• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

If you are coming from Matara to Colombo you can use the newly built but uncompleted part of the E01 from Matara to Galle. Last week I entered E01 near Weligama - Thelijjawila road overhead bridge and came to Galle in less than 30 minutes. You can come out through a service access just before E01 crosses Galle - Imaduwa road. Take extreme care, however, for along certain stretches the road becomes a single carriage way while the final touches are still going on and even a few motorcyclists seems to be enjoying the expressway. As I was told by the people in the area, you could go from Matara to Galle but not the other way because police sometime may either charge you or prevent you from going further if you try to enter from the Galle side. Having said all this I do not know if you are covered by your insurance just in case????

Edited by Rumesh88

Northern Expressway construction to begin next month:

business-300x39.jpg
Chinese firm to build Northern ExpresswayView(s):

State-owned China Merchant Group (CMG) is set to start construction work on the Northern Expressway next month, a top official of the company revealed.

The Northern Expressway is one of the largest infrastructure projects planned in Sri Lanka, starting from Colombo to Kurunegala and branching off to Kandy and Jaffna and Trincomalee.

The construction of the first 100 km of the Northern Expressway was awarded to two China Merchant group companies, China Merchant Holdings International (CMHI) and China Merchant Huajin, said Dr. Hu Jianhua, Assistant President of CMG and Managing Director of CMHI.

The first phase of the project – from Enderamulla to Ambepussa – is expected to cost US$ 1 billion (Rs. 130 billion) and would be completed with financial facilities from China Development Bank.

The second phase is from Meerigama to Pellandeniya (Kurunegala) and the third from Pellendeniya to Dambulla. The other phases would include connecting the expressway to the A9 road to Jaffna from Dambulla.

The main aim of the project is to build a better transport network in the Northern and Eastern Provinces, meeting the needs of expected industrial development and demographic growth in the corridor and handling traffic at an adequate level of service.SMEC International (Pvt) Ltd has carried out a feasibility study and environmental impact assessments for the project, the ground surveying and geo-technical investigation have been completed, Dr. Hu disclosed.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/131117/business-times/chinese-firm-to-build-northern-expressway-73460.html

i"ll come to colombo every week! :D

I'll come to kandy every other week! No but seriously you have no idea how much that would benefit me. Pera campus conducts one of the best preparation pr ograms for my MD. I really wish I could go for it but the time spent in transit is better spent studying men. 3 hours one way no? And then too tired to lift a book even...

I'll come to kandy every other week! No but seriously you have no idea how much that would benefit me. Pera campus conducts one of the best preparation pr ograms for my MD. I really wish I could go for it but the time spent in transit is better spent studying men. 3 hours one way no? And then too tired to lift a book even...

What about taking the train? You can take one of the comfier carriages and study on the way or something? Of course then you'd have to use a tuk or something in Kandy but still...

What about taking the train? You can take one of the comfier carriages and study on the way or something? Of course then you'd have to use a tuk or something in Kandy but still...

Im not very sure but i think the train you're referring to is only available 2 days a week

Train is viable but classes start at 8am so either have to go Friday night or bus it at 4am sat. Not pleasant. Would loved to have just got on the och-->gampaha--> kandy men. What a delightful drive that would be!

That would be delightful indeed, hope that it'll be a reality soon.

Its highly unlikely that prices will go down, but probably go further up quoting things like xx Km's to highway entrance :sport-smiley-004:
I don't think so.Congestion in the City is higher than ever.Apartment prices are still on the rise but the house and land prices have come down.

Think about it this way, Theres a large number of people living in colombo because their business or workplace is based there. If they could quickly commute between there hometown and colombo they wouldnt need a house or apartment there, thus they would start selling their present house/apartments or would stop buying here after.

Think about it this way, Theres a large number of people living in colombo because their business or workplace is based there. If they could quickly commute between there hometown and colombo they wouldnt need a house or apartment there, thus they would start selling their present house/apartments or would stop buying here after.

I wouldn't think twice and move back to Kandy. Have a house there which I can live much more peacefully than I do in colombo. The rent I pay and the fuel expenditure spent in colombo put together will be able to cover my commute from Kandy to Office in Dematagoda. Plus I start work around 6.am and off by 2.30pm so hope the traffic will be easy too.

However, i don't think it will have a major impact on real estate prices. May be a short term dip in the city and the closer suburbs triggered by people moving away from the city but as the city develops the demand will be higher. Prices in distant suburbs will go higher as mentioned quoting the distance to the expressway entry point.

Cheers,

K9M

However, i don't think it will have a major impact on real estate prices. May be a short term dip in the city and the closer suburbs triggered by people moving away from the city but as the city develops the demand will be higher. Prices in distant suburbs will go higher as mentioned quoting the distance to the expressway entry point.

Cheers,

K9M

True. We should not forget that the real estate prices are based mostly on speculation while rentals are more sensitive to real economic activity.

Members,

I don't think so.Congestion in the City is higher than ever.Apartment prices are still on the rise but the house and land prices have come down.

MasterDon.

I agree to your post. Lands have come down little. Later they will increase.

When three letters was elected on year 1977 the prices of lands as well as daily workers wages and all other goods were increased.

But they brought to new life to Sri Lanka.

Prices will go up in future.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.