• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tire Pressure

sahanlak

Question

Guys, I'm using a Toyota aqua and having a dilemma between choosing the correct tire pressure. Right now all the tires are at 30, this is what I got when I purchased the vehicle. I swapped to N2 and sticked with 30.

While browsing other prius related forums, I saw people are using much higher pressures, and different pressures like 38(f_ PSI and 35® PSI. This is my first car so still getting used to these stuff, but is it ok to use 2 different tire pressures for front and rear? (no garage told me this), I'm thinking about trying 38f and 35r (some people are going all the way up to 40 (but in US, UK), good call?

Thanks

15 answers to this question

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="whatever" data-cid="251841" data-time="1385788245"><p>

Follow the recommended tyre pressure in the user manual or indicated in the B pillar as Davy said. Those people you mentioned might be hypermiling and trying to get maximum inches per liter. </p></blockquote>

We'll not exactly, since most of the cars imported are domestic models, the mentioned tire pressure is for Japanese roads & may uncomfortable on roads in Sri Lanka. I was told little bit lower than what was mentioned in the B pillar.

Cheers

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="whatever" data-cid="251841" data-time="1385788245"><p>

Follow the recommended tyre pressure in the user manual or indicated in the B pillar as Davy said. Those people you mentioned might be hypermiling and trying to get maximum inches per liter. </p></blockquote>

We'll not exactly, since most of the cars imported are domestic models, the mentioned tire pressure is for Japanese roads & may uncomfortable on roads in Sri Lanka. I was told little bit lower than what was mentioned in the B pillar.

Cheers

You've got a point here.

This is not applicable only for "tire pressure". instruction on service frequency, oil types and many more......should be re-defined.

simply,this "kaveen" or someone should re-write the user manual and publish it . :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MV-5" data-cid="251875" data-time="1385819867"><p>

You've got a point here.<br />

This is not applicable only for "tire pressure". instruction on service frequency, oil types and many more......should be re-defined.<br />

simply,this "kaveen" or someone should re-write the user manual and publish it . :sport-smiley-004:</p></blockquote>

If you cannot contribute any value to the post, should stay away commenting and insulting people.

If you cannot contribute any value to the post, should stay away commenting and insulting people.

i just pointed out some more scope of the same point you brought up. some JDM owners might be still following the instructions in the manual.

I agreed your point that the user manual and information which is mentioned in the car is not applicable for this country.

what i did was just "extend your point".

mate, if You and I are not here , then forum members will follow Davys reply.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MV-5" data-cid="251887" data-time="1385823410"><p>
i just pointed out some more scope of the same point you brought up. some JDM owners might be still following the instructions in the manual.<br />
I agreed your point that the user manual and information which is mentioned in the car is not applicable for this country.<br />
what i did was just "extend your point".<br />
mate, if You and I are not here , then forum members will follow Davys reply.</p></blockquote>
noted.

Edited by chams

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MV-5" data-cid="251887" data-time="1385823410"><p>

i just pointed out some more scope of the same point you brought up. some JDM owners might be still following the instructions in the manual.<br />

I agreed your point that the user manual and information which is mentioned in the car is not applicable for this country.<br />

what i did was just "extend your point".<br />

mate, if You and I are not here , then forum members will follow Davys reply.</p></blockquote>

Sorry if I said anything wrong, I must have not understood correctly. Autolanka is full of haters of others posts. And they are having admin rights. Not letting anyone else to post freely. They rule these forums. Really want to create a forum where everyone can post freely.

Dude, which ever damn link I click in I see you ranting unwanted crap... who the f**k are u ? 80 yr old granny Get a life dude. I get that joker Cali's smell in yr posts. If u are not happy with the Mods , use a diferent forum. No one forced u here and neither want to retain you. Use elakiri.com for god's sake for your bi*ching

• Like 3

The recommended tire pressure for my vehicle (brand new imported to Sri lanka and optimized for our climate), is 33 for front and 31 for rear. Over the last two years, I have understood that a tire pressure of 31 for front and 30 for rear gives better ride comfort.

Just a comment on this. If you go down to a sensitivity level of 1 or 2 psi of tyre pressure making a difference then you need to factor in the temperature as well. This is because for every 10F temperature change there will be a change of 1 psi roughly (those familiar with PV/T equation can work it out). For example if you begin your journey to Colombo from Nuwara Eliya in the morning and set your tyre pressure at 30psi at a 70F ambient temperature, when you get to Colombo on a sunny day you would read a pressure of 33psi when your tyre temperature could well be at 100F. Keep this too in mind when you try to maintain the tyre pressure to an accuracy of 1 - 2 psi. So it is always better to set the tyre pressure to recommended level in the morning and before the tyres are heated up on a long run.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

The recommended tire pressure for my vehicle (brand new imported to Sri lanka and optimized for our climate), is 33 for front and 31 for rear. Over the last two years, I have understood that a tire pressure of 31 for front and 30 for rear gives better ride comfort.

Initially when i got mine (JDM) , i used to pump 28 for all four. The drive was generally uncomfortable , with a vibration when i pumped 30 or above. BTW , CW your tyres are 195/60s are they? Your gal is a focus if I remember correct?

Now after good 02 years front & rear with 30 seems more comfortable than 28. Guess attributable to the weakened suspension.