• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

25% Discount For Revenue License

Crosswind

This would work nicely for me as my jeep's RL expires on the 21st; but then i saw the fine print.. the fee must be under Rs.6000, it was 8000 the last time i registered it. And another thing is that mine's pretty old hence doesn't require the Emissions Test, I wonder if the system can handle such exceptions.

OK, correction: the Rs.8000 for me was with an unpaid year n fine. Anyway, I just went and got the fitness report (as its a 28 sri registration) and went to their office in Dehiwala. I handed the 'book' and fitness test, and the counter lady asked for the regular docs, but i said they were renewed a while back hence should be in the system. No emissions test needed as the YOM is 1969. I doubt that she verified the docs on the system (as she did everything it pretty fast). In and out in under 10 minutes.

Davy, is it confirmed that you can renew an expired RL online? I thought you can't, maybe there is certain period within which you can. Any detail would be helpful.

I renewed an expired license online last month

No issue at all - they charge the usual penalty & a nominal service fee, but well worth it for the convenience IMO

They let you print a temporary copy with the details necessary until they send the original via registered post

Got two done in the last two months - works like clock work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately all mine are above 6000. And they will renew extremely old and expired licences as well - the fine given on the site is slightly less than what govt. gazette suggests, but who's complaining?

Slightly OT;

Does anyone know the basis for determining a price of a revenue license?

It's based on the class and weight of the vehicle machan (and any other delay fee + stamp duty applicable). Check out the PDF document below for a detailed breakdown of the Revenue Licence charges (refer page 8 onwards).

Download PDF (Applicable to 2013)

Link to where I got this from: Here

• Like 1

It's based on the class and weight of the vehicle machan (and any other delay fee + stamp duty applicable). Check out the PDF document below for a detailed breakdown of the Revenue Licence charges (refer page 8 onwards).

Download PDF (Applicable to 2013)

Link to where I got this from: Here

Annual revenue license fees been increased this year (2013) which got effected from May 2nd.

Refer Page 8 on wards.

1796-22E.pdf

Edited by chams

• 1 year later...
Sorry for reviving old thread. I'm going to renew my revenue license for the first time after buying a used car. Can I do the online stuff and get the revenue license in my name or is there any other paper work involved?

You can do it once the ownership is transferred to you name and no more paper work. You need to verify the validity of your insurance and Eco certificate if applicable. They will post the revenue license under registered post to the address in the book. In fact I have a problem now with this because I no longer live at the address given in the book and they do not have an option to update/amend the postal address AFAIK.

• Like 1

You can do it once the ownership is transferred to you name and no more paper work. You need to verify the validity of your insurance and Eco certificate if applicable. They will post the revenue license under registered post to the address in the book. In fact I have a problem now with this because I no longer live at the address given in the book and they do not have an option to update/amend the postal address AFAIK.

They actually do have a process Rumesh. My CS3 was registered under my mother's name and she got it changed to our new address after we moved. This was done a couple of years back, so I don't remember the exact process. I will ask her and get back to you on this.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Yeah car is now transferred to my name. Looking forward to hear more @Davy

I asked my mother and she barely remembers the process, but she said that there was a "Change of Particulars" form that can be obtained from DMT. It has to be handed over with the original registration document and the current owner's NIC copy. I'm not 100% sure if that is all that's needed.

EDIT: Looks like it's form CMT 72. Got it from here.

Edited by Davy

I asked my mother and she barely remembers the process, but she said that there was a "Change of Particulars" form that can be obtained from DMT. It has to be handed over with the original registration document and the current owner's NIC copy. I'm not 100% sure if that is all that's needed.

EDIT: Looks like it's form CMT 72. Got it from here.

this is what it says in the DMT web sites. not sure whether it is up-to date. found here . link might not work in the future as does not look like a permalink. hence copied the content below

Documents required to be submitted for the revision of information contained in the registration certificate.

1. CMT 72 application
  2. Registration certificate of the vehicle
  3. Vehicle Identity Card (applicable only for vehicles with new numbers starting with English letters.)
  4. In case of a change of the colour of the vehicle, engine number etc. certificate of the Motor Vehicle examiner (CMT – 130)
  5. If luxury taxes are applicable, originals of the receipts on payment of such taxes and photo copies of the same.
  6. If another engine has been installed, the prior approval of the Commissioner General and the receipt for the purchase of the engine (with photo copies)
  7. In case of revision of the name and the address, relevant documents confirming the fact should be submitted.(EX.Birth certificate, National Identity Card, Report of the Grama Niladhari, an affidavit etc)

Fee : Rs. 300/-

• Like 4