• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

19 minutes ago, Magnum said:

How do you get those ETC device? Does the Japanese ones work in SL? 

no they issue you a card when you sign up. That card should be stuck on the windshield (they do that for you). Japanese ETC won't work.

So I was surprised by some of the things I saw in the image below.

5a866b8dcb1ce_expresswaymap.thumb.jpg.480b16f9f803d43bc20809a13c780d41.jpg

Although I was aware of all the extensions that were happening to the southern, outer circular and central expressways, I was unaware that there was a project going on to link Port City to Rajagiriya and then Athurugiriya (E08). According to RDA, the project is called "Port Access Elevated Highway" and is due to complete in 2020 

Edited by The Don
Facebook link
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2018 at 11:14 AM, Davy said:

Although I was aware of all the extensions that were happening to the southern, outer circular and central expressways, I was unaware that there was a project going on to link Port City to Rajagiriya and then Athurugiriya (E08). According to RDA, the project is called "Port Access Elevated Highway" and is due to complete in 2020 

Presently constructions of the Kurunegala interchange is underway. Which is located behind P&S in the Kandy-Kurunegala road just after Kurunegala Station.  I visited the site twice and you can see a massive concrete bridge girder manufacturing yard too.  According to the engineers at site, current allocations are only up to the Muttetugala Station in Colombo-Dambulls road.   They have started constructions  between Pothuhera and Kurungeala stretch also. Google Satellite images have not been updated since the start of constructions, otherwise could get a better idea.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ShintaroX said:

The Marine Drive what??

Tunnel. :) They've proposed an extension of Marine Drive from Kollupitiya to Port City where the road will go underground (both land and sea apparently) and resurface at Port City to be linked to the Port Access Elevated Highway. This has not been confirmed yet though, but we will know for sure soon. 

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Underground-sea-road-Study-to-be-completed-by-March--142997.html

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 7:19 AM, Davy said:

Tunnel. :) They've proposed an extension of Marine Drive from Kollupitiya to Port City where the road will go underground (both land and sea apparently) and resurface at Port City to be linked to the Port Access Elevated Highway. This has not been confirmed yet though, but we will know for sure soon. 

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Underground-sea-road-Study-to-be-completed-by-March--142997.html

Now this is intriguing. Bypassing the Temple Trees bit is huge. 

On 2/28/2018 at 3:32 PM, Pericles said:

Now this is intriguing. Bypassing the Temple Trees bit is huge. 

Slightly OT but still .. they've cleared the above ground area from Colpetty station to behind St. Thomas Prep. I guess the plan is to go underground from somewhere around there. They have to go over or under the railway track at this point anyway.

Edited by vishkid

On 2/16/2018 at 11:14 AM, Davy said:

There were Tendering for subcontract works of the Port Access Elevated Highway back in early 2017. Apparently the project have been handed over to a Japanese firm. However, no development of the works is heard afterwards. Maybe the project is shelved for the time being. 

As far as the plans are concerned the route was designed to go over the existing New Kelani bridge and bypass the Orugodawatta area towards the Port City entrance near Presidential secretariat. 

On 6/16/2018 at 3:38 PM, Sampath Gunasekera said:

New Kelani Bridge Project (with visual)

Interesting

On 3/2/2018 at 1:50 PM, BuBi said:

It is a major crime not putting a entrance to the Outer circular highway stretch between Kadawatha-Kerawalapitiya from the Negombo road at Welisara. 

Well, that land on either side of the road there is pretty high priced, govt having to compensate people would probably have to pay a huge amount. Probably the same reason there isn't an exit where E03 runs under the main Negombo road near Bangalawatta. Would have made life much easier for me personally, that would run practically into my wife's office, making picking her up and dropping her off so much easier. 

• Like 1

Captured  today 7.00am.

Many huge concrete beams were produced at construction site at Kadawatha - Ganemulla road in last few months .
Now part of them transfer one by one to use at Kadawatha exit , outer circular expressway. (To connect Airport Expressway with Southern Expressway)

final - Copy.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, Pericles said:

Interesting

Well, that land on either side of the road there is pretty high priced, govt having to compensate people would probably have to pay a huge amount. Probably the same reason there isn't an exit where E03 runs under the main Negombo road near Bangalawatta. Would have made life much easier for me personally, that would run practically into my wife's office, making picking her up and dropping her off so much easier. 

The thing is that they have already acquired the required lands on either side of the road. I don't see why they do not put an exit there. That would have been the saner and wiser thing to do rather than bottleneck the Kerawalapitiya road. They just need to put 4 in/exit ramps and toll booths.