• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

It seems that D*MO Batta had brought the injured people to the exit, then only the police ambulance transferring them to the ambulance. That is funny..... Typical Sri Lanka..

See video poster's comment

"

Car Accident Happened in 2012 04 15 in new southern expressway and no one stopped their vehicle for help these people we stopped our lorry and take them off from broken and blasting car and took them to the Kurundugahahetekma exit.....I recorded this video from my mobile nokia 3110 classic......sorry about video quality

"

As a human being batta driver has done a good this, but it is not the correct thing to do.

Edited by Ek3 Ferio

It seems that D*MO Batta had brought the injured people to the exit

it's not a d##o batta it's a mazda bongo lorry at the end of the video clip you can see the front side of the lorry. :)

Hey guys I have a question, I heard they do catch you for speeding in e01, can anybody clarify me how they do it, Do cops chas people like in USA??

Don't be a jerk. 100kmph is a good speed and stick to that. At the end this is not autobahn.

Hey guys I have a question, I heard they do catch you for speeding in e01, can anybody clarify me how they do it, Do cops chas people like in USA??

Why should they? You have to leave it at a toll booth no? They catch you there.

But they do catch you, and as everyone said, please don't be a d*ck on the e01. Drive safe.

Almost became part of a 6 car pileup because 2 idiot e01 cops on a bike were doing about 30kmph on the left hand lane. Yes, I do look more than 2 cars ahead of me, but not everyone does. And I don't think it's safe for cops to be doing less than half the maximum speed limit on the left hand lane, if at all they need to maintain that leisurely speed, they should stick to the "emergency lane. So much for the "special training for expressway police."

• Like 1

Gettying back in to topic, one of my office colleagues who lives close to the Kahathuduwa exit was saying that the water drainage system of the E01 in some areas are so poorly done that few inches of water collects at certain places if the rains are really bad. If confirmed, this might explain some of the accidents, clear cases of aqua-planing and not necesasrliy driver error.

There are some places where water accumulates under heavy downpours not exactly sure as to the depth of those puddles. But I must say that they are few and far between and the main reason for aquaplaning would most likely be speeding on worn tyres. We are still used to getting the maximum out of our tyres - New rubber is pretty expensive these days - even if the tread ware has gone way beyond the mark where it should be replaced.

It really isn't a good idea to hit the E01 in heavy rain if your tyres are in a bad state. Worse yet to carry speeds way beyond the tyre's capability if not for the car's. I take the E01 atleast once a week and have seen so many motorist maintain very high speeds even in the wet.

Gettying back in to topic, one of my office colleagues who lives close to the Kahathuduwa exit was saying that the water drainage system of the E01 in some areas are so poorly done that few inches of water collects at certain places if the rains are really bad. If confirmed, this might explain some of the accidents, clear cases of aqua-planing and not necesasrliy driver error.

Confirmed. Not sure about the thickness but there are places like that. I usually noticed them once I encounter and skip those places.

• Like 1

Hey dude, why dont u move u r ass to a another country, and speedup in a expressway (in US its equivalent to interstates and in Australia its freeway and in UK its motorway) and see cops gonna chase you or not. cops do chase you in all those countries). They are on the sides of the road or in the middle of the divider, (which is so big) anyway heres a youtube link that a ford GT driver quote on high speed gun by the cops and he try to avoid cops by taking the next exit. He taks with some of his friends on the radio to ask where abouts of the cop. So check it out. Now I will tell you STFU.

Your initial question was if cops chased on the E01. I told you why you were stupid have had to ask that question to begin with... No-one ever disagreed with you on what happens in other countries.

You seem to be awfully proud to have been countries besides Sri Lanka.. it doesnt impress anyone here dude :rolleyes:

Your initial question was if cops chased on the E01. I told you why you were stupid have had to ask that question to begin with... No-one ever disagreed with you on what happens in other countries.

You seem to be awfully proud to have been countries besides Sri Lanka.. it doesnt impress anyone here dude :rolleyes:

Ha ha this is what you said earlier, I ask a simple question because I didnt know about it, and you guys are the experts so I asked from you guys and you said this"Pal, Sorry to disturb you. Those are not highways.. There are freeways. You can't be followed for speeding in a highway, but can in a freeway... You're been paid for certain speed if it exceed you will be in Speed cam, not chasing cops..So " and I know for a fact that country I live cops chase speeding cars. I wanted to get to know how SL do it. It was a simple question and you guys thought I m asking a dumb question. But looks like all other countries does it so its reasonable for me to ask that question how it done in SL.

There are freeways. You can't be followed for speeding in a highway, but can in a freeway... You're been paid for certain speed if it exceed you will be in Speed cam, not chasing cops..So

In the contrary you didnt know what is a highway and what is a freeway. Galle road is a highway and E01 is a freeway. so learn something if you dont know about it from people that know about it. Before commenting on a public forum.

There are freeways. You can't be followed for speeding in a highway, but can in a freeway... You're been paid for certain speed if it exceed you will be in Speed cam, not chasing cops..So

In the contrary you didnt know what is a highway and what is a freeway. Galle road is a highway and E01 is a freeway. so learn something if you dont know about it from people that know about it. Before commenting on a public forum.

If you know so much why are you even here asking questions? Stay in whatever country you're in and speed all you want. But be careful; if they catch you they might put you back in that fishing trawler that yo smuggled yourself into whatever country you're in, and ship you back to Sri Lanka.