• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Yes I have seen...today took a picture from the sky :) .will upload that soon..

MINIACE

Mini, you just say the most awesomely coolest stuff... :)

here we are talking about 'flying' down the E01 in our little Diesel SB14s and Carinas and Vanettes and what not and you drop that 'I took a pic from the sky' on us so casually... ;)

Mini, you just say the most awesomely coolest stuff...

here we are talking about 'flying' down the E01 in our little Diesel SB14s and Carinas and Vanettes and what not and you drop that 'I took a pic from the sky' on us so casually... ;)

He he thats just me mate! :)

MINIACE

Two white vanetts? Or the same Vanette pic taken from other way around..? :blink:

Anyways, there are Vanetts on the express way.. roaaring away..! yay..!

oh damn, too many a drinks today.. being a friday..

I need sleep.. :sleeping-smiley-008:

Finally some good news

No more barking on Southern Expressway

(Colombo-Lankapuvath) The Road Development Authority is now in the process of removing the stray dogs loitering on the Southern expressway, Head of the Road Development Authority, Ranjith Premasiri told Lankapuvath.

The places where dogs are creeping to the road would be blocked and a special team of officers were deployed to monitor the process, he added.

Nearly 10,000 to 11,000 vehicles enter to the Southern Expressway daily.

http://www.lankapuvath.lk/index.php/latest-news/general1/20496-no-more-barking-on-southern-expressway

MINIACE

Cant we like give these two morons in the van an award or something? After all, they managed to achieve a first.

How 'bout "Deshamanya Aascharya Mahamaargaye Kudupattang Visharadha" or sumptin like that ?

of course, we can simply give them both a Doctorate too. That's what Doctorates are for aren't they?

how about a darwin award?? fits the bill perfectly

Some of the comments made on that fourum is just hilarious.... and these are the type of guys who will travel on this

Those guys r seriously a bunch of morons....... every time i read a thread on there i crack up for the stupid stuff they say

and yes the Vanette has every disadvantage that it is better not be on E01.

why is that? :speechless-smiley-019:

I've heard that Nissan serena engines are designed to run continues long trips, like in a highway not for stop and go traffic. Is there any truth behind this?

Thanks Miniace,

and yes the Vanette has every disadvantage that it is better not be on E01.

I dont think so mate. If you have maintained the van properly, thats not a problem. Lot of people are worried about running 100 on E01, Te reality is 100 is the max speed I have seen the majority is maintaining a speed around 80 and thats really healthy for the vehicle and people inside too. lot of people are forgetting the fact that 100km/h is max :) .So take your Vanette on a E01 ride and enjoy the true southern beauty minus the sea view.

MINIACE

Yes I have seen...today took a picture from the sky :) .will upload that soon..

MINIACE

OT, saw a chopper in some of the Redbull Air Show pics. Was that you? Who flew the camera for the shots near Sigiriya?

post-284-0-49022700-1323524066_thumb.jpg

post-284-0-82213400-1323524072_thumb.jpg

Edited by madmax

why is that? :speechless-smiley-019:

I've heard that Nissan serena engines are designed to run continues long trips, like in a highway not for stop and go traffic. Is there any truth behind this?

I dont know if it is designed to be like that, but its true that on long runs vanette/serena engine keeps relatively cool . May be because the good airflow. On the other hand when its moving on slow traffic or stationary , the temp starts to go up quickly , specially with AC turned on!

In my van I have fitted an additional fan to the radiator to control this situation.

The main reason I said vanettes better keep off express ways is its weak thin metal body.

and its lighter rear has very little traction. So an emergency braking will result in skidding.

Edited by Cyclist