• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

I was under the impression that when there is more water it will boil more.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Can you'll suggest me a good place to check on this issue without breaking forum rules.. I even took it to 'the agents' and they keep coming with the usual bullshit which I'm sure wont solve the problem since the car doesn't heat up in usual conditions..

Thanks..

If you need to get it flushed, you can try L@ugf$ on Havelock road. They do a pretty decent job from what I have experienced anyway.

If you need to get it flushed, you can try L@ugf$ on Havelock road. They do a pretty decent job from what I have experienced anyway.

I doubt flushing the system will fix it. If there is a block, it should be there all the time, which is no the case. Since this happens only at high speeds the belt maybe slipping or issue with the water pump. Doubt the issue is with the fan as there is plenty of blowing on the e01

Laughs guys will not be able to help... best would be some small garage since u don't want to go with the agents, there is a place in Madiwela, the guy is very good. Its between kotte and the parliament, somewhere close to that Bird park on the Madiwela road.

I doubt flushing the system will fix it. If there is a block, it should be there all the time, which is no the case. Since this happens only at high speeds the belt maybe slipping or issue with the water pump. Doubt the issue is with the fan as there is plenty of blowing on the e01

Laughs guys will not be able to help... best would be some small garage since u don't want to go with the agents, there is a place in Madiwela, the guy is very good. Its between kotte and the parliament, somewhere close to that Bird park on the Madiwela road.

E

Errr i doubt you can call that a small garage, and no they are costly. Trust me i live very very close by and have done some work.

I was under the impression that when there is more water it will boil more.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

This could be possible if the coolant's boiling point is higher than 100C :)

E

Errr i doubt you can call that a small garage, and no they are costly. Trust me i live very very close by and have done some work.

Yes, its a pretty big garage..... the owner guy checks out every car himself and he seems to put a lot of effort in to it. I have only taken a Swift for a suspension repair, but I cannot remember them being very expensive... Although I have seen some big fancy SUVs there

I pass that place on a daily basis, it's got every kind of car imaginable, even two hearses, a Crown and recently a Stagea.

Edit: And on the topic of the radiator overflow at high speeds, it could be because the waterpump is working faster than usual thus revealing the bottleneck with the increased circulation pressure.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

Not exactly the case. the green stuff increases the boiling point of the mix but too much of it restricts the water's ability to carry heat. So if you've got too much of it, it'll create overheating.

http://www.challengers101.com/CoolantMix.html

Anyway your engine is not getting enough coolant when it's running at high revs or radiator is not exchanging heat properly. If I were you, I'd remove the thermostat and do a short run on E01 again to see if the issue has something to do with the thermostat. May be it's not opening enough. (was it a genuine one that you put in ? )

Can you'll suggest me a good place to check on this issue without breaking forum rules.. I even took it to 'the agents' and they keep coming with the usual bullshit which I'm sure wont solve the problem since the car doesn't heat up in usual conditions..

Thanks..

There is a small radiator place in Nawala as well close to the Lorry park (where they unload sand etc). They are located in the road which is on the other side of the Nawala road from the lorry park (so if you are travelling from Nugegoda it is a road on the left). I had the same problem and these guys took my radiator apart and cleaned it manually and the problem was solved.

I advice against using chemical flush in places like laughs. In older cars some of the sediment is actually maintaining the water seals, so if you dissolve them you might end up with leaks in the coolant system and might discover corrosion in pipes which probably will be ok for a while if left alone!

The reason why the overheating happens only when the engine is revved hard is because this produces more heat and the loss of efficiency in the radiator/cooling process means it can't cool the engine in time.

There is a small radiator place in Nawala as well close to the Lorry park (where they unload sand etc). They are located in the road which is on the other side of the Nawala road from the lorry park (so if you are travelling from Nugegoda it is a road on the left). I had the same problem and these guys took my radiator apart and cleaned it manually and the problem was solved.

I advice against using chemical flush in places like laughs. In older cars some of the sediment is actually maintaining the water seals, so if you dissolve them you might end up with leaks in the coolant system and might discover corrosion in pipes which probably will be ok for a while if left alone!

The reason why the overheating happens only when the engine is revved hard is because this produces more heat and the loss of efficiency in the radiator/cooling process means it can't cool the engine in time.

The place you are talking about, is in Kandawatta road, opposite Rocell in Nawala road. I too can vouch for the quality of their work but they come a tad bit expensive.

Machang is this Yatawara's joint?

I know this is going to sound weird since i basically live next doors but no idea machan, went there and got a quotation for some work and never looked back :)

Hands down the, the FIAT ! I am partial, I know the owner and i know the car... :)

Crowns will come and go, the X1/9 will live forever!

hell yeah!!!! same here. listen to that engine as it accelerates!!!! that's how cars should sound!!!!

hands down fiat x1/9 FTW it's sound fantastic. :action-smiley-035:

when it comes to making music with cylinders....nobody does it better than them Italians.

Be it ferraris, ducattis, fiats or alfas....all of them sound so damn awesome! This is one of the reasons i find newer cars so damn boring. especially the electric motor driven ones!

• Like 2

I don't understand... are you jealous their car is faster (and incidentally better in every way) than your Prius? Otherwise I don't see why your or anyone else would care.

Edited by terrabytetango

I don't understand... are you jealous their car is faster (and incidentally better in every way) than your Prius? Otherwise I don't see why your or anyone else would care.

i bet he thinks that cops will go through youtube and catch them :D

Driving at top speed is great and top speed videos are great, but most people don't film their faces while they are flagrantly breaking the law.

Edited by Californikan