• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

There will be a huge issue in braking a high speed, would cause a car to go out of control, did an unlawful thing, as I recently drove a car over 200 km/h, on the southern highway and on a small bend wanting to slow down the stepped on the brake a little and I felt it was a bit out of control so I took the foot of the accelerator and took the bend, which worked out better, but some people would try to slam the brake, and thats when all goes wrong.

Sorry, but are you saying you were driving as normal, wanted to slow down and stepped on the brake, it didnt work and afterwards you took your foot off the accelerator? Does that mean you had your foot on the accelerator WHILE you were stepping on the brake too?

• Like 5

Sorry, but are you saying you were driving as normal, wanted to slow down and stepped on the brake, it didnt work and afterwards you took your foot off the accelerator? Does that mean you had your foot on the accelerator WHILE you were stepping on the brake too?

LMFAO

• Like 1

There will be a huge issue in braking a high speed, would cause a car to go out of control, did an unlawful thing, as I recently drove a car over 200 km/h, on the southern highway and on a small bend wanting to slow down the stepped on the brake a little and I felt it was a bit out of control so I took the foot of the accelerator and took the bend, which worked out better, but some people would try to slam the brake, and thats when all goes wrong.

Most of the owners of indian and Jap cars use asbestos (Worse) or asbestos free brake pads, as the give out less dust, but they are useless at high speeds and for that reason they are banned in Europe.

Well, it all depends on the car too...

Every bend on the E01 from Kottawa to Galle can be taken at 200km/h... been there done that.

Most of the owners of indian and Jap cars use asbestos (Worse) or asbestos free brake pads, as the give out less dust, but they are useless at high speeds and for that reason they are banned in Europe.

Lifting off on the middle of a corner is just as dangerous as braking in the middle, it could cause something called "power oversteer" in a front wheel driven car.

I have a question regarding the CKE about the way they are filling the land. I have seen that most of the sections of the CKE is built on land filled with sea sand. as per what I know; the sand has more air pockets than soil itself. So will the road get deformed/cracked faster with easily displacing sand layer when the heavy vehicles travel on it? can any body shed a light on this?

I have a question regarding the CKE about the way they are filling the land. I have seen that most of the sections of the CKE is built on land filled with sea sand. as per what I know; the sand has more air pockets than soil itself. So will the road get deformed/cracked faster with easily displacing sand layer when the heavy vehicles travel on it? can any body shed a light on this?

'XBeat',

I have seen in many parts of the world roads are build with sea sand filling later they compact with sheep foot rollers and normal road rollers.

Later pave with selected (ABC) Mixture of small stones and use asphalt mixture to final rolling by heavy road rollers.

Under text I copied from the web.

SEA Sand for fill

Sand has a number of desirable properties for use as foundation underneath parking places, buildings and roads: it drains groundwater freely and it stays put, unlike soil or clay which can slide more easily. Sand does not expand or contract with changing moisture content, and resists high loads without sliding or compacting. Where sand contains high levels of mud, these qualities are compromised. A high lime content from broken shells, may cause the sand foundation to shrink over time due to acid rainwater slowly dissolving this lime.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi

Don't you think this sort of actions should be discouraged. Some others will also try doing similar things on the highway eventually leading to accidents. If people want do things out of their stupidity they should atleast keep it to them selves with out uploading them on public forums.

Just my 2 cents though.

Well, I see nothing wrong with it. The E01 accidents are nothing what we expected. Fatalities even less.

Its a bit silly to comment on how unsafe this is considering how bad the rest of the country's driving is... ;)

eeyup...a bit of harmless fun,and the owners of these kind of cars usually have atleast a bit of driving ability and the cars themselves can take a bit of reckless thrashing ...much more dangerous is the asshole in a 121 or a Prius trying to show off...

• Like 2

Was in EW few times recently, every time I do enter I did ask for the speed limit. To my surprise they said it is 130kmph every time. I asked them is there any written document for it. They said in writing it is 100kmph, but for a car like what I drive they do have a tolerance till 130kmph. Then further surprised and ask what about others, they said if it is a small car like Maruti, the limit and tolerance is 110kmph.

Recipe for anarchy.

The Law declared is always the law enforced and not open for individual interpretations. Don't be surprised if you travel at 101km/h one fine morning and get pinged for speeding. You will have no leg to stand on if matter went to court.

Edited by HardHat

No on the contrary sand has better structural properties than soil, provided that it is properly compacted throughout to the specified bearing ratio.

The big if is how strict the testing and certification regime is, for ensuring contractors do comply with the specs.

Edited by HardHat
  • Like 1

No on the contrary sand has better structural properties than soil, provided that it is properly compacted throughout to the specified bearing ratio.

The big if is how strict the testing and certification regime is, for ensuring contractors do comply with the specs.

Most of soft ground treatment were done by Keangnam during 2000-2001 period. I think testing should be ok, as sand surcharge setteled about 7-8 years.

Most of soft ground treatment were done by Keangnam during 2000-2001 period. I think testing should be ok, as sand surcharge setteled about 7-8 years.

Wouldn't trust the contractor mate, no matter how big or reputed they may be. Them all are after profit and will fault if left to their own devices. Any idea who is representing the client on this project?

අධිවේගයේදී සීය පැන්නොත් දඩ

2013 අගෝස්තු මස 10 09:44:12 | බිමල් ශ්‍යාමන් ජයසිංහ

fb.png

සිකුරාදා රාත්‍රියේ සිට දක්ෂින අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ පැයට කිලෝමීටර් සියයේ වේගය ඉක්මවන රියදුරන්ට දඩ ගැසීමට යයි.

මෙම නීතිය දැඩි කිරීමට ආසන්න හේතුව වූයේ මාතර ඇලවේල්ලේ සහෝදරයෙකු හා සහෝදරියක පැයට කිලෝමීටර් 140 වේගයෙන් යාම නිසා සිදුවු අනතුරෙන් මරණයට පත් වීමයි.

සියයේ වේගය ඉක්මවන රියදුරනට රුපියල් දහසක දඩයක් නියම කෙරේ.

දැනට අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ අදි වේගයෙන් ගමන් කිරීම නිසා අනතුරු අටකදී එකොලොස් දෙනෙක් මිය ගිය බව අධිවේගී මාර්ග පාලකයෝ කියති.

නියමිත වේගය ඉක්මවූ 50 දෙනෙකුට පමණ මීට කලින් නඩු පවරා ඇත.

Dumb ass Maruti driver tries to be a dumb ass and ruins it for the rest of us.

For those of us who cant read Sinhala, what it says is that as of now, any driver who exceeds 100Kmph on the E01 will be fined LKR1000. This action was taken after the recent car crash which claimed the lives of 2 people. They were travelling at 140kmph.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

අධිවේගයේදී සීය පැන්නොත් දඩ

2013 අගෝස්තු මස 10 09:44:12 | බිමල් ශ්‍යාමන් ජයසිංහ

fb.png

සිකුරාදා රාත්‍රියේ සිට දක්ෂින අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ පැයට කිලෝමීටර් සියයේ වේගය ඉක්මවන රියදුරන්ට දඩ ගැසීමට යයි.

මෙම නීතිය දැඩි කිරීමට ආසන්න හේතුව වූයේ මාතර ඇලවේල්ලේ සහෝදරයෙකු හා සහෝදරියක පැයට කිලෝමීටර් 140 වේගයෙන් යාම නිසා සිදුවු අනතුරෙන් මරණයට පත් වීමයි.

සියයේ වේගය ඉක්මවන රියදුරනට රුපියල් දහසක දඩයක් නියම කෙරේ.

දැනට අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ අදි වේගයෙන් ගමන් කිරීම නිසා අනතුරු අටකදී එකොලොස් දෙනෙක් මිය ගිය බව අධිවේගී මාර්ග පාලකයෝ කියති.

නියමිත වේගය ඉක්මවූ 50 දෙනෙකුට පමණ මීට කලින් නඩු පවරා ඇත.

Dumb ass Maruti driver tries to be a dumb ass and ruins it for the rest of us.

For those of us who cant read Sinhala, what it says is that as of now, any driver who exceeds 100Kmph on the E01 will be fined LKR1000. This action was taken after the recent car crash which claimed the lives of 2 people. They were travelling at 140kmph.

So then all of us should pay for this idiot's foolishness.

They should consider the size of the vehicle before giving the speed limits.

Now that D*MO battas and Maruti 800s will also go to 100kmph and while Porsches should also go at the same speed

Too bad he driver didn't die, his stupidness managed to kill the 2 passengers while he survived. He lived to kill another day.

If the driver has survived, then that's the best punishment I can think of because he has to suffer from the memory of the incident and he will be charged with indirect(don't know exact English term but in sinhala it's "Aniyam") murder charge as did to Yangalmodara Train - Bus accident. Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe