• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Speed limit to officially increase to 120km/h and an introduction of a Rs.2,500 towing charge for breakdowns

http://www.thesunday...creased-to-120/

The article says "The Transport Ministry is considering requests to increase the maximum speed limit on the Southern Expressway to 120 kmph" . Don't think it has been increased 'officially'.

So.... I see you have been missing me over the week end, :) sorry but I usually spend my week ends a bit more productively than sit in front of a computer.....

Wasn't driving the B4, although it was a V6,.. but don't worry its noting fancy as compared to your Italian V6,,, designed by ..... errr.... whats his name again ? Is he dead or still living btw ?... wait let me check it on Wiki,..... yes.. here it is Engine was designed in 1970, and the guy is dead..... :)

But you were still able to take down an Allion and a EK3.... wow.... super stuff man.. Bravo !!!

What does anything have to do with engine manufacture date or who designed it.Or is it cos its old?What do you have against old cars eh?Do you not realize that some members' old cars are worth three or four times as your precious B4?...Are you that stupid?

I stopped ridiculing your Subaru cos I really did feel sorry for you,Yes IT IS quite sad and pathetic what you let happen to that car...but I have no problem in starting again unless you get off your high horse. ;)

Edited by MasterDon

So.... I see you have been missing me over the week end, :) sorry but I usually spend my week ends a bit more productively than sit in front of a computer.....

Wasn't driving the B4, although it was a V6,.. but don't worry its noting fancy as compared to your Italian V6,,, designed by ..... errr.... whats his name again ? Is he dead or still living btw ?... wait let me check it on Wiki,..... yes.. here it is Engine was designed in 1970, and the guy is dead..... :)

But you were still able to take down an Allion and a EK3.... wow.... super stuff man.. Bravo !!!

Its Giuseppe Busso machang, yes, he created one of the finest V6s around. Long after your car has gone psshhhttt pshhhtt with its bent chassis and faulty turbos, leaky engine and God knows what else, some of these V6s will be still running.

I was on E01 yesterday for the very first time on my March K11 (2000, Auto) and got all excited and gradually increased my speed up to 110-120kmph and was driving at that speed for like 5-10mins I assume. This is the first time I have driven it at that speed, as I have only driven it for day to day use, hitting max speed of 80kmph.

The thrill didn't last for long since I had to pull over when I saw the level rising on the temperature gauge up to around 85%. I popped the hood and saw the coolant has over flown from the coolant reservoir bottle. After letting it cool down a bit I refilled the radiator with water and started my journey but did only around 80kmph max and all was good and it didn't heat up on my way back, on E01.

I drove today at normal speed and no heating up as such.. When I bought the car a year back, there were heating up issues, and I have fixed them by installing a reconditioned radiator due to a cracked tank. There was no thermostat at that time, and one was put about 9 months ago. Fans are working, I checked them yesterday too..

Can some one explain why it happens only at high speeds? Will help me a great deal in to find the right place for the job.. I don't want to take the car to the garage straight away coz they will come up with all sorts of debugging techniques including removing thermostat, cleaning up the radiator etc which I need to pay without finding the problem, which happened to me last time..

The other thing I noticed while driving on E01 yesterday was, there were at least 3 vehicles stopped with popped hoods, including a new Hilux. I assume they were stopped with over heating issues as well. Is this a common thing on a highway?

Get your radiator flushed, and check for leaks also make sure you fill water/coolant only up to the marked level on the reservoir. Also check your belts as the water pump and the pulley.

At high speeds engines are working harder, some more than others and heating is expected but the cooling system should be able to handle it.

Why the other vehicles were on the roads? Could be many reasons. Diesels, especially older diesels with faulty c0olling systems do overheat at sustained high speeds.

Edited by VVTi

What does anything have to do with engine manufacture date or who designed it.Or is it cos its old?What do you have against old cars eh?Do you not realize that some members' old cars are worth three or four times as your precious B4?...Are you that stupid?

I stopped ridiculing your Subaru cos I really did feel sorry for you,Yes IT IS quite sad and pathetic what you let happen to that car...but I have no problem in starting again unless you get off your high horse. ;)

MD, did you notice how our friend thinks his B4 has a V6? :) I am sure the previous owner of the b4 was one smart cookie and saw a sucker a mile away... :) CarbonB4 reminds of the blind kid in Dumb And Dumber who gets his dead parakeet taped up... ;)

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/39744_o.gif

Wasn't driving the B4, although it was a V6,.. but don't worry its noting fancy as compared to your Italian V6,,, designed by ..... errr.... whats his name again ?
Edited by VVTi
  • Like 3

Get your radiator flushed, and check for leaks also make sure you fill water/coolant only up to the marked level on the reservoir. Also check your belts as the water pump and the pulley.

At high speeds engines are working harder, some more than others and heating is expected but the cooling system should be able to handle it.

Why the other vehicles were on the roads? Could be many reasons. Diesels, especially older diesels with faulty c0olling systems do overheat at sustained high speeds.

Thanks VVTi.. Will have it checked.. I think I'm a culprit for over filling the reservoir and not maintaining the coolant-water ratio..

Also check your Pressure cap. if its damageded or spring has too much rust, rubber seal is broken, similar problems can occur.

Thanks VVTi.. Will have it checked.. I think I'm a culprit for over filling the reservoir and not maintaining the coolant-water ratio..

coolant/water ratio doesn't really matter and your engine wont heat up simply because of that

MD, did you notice how our friend thinks his B4 has a V6? :) I am sure the previous owner of the b4 was one smart cookie and saw a sucker a mile away... :) CarbonB4 reminds of the blind kid in Dumb And Dumber who gets his dead parakeet taped up... ;)

http://gifsoup.com/w...ifs/39744_o.gif

Wonder if the pistons are Vertical on this car... :mosking:

Edited by Bugatti

http://gifsoup.com/w...ifs/39744_o.gif

Interesting, a boxer v6 :lol:

You three need to sit down and have a beer or summin. Maybe you'll like each other in real life. And stop fighting on the forum.

You know Peri,... they say three is a crowd , and I really would not want to intrude on the nice couple :)

But seriously.... what has happen to this forum ? and where are the guys like DevindaZ, and a few other " decent" blokes who were on this site. Anyway I really don't want to fight with anyone, but when I guy thinks his no end of himself u need to give them a reality check once in a while.... :) some guys cannot handle the truth.

MD, did you notice how our friend thinks his B4 has a V6? :)

"Oh... Oh ... Master Don, did you notice this ..?" ....sounds soooo. gay my friend :) . And very mature of you to just mix up my words.... what I was trying to say was "I wasn't driving the B4, but another vehicle with a V6 engine."

• Like 1

You know Peri,... they say three is a crowd , and I really would not want to intrude on the nice couple :)

But seriously.... what has happen to this forum ? and where are the guys like DevindaZ, and a few other " decent" blokes who were on this site. Anyway I really don't want to fight with anyone, but when I guy thinks his no end of himself u need to give them a reality check once in a while.... :) some guys cannot handle the truth.

"Oh... Oh ... Master Don, did you notice this ..?" ....sounds soooo. gay my friend :) . And very mature of you to just mix up my words.... what I was trying to say was "I wasn't driving the B4, but another vehicle with a V6 engine."

Dear God! You are such a cry baby... running to Peri and begging him to bring the 'old days' back... :)

BTW, does gay people offend you? As do the people from lower stratas of society? Like those 'village people' who goes sight seeing on the E01? What would you like to do to them? Burn them?

Why? your B4 is not good enough to be on the E01? Or will it fall apart or will you find it difficult to keep it in a straight line? Or all of them?

BTW, does gay people offend you? As do the people from lower stratas of society? Like those 'village people' who goes sight seeing on the E01? What would you like to do to them? Burn them?

Why? your B4 is not good enough to be on the E01? Or will it fall apart or will you find it difficult to keep it in a straight line? Or all of them?

Machang..... now seriously look at yourself. How old are u ? almost going to hit the norty forties but u still want to act childish.....

You are the guy who called all the Porsche Cayenne Hybrid owners cheapskates, in the Hybrid thread.... but can I just ask u how much YOU paid for that Alfa ? ouch...... I know it hurts when reality bites you in the as* . When u point a finger at someone .. remember there are 3 fingers pointing right back at you my friend....

Btw don't have anything against gay people, but I just hate arrogant bast*rds weather they are gay,transgender, straight or bi-sexual.....

• Like 1

Machang..... now seriously look at yourself. How old are u ? almost going to hit the norty forties but u still want to act childish.....

You are the guy who called all the Porsche Cayenne Hybrid owners cheapskates, in the Hybrid thread.... but can I just ask u how much YOU paid for that Alfa ? ouch...... I know it hurts when reality bites you in the as* . When u point a finger at someone .. remember there are 3 fingers pointing right back at you my friend....

Btw don't have anything against gay people, but I just hate arrogant bast*rds weather they are gay,transgender, straight or bi-sexual.....

Not yet in my forties... :) Yet still naughty... :)

I bought the Alfa for a grand total of 900K and then spent about another 400K.... :) Thats a lot of car for that kind of money.

How much did you spent on that bent B4 of yours? Thats a BIG OUCH, considering the state your car is in... :)

Regarding the Porsche Hybrid buyers, Yes I did call them cheapskates, because they suddenly wanted to buy them due to the tax drop.

I dont hate machang.. hating takes away more from you.

But considering how you seems to be getting slightly upset nand getting all nasal and whiney, I think I will draw a line here... :) Don't want you bursting a vein or something. Or worst still, crying on line.

But you can keep on hating'... :)

Edited by VVTi

At least you are quite honest.... Rs 900k is quite cheap. Since you ask I paid Rs 2.2 Mn for the car, almost 4 years ago

Getting back to the express way ..... I noticed there are no stray dogs and the fence was done up very well. Even small opening in the fence was blocked by stones and stuff. So it seems like the authorities have taken some action on this.

coolant/water ratio doesn't really matter and your engine wont heat up simply because of that

I was under the impression that when there is more water it will boil more.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Can you'll suggest me a good place to check on this issue without breaking forum rules.. I even took it to 'the agents' and they keep coming with the usual bullshit which I'm sure wont solve the problem since the car doesn't heat up in usual conditions..

Thanks..