• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

I strongly believe that the process of getting a driving/riding should be made a lot harder than it currently is. It should start with

1- A set lesson plan to be followed at driving schools.

2- Pre-test by the driving school

3- Much MUCH mucch stricter test.

4- Very high application fee for repeat-applicants (who failed the test the first time)

5- Driving schools given a license to train drivers, and extension of the same assessed based on the students' pass rates. (to make sure schools dont just pass people at step 2)

At the very least, it's time for people to actually take and pass the driving exam instead of just paying the bribe.

Actually guys AFAIK standards have improved a lot, one of my friends found out the hard way.

Now driving schools are not allowed to submit entries, the applicants themselves must go and stand in line to submit.The test is the same you know the drive, over take and reverse at 90 but apparently its much tougher to pass now (dunno the validity of this though, just what i heard). Ohh and now people cant create their own L broads home made L boards are considered illegal now, after submitting they give you an L board and you have to drive with this for a validation period.

So technically now the only purpose of driving schools is to teach how to drive, all other aspects have been stripped of them which i think is a good thing.

Nope licked it as soon as i turned it on, so nothing happened to me either.

Dude, you're just pushing your foot deeper and deeper into your own rear end. Imagine you're 'testing the width of the shoulder' and your reaching a peak of a small hill and right after the peak, there's a nice white kyron driver who's parked and taking scenery photos. and dumbass#1 runs right into the real of dumbass#2. If you still dont see my point or foresee any of the many many other possible dangers of what you did, your certainly too mentally handicapped to be driving.

My feet are on my coffee table right now, I assure you. And I did imagine driving over a crest and rear ending a large white SUV. Not pretty. But since there was neither a hill nor a large white SUV parked in the shoulder on the stretch I conducted my test on, I had nothing to worry about. And thank you for caring for about my well being and that of any potential victim in your hypothsis. I am touched.

Actually guys AFAIK standards have improved a lot, one of my friends found out the hard way.

Now driving schools are not allowed to submit entries, the applicants themselves must go and stand in line to submit.The test is the same you know the drive, over take and reverse at 90 but apparently its much tougher to pass now (dunno the validity of this though, just what i heard). Ohh and now people cant create their own L broads home made L boards are considered illegal now, after submitting they give you an L board and you have to drive with this for a validation period.

So technically now the only purpose of driving schools is to teach how to drive, all other aspects have been stripped of them which i think is a good thing.

Thanx machan didnt know that, any idea about the cost for an L board?

That's cause the examiners have been working out. :box2:

Thanx machan didnt know that, any idea about the cost for an L board?

I think its given free of charge, ill check up on this and let you guys know.

That's cause the examiners have been working out. :box2:

:sport-smiley-003:

I have seen people with licences who cant even drive. Mostly ladies. So this new method will help with the newcomers. But god bless the existing morons out there who cant drive & have licence

P.S. I forgot to add that every single driver I saw on the road adhered to the rules, driving in the left hand lane only, even the vans. The only exception was a 2011 red 6 series convertible that whizzed past at roughly around 140-150.

Wait a sec... hold the phone...

There's a 2011 6 series here? :speechless-smiley-003:

Wait a sec... hold the phone...

There's a 2011 6 series here? :speechless-smiley-003:

It was a convertible, and I'm pretty sure I saw the BMW emblem on the boot lid. The car appeared to be too large for a 3 series, and the rear light clusters looked very similar to what google has of the 2011 6 series. But of course I could be wrong since visibility wasn't optimal as it was dark and raining and like Buddhika's 'nona' said "ko light nahane".

• Like 1

There is more than one 2011 6 series in the country.

Damn ... I'm yet to see one as well- not the convertible but a coupe (as advertised these days in India).

Really love that car.

Whatever said and done, this express way IS a great learning curve for sri lankan motorists. It has created a lot of awareness and discussions in laws and driving etiquette. now the average moron at least knows he is doing something wrong. Thumbs up to the highway

• Like 5

Took a drive on E01 in a Toyota Vios. Kottawa - Dodangoda and back.

Slight rain in some areas. Road not smooth along few stretches.

Quite safe upto the speed limit with proper driving.

Saw quite a few recovery vehicles in action

A Corolla that had crashed on to something, A van that had been stopped, i don't know why, and a Maruti which I assumed to have developed engine trouble.

Took a drive on E01 in a Toyota Vios. Kottawa - Dodangoda and back.

Slight rain in some areas. Road not smooth along few stretches.

Quite safe upto the speed limit with proper driving.

Saw quite a few recovery vehicles in action

A Corolla that had crashed on to something, A van that had been stopped, i don't know why, and a Maruti which I assumed to have developed engine trouble.

Which stretches machan? I've only been up to Gelanigama and the road was smooth all the way.

k donno weather you guys know about this or not

(didnt read all the previous posts)

our CEO met with an accident on the express way, he crashed into a stationed cow in the middle of the road.

he broke his hands and the vehicle had nearly 1M worth damage.

Which stretches machan? I've only been up to Gelanigama and the road was smooth all the way.

i think its after that upto dodangoda. short stretches though. i think the road was patched at those places and one gets the 'taka taka' feeling similar to when going over the flyovers here.

our CEO met with an accident on the express way, he crashed into a stationed cow in the middle of the road.

a cow?? how did that manage to get there?

i spotted one dog while returning from dodangoda. good thing it was going away from the road. other than that a few birdies (crows i guess) were on the road inspecting but flew off. birds will fly off but would be dangerous if a kind heart person thinks that they wont fly away :)

Oh god this is scary stuff.Thanks to your CEO its 'Absolutely free beef' time to villagers..right :lol: .

MINIACE