• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Hey hey the Teg has it!! The manual version at least. I'm looking for the unit!! And baseline road extension plan has been re gazetted. It was removed because GoSL couldn't afford to compensate the lands. Guess they can now

Thanks for the info Komi. Yeah its no suprise that they have money now.

was on the expressway over the weekend and they had signs at the ticket counters saying 100KM/H is the maximum speed limit. The guy at the toll gate also told me that any faster than that, I'd be copped! So I maintained my speed of 100km/h the entire journey, in my 2.5 litre V6. Ironically, the guys who overtook me were in Nissan March's, Marutis and Viva Elite's! These are the guys who seem to be thrashing!

He he.. no wonder mate. I was overtaken by a Tata Nano while I was doing 100 kmph on the expressway. It took for me a couple of mins to settle down my mind.. :sad-smiley-066:

MPs play havoc on expressway

MONDAY, 16 SEPTEMBER 2013 23:12
emailButton.pngprintButton.png
Katunayeke-experssway-300.jpgTwo parliamentarians, who had tried to show their high-handedness on the Katunayake Expressway, were forced to withdraw following interventions by the security forces personnel.

The parliamentarians who entered the expressway violating the restrictions were from the Western and North Western provinces, sources said.

One MP had removed road barriers and entered the expressway, but after the police were alerted the moving vehicle was brought to a halt and sent back.

The other MP had entered his vehicle to the expressway insulting security officers and not heeding their orders. However his vehicle was also taken out of the expressway after security forces personnel intervened.

The Transport Ministry said this kind of irresponsible acts resulted in hampering the progress of work on the expressway which it hoped to complete swiftly. The ministry said nobody was permitted to use the expressway which is due to be declared open next month.

Source: http://www.dailymirror.lk/top-story/35518-mps-play-havoc-on-expressway.html

Both are my relatives

• Like 2

Hear in news that it is planned to complete the phase I of Nothern Express way by the end of 2016. Is it correct?

I saw in a news paper article that the Northan Expressway upto Jafna will be completed by 2017 and its under high priority development projects.

I saw in a news paper article that the Northan Expressway upto Jafna will be completed by 2017 and its under high priority development projects.

found it

According to the Finance Ministry Secretary the 1st phase will be completed at the end of 2016

http://www.ft.lk/2013/07/12/two-chinese-firms-get-first-stage-of-1-5-b-northern-expressway/

according to wikipedia E02 is CKE, E03 is outer circular highway and E04 is Colombo-kandy highway??

But Sunday Times reported it as E-03, Typical sri lankan journalists

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/130728/business-times/sri-lankas-newest-beauty-e03-the-katunayake-expressway-54045.html

Edited by Gona

There is another death on highway.

According to the news item one small child dies in the accidents.It sad in our country we dont use child seats or boaster sets to protect our children .

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/index.php/articles/171908

Poor kid.. may she rest in peace :sad-smiley-066: think this is the 1st accident in that highway that took a small child's life?

there are some hilarious comments about that dog in the 1st pic in that article.

Couple of months back I went on the Southern Expressway with my previous driver. The bugger did have this problem of not being able to drive straight because his steering adjustments were too rough. I think he used to drive a lorry or a van or something. Most drivers do not appreciate the need for continues and super fine steering adjustments at high speed. One of the reasons I won't allow my wify to drive on motorways. Combined with a vehicle unsuitable for high speed a receipt for dissaster.

I think in the future training to drive on expressway must be a part of the 'Driving test'.

By the way Reckless, looking at the photos now we can wake up 5 am for the 7 o'clock flight??

yeah probably we could. but I would still go a little early on the 1st run.

I feel proud and happy after seen those photos. Like to see all the Planned Express Ways completed soon. BTW when this CKE gonna be opened?

Yeah me too. Really like to see the progress of Kandy-Colombo expressway. CKE was earlier planed to open in September but now has changed to October

Katunayake Expressway to open in October

Katunayake_Expressway_to_open_in_OctoberThe Colombo Katunayake expressway will be opened in October. Katunayake Expressway Project Director, M.P.L.K.L. Gunaratne said the slight delay is due to the time taken to build the outward necessities. "The bulk of the work has been completed, That is to say that the infrastructure is complete.What is left is the road furnishing of the expressway. This includes the placing of the signs and planting of the trees," he told the Daily News Business.

Their aim is to complete the project before the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM)held in November. The Katunayake -Colombo Expressway will be the second E class expressway in Sri Lanka .

The expressway will be 25.8 km long and will be linked to the country's main airport the Bandaranaike International airport. The expressway will have three lanes each way from Colombo to Peliyagoda and two lanes each way from Peliyagoda to Katunayake. Meanwhile, the Southern Road Connectivity project had been granted a $ 75 million loan by the Asian Development Bank (ADB). According to the project description given to the ADB this project will improve the efficiency of road transport in the Southern region of Sri Lanka.

The description also said that The Road Project Preparatory Facility (RPPF) is being used to prepare the feasibility study and detail design for improvement of project roads.

The loan will help the hold ups incurred in the national road network in the southern region , including the Southern Province and the Western Province. The project will improve about 55 kilometers of key national highways providing access to the expressway network and will also prepare a long-term plan for expressway connectivity improvement.

Courtesy: Daily News

http://www.defence.lk/new.asp?fname=Katunayake_Expressway_to_open_in_October_20130927_02

by the way the photos look I hope that they have dealt with the stray dogs problem of E-03.

Other wise the dogs may be fortunate enough to get knocked by one of those Rolls Royces attending to CHOGM.