i bought one! And its too good to be true to me :party-smiley-019: . Got down a 1jz-GTE with R154 transmission and brought it home. All those ducts were covered with shopping bags from CFC.

still the car is at the garage. I am looking elsewhere over my usual garage to put the motor in .

I am just euphoric.. that's the best way to explain the situation here..

Enjoy the pics

1bql.jpg

7z55.jpg

fj5m.jpg

gzo7.jpg

4hhi.jpg7quo.jpg

• Like 2

That's the update I was waiting for!!!! The engine seems to be quite clean from the pics man. Congratulations!

What's the game plan? Slot it in as is or are you going for a rebuild?

And on a side note..those wheels look massive O_o

Machans,

I am trying my best to avoid a rebuild. Its bit too early to think about it as i need to get down the map sensor etc. to start the motor. i would love some decent mods on the motor but may not go to extremes.

Next in order, mounting it

If you're looking for a place to do the work of slotting in the engine, Raptor performance will probably be your best bet... those guys are the go to people for performance projects...

And awesome engine selection man, this car is going to be really something... You DID check that the engine will fit right?? I ask because the Capri was never available with a straight six so i wonder whether there is enough under hood length to fit engine radiator, ancillaries etc.

Holy mother of engines! That's the 6 pot out of a supra noh?

Close but no, this is the motor that came in the Soarer, Mark II, Chaser etc, 2.5 Litre Turbo

The Supra motor is the bigger brother of this, the almighty 2JZ-GTE with 3 full litres of capacity.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Thanks supra,

I too thought that the motor wouldn't fit. We have already made the engine bay bit more spacious. Then some reinforcement to the front end required to hold the face of the car.

Btw can we see sum pics of ur beautiful mr2

s..hmm??

Edited by similarnames

A long time awaited dream came true today. Still cannot believe that i bought one! And its too good to be true to me :party-smiley-019: . Got down a 1jz-GTE with R154 transmission and brought it home. All those ducts were covered with shopping bags from CFC.

still the car is at the garage. I am looking elsewhere over my usual garage to put the motor in .

I am just euphoric.. that's the best way to explain the situation here..

Enjoy the pics

1bql.jpg

7z55.jpg

fj5m.jpg

gzo7.jpg

4hhi.jpg7quo.jpg

Gee... that looks good. Congratulations!

Guys,

Hoonigan, i followed your footsteps to place an order for a pair of Kumho Ecsta 245x50 R16 for the rear. And sold the existing 215 on Ik$$$ site for a less. However the deal didn't really happen the way i wanted.

Ok.. Long story short, I needed to bring the car back home to slot the engine in . I am planning to do the initial work at home with my cousin's help. I needed a pair of tires something closer to 245x50 R16 to re-modify the arches. So used 225x16s were my best guess until i get the 245's. Saw an advert and phone this guy to pick up a used pair of 225s. (Guess who i bumped into ..? VVTi !)

He gave me a pair tires for FREE !!.. Thanks again for the help dude !

I guess i did not disclose your identity.

Edited by similarnames

Yes yes so he told me. I was with him last evening. Watched a movie and knocked back a few. We're all rooting for your project mate. And im sure vvti was glad to have helped. that's what Autolanka is all about!

Also, I've noticed your yellow glanza around. But with a girl. Always wondered which lady doc had a banana yellow glanza!