• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

no offense any one..but which heartless moron would say "yes" 2 dis? what about all thalagoyas then? kill them too?

i knew this would happen.. because our buggers cant see further than their noses.. this problem should have been foreseen when the damn road was being built not when its open...

its not going to solve the problem bro.. dogs breed frequently... this is the problem with us.. we dont find a solution we just put plasters..

The dog menace on E01 is somewhat reduced now, How you may ask, Fled to peaceful habitat and got killed by speeding vehicles.If you have used the E01 , you can count the number of dead dogs.

Many vehicles got damaged and fortunately no casualties except for the cattle incident ,cost a driver two broken arms and multiple cuts. there could be an incident very soon pray for otherwise. Fences nets will take many months to lay and billions of rupees. Distance to Pinnaduwa is 97kms and thats nearly a 200km long fence. The lowest quotation received for this emergency project was from Shanghai Aojie wire mesh company, and thats US$ 7.65 a meter.No funds could be found for the project. Dog menace will be over naturally within the next few months but need to plaster the problem temporary before the next expressway catastrophe caused by stray dogs.

MINIACE

I dunno the religious or the moral aspect of it,but stray dog,crow,pigeon etc population control through execution has been around for a long time,even in Sri Lanka..and it does work.As miniace pointed out the alternative is a very costly affair specially for a country like ours.I'd rather they they spend my tax rupees for something more productive.

No offence to animal lovers.

• Like 2

I wonder if the victim of the cattle incident (apparently a somebody with some clout in the pvt sector), would chose to sue the authorities managing E01, given that it's a paid transaction and the assumptions involved with it? Or is there a disclaimer built in to the gazette notification and/or the entry pass (did not see one ..).

Just a random thought that entered my head when I was thinking what would motivate those same authorities to make it a safer place. :)

I'm not sure if you guys are referring to an additional fence system, but yesterday while travelling to Galle there was continuous fencing all the way to Pinnaduwa, in green and orange. The dogs I believe circumvent the fences by crawling through the many drainage ditches that line the roads, which are probably not blocked off by any kind of grating due to the additional maintenance required.

On a another note, saw a red X1 with a blown rear tire, and came across quite a few places on the road with tire debris. And at least 3 cars were stopped along the way to see the sights. Made it to Pinnaduwa in about 45 minutes travelling at roughly 120-140km/h. Police weren't that bothered, passed 3 speed guns on the way. I think they are on the watch out mostly for reckless drivers.

Edited by terrabytetango

I have gone E01 twice with two cars one micro trend petrol consumption was 16Km/l max speed i have done 130 km rpm 3500

another one corolla 121 max speed 140 rpm 2500.petrol consumption 15Km/l ,Both average speed was 115km/h,but i have noticed engine rpm high in micro trend (1075cc)is this ok or any thing wrong with trend rpm. need advice please

I have gone E01 twice with two cars one micro trend petrol consumption was 16Km/l max speed i have done 130 km rpm 3500

another one corolla 121 max speed 140 rpm 2500.petrol consumption 15Km/l ,Both average speed was 115km/h,but i have noticed engine rpm high in micro trend (1075cc)is this ok or any thing wrong with trend rpm. need advice please

Obvious, the Trend engine need more rpm to deliver the required power to take the car at that speed. Mind you, ground resistance and air resistance has to be overcome. Above 70kmph, air resistance is extremely significant.

Probably the aerodynamics of the Toyota may be better too.

• Like 1

Poor guy would have had a tantrum, given the fact that the X1 does not come with a spare wheel. So much for Run-flats!

Considering the average IQ of those who buy the X1 these days, I am not suprised that they took the 'run flat' option for just that. Run flat... :)

Run flats are there to get you home or workshop at a safe speed only upto a certain range. Also you will be surprised at the number of people who NEVER check their tyre pressures.

• Like 2

There is. Kill the humans that will steal sections of the wire fence for their own use,

How about if they electrify it... :) Or mine the ground around the E01... :) Since we have millions of unused battas lying around. We might as well put them in to good use, courtesy of the Tamil Diaspora... :) Something good will come out of their terror funds, finally.

How about if they electrify it... :) Or mine the ground around the E01... :) Since we have millions of unused battas lying around. We might as well put them in to good use, courtesy of the Tamil Diaspora... :) Something good will come out of their terror funds, finally.

They steal the electric and phone wires in Nuwara Eliya to set their poaching traps for wildboar. I'm sure the'll figure a way around a fence.

Besides, running a 200km electric fence would use a LOT of power. And SL is short on power generation as it is.

• Like 1

I dunno the religious or the moral aspect of it,but stray dog,crow,pigeon etc population control through execution has been around for a long time,even in Sri Lanka..and it does work.As miniace pointed out the alternative is a very costly affair specially for a country like ours.I'd rather they they spend my tax rupees for something more productive.

No offence to animal lovers.

This is the same justification given by Hitler when he killed off the Jews... they were gassed as it was too costly and time consuming to put a bullet through their heads... bet he also said " no offence to Jews..... "

• Like 3

I came to colombo from galle this morning. At the entrance, there were 2 notable things.

1- a police officer standing by the ticket counter asking people to buckle up. The car I was in a 64- didnt have a working seat belt for the driver, but the officer was nice enough to tell us that they were told to allow only vehicles with belts on the E1, and did allow us on it with a piece of advice to drive carefully.

2- There's been a major accident last night. A white 1st gen montero had rolled about 4-5 km away from galle. And wen i say rolled i mean rolled and rolled and rolled. It was towed to the galle exit when we were entering. And I noticed that the highway crew were actually washing up and cleaning the highway where the accident had occurred. I was quite impressed I must say.

This is the same justification given by Hitler when he killed off the Jews... they were gassed as it was too costly and time consuming to put a bullet through their heads... bet he also said " no offence to Jews..... "

STFU noob! Take your politically correct bullshit elsewhere.You'd let the government build a fence costing millions just to keep some effin dogs out while half the country is starving?And let some poor bastard roll his corrolla and kill his family just cos he tried to avoid hitting a dog?,..now who sounds like Hitler eh?...dumbass!

Who the hell are you anyways? 200 posts and i can't remember anything worthwhile.Are you one of those people who thinks you know everything just coz you own a legacy?...well sorry to break it to you but,dude that's a bit of nothing car...no offence.:)

• Like 2