• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

11 Reasons Why Hybrid Cars Are Better Than You Think

chams

So back on the topic, I do not think squatting is that bad. If you read the section on sexual dysfunction in the article http://naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html, you would always be squatting! :mosking:

Rumesh88,

You have posted the truth. I still use squting pan for complete empting my Bovels.

Komisiripala had endorsed same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

current generation Hybrids are obviously better with fuel economy and obviously it is the future until electricity or other source of energy picks up the vehicle market

Hybrid haters in this thread is like all the auto-gear hates when they were introduced back in the day

But now do you see anyone asking for a new car with Manual gear ? :speechless-smiley-004:

nowadays all the general & luxury manufactures (Ferrari,Porsche etc) are jumping into this hybrid systems and soon there will be very less options without a hybrid build into a vehicle :sad-smiley-066:

even supercar manufacturers are turning to use hybrids in their cars :)

So

brace yourself.... in future it will not be a question about why hybrids better but everything is becoming hybrids whether we like it or not

check out the McLaren P1:

A supercar with a hybrid system which gives speed and fuel economy.

http://www.boldride.com/ride/2014/mclaren-p1

Fitted with a twin powerplant powertrain generating 916 PS (903 bhp) from the highly efficient 3.8-liter twin turbo V8 petrol engine and the lightweight electric motor, the McLaren P1™ storms from a standstill to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 2.8 seconds, and hits 200 km/h (124 mph) in 6.8 seconds – quicker than many hot hatches reach half that speed.
Despite these impressive figures, the McLaren P1™ still returns 34.0 mpg (8.3 l/100km) on the EU combined cycle, with CO2 emissions of 194 g/km. The electric motor offers a range of 11 km (6.8 miles) in full electric mode on the NEDC cycle, which sees emissions drop to zero.

current generation Hybrids are obviously better with fuel economy and obviously it is the future until electricity or other source of energy picks up the vehicle market

Hybrid haters in this thread is like all the auto-gear hates when they were introduced back in the day

But now do you see anyone asking for a new car with Manual gear ? :speechless-smiley-004:

nowadays all the general & luxury manufactures (Ferrari,Porsche etc) are jumping into this hybrid systems and soon there will be very less options without a hybrid build into a vehicle :sad-smiley-066:

even supercar manufacturers are turning to use hybrids in their cars :)

So

brace yourself.... in future it will not be a question about why hybrids better but everything is becoming hybrids whether we like it or not

check out the McLaren P1:

A supercar with a hybrid system which gives speed and fuel economy.

http://www.boldride.com/ride/2014/mclaren-p1

Even the % of people turning gay is also on the rise.... doesn't mean u need to become gay & stop enjoying all those cute female hoohas, booties and racks .....

Incidentally, the gay lawyer in the sitcom "modern family" also uses a Pri-ASS Van no? Am i seeing a trend :sad-smiley-066:

Why do we need to brace ourselves by the way. I'm sure we won't get swept out from the massive wind force created by one of your hybrids. They barely pass the 30km/h mark ????

• Like 4

i was able to learn very important point from this thread. definitely this will help you to live happy life.

When you get (bought) something after going through several alternatives, and if you are not happy about the product you bought , there is a way to reduce the impact.

here it is:

Google for "11 reasons why <product you bought> is better than you think".

then find a good article and read it, you might be able to justify your decision .

But never ever post that article content to a forum (don't even think about AL)

OK Would you buy a automatic vehicle from the 60s? No, cos at that point the technology was new and wasn't mastered. Likewise though hybrids would be the norm in 50 years once the technology has been used, tested and refined, at that point no-one would would want to buy your 2013 3rd Gen Prius. People here don't hate hybrids. They hate hybrid owners.

Think of it this way; We're fine with people's freedom to choose thier sexuality. But when a fruity-boy hybrid owner come here trying to shove his c*ck hybrid ideas in our mouths car preferences, THAT'S when we have a problem!

Incidentally, the gay lawyer in the sitcom "modern family" also uses a Pri-ASS Van no? Am i seeing a trend :sad-smiley-066:

Yes. Actually that is used to humor the fact that gays tend to be more environmental-hippies and what not. Mitchell Pritchett (the lawyer in MF) in fact is an environmental lawyer, and this is thier 2nd Prius since the show started.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

The supercar manufacturers adopted the technology to fill in the gaps of the IC engine if I'm not mistaken. Not exactly the same interpretation of the technology used in the prius.

Like someone mentioned early on, hybrids are an interim technology and more than likely be replaced by alternative fuels like hydrogen.

And btw, there's a prius in MF??? Granted I don't watch it often, it's pretty hard to see past that gorgeous piece of latin a** :D

Well this might be true with you and your associates with the same mentality. But there are more than enough people who'd choose a stick shift over an auto.

I am one of those who opted for manuals over auto. Owned only one auto over the years and the only slight advantage it had was when being stuck at stop and go traffic.

• Like 4

This dumb argument was made on TV by one famous mechanic whos name sounds like a potato-garden. Eventually, all the exhaust-pipe lickers quote this dumb analogy.

Do you people even know when 'back in the day' was? Do u think auto gear vehicles came to Sri Lanka in 1990s (quoting potato-garden's words)???

Did you people know that 1 sri 1 Cadillac owned by Sir John was an auto gear vehicle? In fact, auto gear vehicles have come to this country since 1940s but it took another whopping 50 years for them to become mainstream in Sri Lanka.... because it's a different market!

People have to understand that before following the herd, quoting irrelevant articles from countries like the USA and jumping up and down about it.

• Like 3

First off, Thank you Mr. Sylvi for that disturbing image. ;)

The "anyone" you are referring to are probably not motor enthusiasts - people who love cars and the enjoy the drive. I for one have never owned a car with automatic transmission yet. And I don't plan on doing so for as long as I can.

Plus, over here we've got people who dump their OEM automatic transmission for a manual just for the kick of it. So your statement is of very little accuracy here.

• Like 1

May be not on Elak!r!. But I'm sure most of the enthusiasts in AL would chose a manual over an auto...

yes, in reality most of the people who love to have a manual use (have bought) ATs.

reason? - > in average, one family can't afford two vehicles (did you get the point :D )

Edited by MV-5
  • Like 1

I still use squting pan for complete empting my Bovels.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

After reading this, I have a sudden urge to commit suicide. I will now be forever haunted by nightmares of an old guy depositing his golden bars on a squatting pan.

Life is not worth living anymore.Can somebody come and slit my wrists please?

Edited by liya

This dumb argument was made on TV by one famous mechanic whos name sounds like a potato-garden. Eventually, all the exhaust-pipe lickers quote this dumb analogy.

Do you people even know when 'back in the day' was? Do u think auto gear vehicles came to Sri Lanka in 1990s (quoting potato-garden's words)???

Did you people know that 1 sri 1 Cadillac owned by Sir John was an auto gear vehicle? In fact, auto gear vehicles have come to this country since 1940s but it took another whopping 50 years for them to become mainstream in Sri Lanka.... because it's a different market!

People have to understand that before following the herd, quoting irrelevant articles from countries like the USA and jumping up and down about it.

Well this might be true with you and your associates with the same mentality. But there are more than enough people who'd choose a stick shift over an auto.

I am one of those who opted for manuals over auto. Owned only one auto over the years and the only slight advantage it had was when being stuck at stop and go traffic.

May be not on Elak!r!. But I'm sure most of the enthusiasts in AL would chose a manual over an auto...

Guys.. I'm talking about everyday general people who use cars for daily commuting and most of the general usage.. my example was bulk of mainstream manufacturers will move into hybrid systems sooner than later and it will not take another 50 yrs to do that. And the demand for that will increase with mainstream customers.

you are only speaking about the the opinions of Car enthusiasts who love driving manuals.. thats a different story..

Even the % of people turning gay is also on the rise.... doesn't mean u need to become gay & stop enjoying all those cute female hoohas, booties and racks .....

Why do we need to brace ourselves by the way. I'm sure we won't get swept out from the massive wind force created by one of your hybrids. They barely pass the 30km/h mark ????

Who says everyone needs to jump to hybrids?? you got it all wrong my friend. I'm saying expect more hybrids models coming to the market NOT you need to buy one

After reading this, I have a sudden urge to commit suicide. I will now be forever haunted by nightmares of an old guy depositing his golden bars on a squatting pan.

Life is not worth living anymore.Can somebody come and slit my wrists please?

And you wouldnt mind watching YOUNG guy depositing his 'golden bars'?

:P

Google for "11 reasons why <product you bought> is better than you think".

then find a good article and read it, you might be able to justify your decision .

But never ever post that article content to a forum (don't even think about AL)

hehe good point !

I would.

Whats your point? That I should buy something that I don't like coz "everyone" is doing it?

I can think for myself and determine my own requirements, I don't need to follow a crowd like a bunch of rats following the pied piper. Off a bloody cliff.

Guys.. I'm talking about everyday general people who use cars for daily commuting and most of the general usage.. my example was bulk of mainstream manufacturers will move into hybrid systems sooner than later and it will not take another 50 yrs to do that. And the demand for that will increase with mainstream customers.

you are only speaking about the the opinions of Car enthusiasts who love driving manuals.. thats a different story..

No, thats not what you said. What you said was.

Either learn how to express your opinions properly, or don't bother expressing them at all.

There are few things worse than people (to use the term loosely) that say one thing and then say "oh no, I meant something else".

Nothing can be a worse nightmare than dreaming Sylvie pooping in his squatting pan. Imagine the sound effects emanating from that house of horror?

"Honorable Sirs...UURRRHHH...(Plop!)......when we were young 200 years ago ........URRRRRGGHH (Plop!).....BOROOOS!!

Edited by liya
  • Like 1

Yes. Actually that is used to humor the fact that gays tend to be more environmental-hippies and what not. Mitchell Pritchett (the lawyer in MF) in fact is an environmental lawyer, and this is thier 2nd Prius since the show started.

Thank you for shedding some light on something I was not aware of. Now I understand why my wife opposed to my plans for a Prius a good two years back. But is she really that knowledgeable? Oh no... how can I tell her with an open mind that I am planing a night out with a couple of my friends who has hybrids?

Nothing can be a worse nightmare than dreaming Sylvie pooping in his squatting pan. Imagine the sound effects emanating from that house of horror?

"Honorable Sirs...UURRRHHH...(Plop!)......when we were young 200 years ago ........URRRRRGGHH (Plop!).....BOROOOS!!

lf6zd.gifThis thread is so disgusting 2utlnyu.gif

• Like 1

Watchman, on 05 Dec 2013 - 14:34, said:snapback.png

"Honorable Sirs...UURRRHHH...(Plop!)......when we were young 200 years ago ........URRRRRGGHH (Plop!).....BOROOOS!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

liya,

Because you came up with this post I post under. Not at all related to Hybrid vehicles.

Are you an alien? Do not forget the past. Our forefathers did not have Toilet seats.

Toilet seat was created about 250 years ago. Early days who lived use a waterways for their needs.

king’s jester “Andarelived in Ceylon. Whenever he comes to Colombo stayed at house, Sea Avenue. Colombo 00300.He went to beach for a call of nature.

Few boys who were playing started to shout at him.Then called that area as (KOLLANGE PITYA) Later that was named Kollupitiya.

If you travel in Japan Bullet train (Shinkansen high speed train) there are two type of toilets.

The best way to do a call of nature is on a Squatting Pan.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

"Honorable Sirs...UURRRHHH...(Plop!)......when we were young 200 years ago ........URRRRRGGHH (Plop!).....BOROOOS!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

liya,

Because you came up with this post I post under. Not at all related to Hybrid vehicles.

Are you an alien? Do not forget the past. Our forefathers did not have Toilet seats.

Toilet seat was created about 250 years ago. Early days who lived use a waterways for their needs.

king’s jester “Andarelived in Ceylon. Whenever he comes to Colombo stayed at house, Sea Avenue. Colombo 00300.He went to beach for a call of nature.

Few boys who were playing started to shout at him.Then called that area as (KOLLANGE PITYA) Later that was named Kollupitiya.

If you travel in Japan Bullet train (Shinkansen high speed train) there are two type of toilets.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Excuse me, but from what I learnt in school "kollupitiya" was called that because the area had a large field of "kollu" which had been some form of horse-feed. I have not heard of "kollu" in any other context, but then again I would still believe that theory rather than, to believe that it's called that because someone took a dump on the beach and kids made fun of him. In that case there would be many many "kollupitiya"s from colombo to matara along galle road.

PS:

Nice garandiya about the bullet train... smooth :P

Edited by Watchman

liya,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr. Wijesinghe,

Andare stayed at your house? That's cool

Are u a descendant of his?

Sincerely,

Crosswind