• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

1,942 answers to this question

Hopefully they won't let any viking buses to operate this service !

If they let the big buses in just as well abandon all hopes of 'expressway'!

Anyways, what's it gonna be : Matara - Kottawa 1 1/4 hours, Kottawa - Colombo 2 hrs! ;)

saw this ? :blink:

public transport service with a speed of 100Km/h

http://www.dailymirror.lk/top-story/10343-faster-journey.html

What the heck is the point of a bloody highway if there are buses hogging up the lanes <_<

Our dumbass ministers need to get out of their chair once in a while and let their brains breathe. You know the ones they are sitting on :rolleyes:

• Like 1

what is your problem of having public transport buses, if the 100Km/h speed is maintained

the highway is for everyone who wants to south quickly but with an additional fee, not just for ppl with cars

Its meant to be a f**king TOLL ROAD!!! And heavy vehicles means the road gets damaged a lot faster.

I hope this asswipe is just trying to get his name in the news. Its already a poor damn excuse for a highway with just two lanes.

what is your problem of having public transport buses, if the 100Km/h speed is maintained

the highway is for everyone who wants to south quickly but with an additional fee, not just for ppl with cars

and do you know how our bus drivers behave on roads?

Its meant to be a f**king TOLL ROAD!!! And heavy vehicles means the road gets damaged a lot faster.

I hope this asswipe is just trying to get his name in the news. Its already a poor damn excuse for a highway with just two lanes.

i know its a toll road, but public transportation is essential for this highway to be effective

similar public transportation systems exists in th region so why not here

the countries demographics and economics mean that we wont be able to afford a public highway and toll road for the same destination

its quite elitist to think that just since its toll road road, individuals without motor vehicles should not have the privilege of this convenience

so why don't you wait for it to be properly implemented, lets see what happens later this year

maybe what you are saying is right, but its too early to say anything since the highway isn't even open yet

i know its a toll road, but public transportation is essential for this highway to be effective

the countries demographics and economics mean that we wont be able to afford a public highway and toll road for the same destination

its quite elitist to think that just since its toll road road, individuals without motor vehicles should not have the privilege of this convenience

so why don't you wait for it to be properly implemented, lets see what happens later this year

maybe what you are saying is right, but its too early to say anything since the highway isn't even open yet

Thats what we said when this was proposed.

And public transport is NOT essential for this highway to be effective. Why the heck would it be? Do you think govt buses are gonna pay the toll fee to go on this road?

This isn't the US, you should know that half the morons on the road are only driving coz examiners only pass people for licenses when they get a payoff, not coz they are competent drivers. Specially at speeds approaching 100. And have you seen the pics? Do they look like they are straight? There are plenty of bumps and dips and bends on it. And these vehicles do not slow down easy or accelerate easy at high speeds.

As for your elitist theories, where did you get that from? Buses are unsuitable. So is my dads 4DR5, so if I find myself traveling south in that, I'll take the Galle Road. That is a private motor vehicle that should not have access to the highway too. And neither should motorbikes and three-wheelers, which can be private vehicles too.

This thing is already falling apart in places, and its not even open yet. Have huge, heavy buses doing 100 on it? Think about it!

Edited by Pericles

Dude, the biggest menace on our roads, are the buses driven by maniacs. This hasn't been helped by our private bus industry which concentrates on profit over safety. They are already a big menace on the standard road at much more regular speeds of about 50-60KMPH. Just imagine these things travelling and weaving between lanes at 100KMPH.

I am not opposed in principle of the idea of allowing public transport on motorways. I am concerned of the safety implications of allowing public transport vehicles with very little safety for its occupants and other road users alike, travelling consistently at such high speeds. It has the potential to end very badly for many people ....

If we're going to have buses in the motorway, there should not be any bus stops, and the buses must be newer and equipped with seat belts for its occupants.

Dude, the biggest menace on our roads, are the buses driven by maniacs. This hasn't been helped by our private bus industry which concentrates on profit over safety. They are already a big menace on the standard road at much more regular speeds of about 50-60KMPH. Just imagine these things travelling and weaving between lanes at 100KMPH.

I am not opposed in principle of the idea of allowing public transport on motorways. I am concerned of the safety implications of allowing public transport vehicles with very little safety for its occupants and other road users alike, travelling consistently at such high speeds. It has the potential to end very badly for many people ....

If we're going to have buses in the motorway, there should not be any bus stops, and the buses must be newer and equipped with seat belts for its occupants.

a very sensible opinion...

Also adding to what peri and Don said, when traveling in a motorways at 100knph the distance for a normal car to come to a standstill would be 127m according to this

http://www.csgnetwork.com/stopdistcalc.html

Imagine being hit in the back at that speeds, and we all know the sudden urges these bus drivers get when they see another bus ahead of them.Imagine the situation one would face if one of these actually cuts into your lane to overtake another bus, you wont have much time to react.

Imagine being hit in the back at that speeds, and we all know the sudden urges these bus drivers get when they see another bus ahead of them.Imagine the situation one would face if one of these actually cuts into your lane to overtake another bus, you wont have much time to react.

Solution: a mounted .50 caliber plus a crazy friend with an itchy trigger finger! :D

Big buses trying to do 100kmh and a two lane 'expressway' - this does not sound right at all.

We might as well be talking about the Gall Road Bamba - Kolpettly stretch, at least that is straight! :angry-smiley-024: