• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

off course i ve read it frm beginning to end, but all the idea behind it to a profit to the company side. we canot change the liabilities, but we can choose a better company who do the service fast and easy on our side. and look around what they give back to you like Hampers

You have read a insurance policy beginning to end, but you cannot write 3 lines properly.....

Maybe a good idea to read the full policy document, but I may need to get a set of specs as the print is sooo small

The mistake we normally do is just decide the company by the primium and it's reputation. Infact I never thought about the limit of the 3rd party.

Nice pics mate.. I dont know much about minis, can these cars do 80-100km/h safetly?

That's like a really dumb question machang... ;) Long before Toyota Corollas or Maruti or any other tin can you guys call cars these days were even designed, Minis were ripping through British and European roads.

• Like 1

SPOTTED.....Our friend GMI in his Mini Open Classic ;)

thanks mate.... that day we kept around 100 km/h as cops were all over after the fatal accident and on the way back there was an engine inside the car :)

On the other day one of my friends did 155 km/h in this car while I was doing 188 km/h in the vtec mini

Sri Lanka's Colombo-Kandy Expressway delayed due to change of route

Feb 15, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government is yet to decide on when to commence the construction work on the proposed Colombo-Kandy expressway following the decision to alter its route. The expressway that was initially to travel through Ambepussa has been altered to travel through Kurunegala following a Presidential directive.

Acting Cabinet Spokesperson, Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa told ColomboPage that the authorities are now in the process of carrying out an environment impact assessment in Kurunegala since the expressway is to travel through the city. He said that dates have not yet been decided on the commencement of the expressway project.

The government stated that work on the Colombo-Kandy expressway would commence this year.

should be, for a car that won monte carlo rally four times :)

Three Monte wins to be precise.1964,65 &67. In 1966 Three works Mini Coopers came 1,2 and 3 but in but disqualified by French organizers based on a controversial head light issue. Eventually Citroen DS was awarded the win but driver Pauli Tiovonen refused to accept the winners trophy and left Citroen team.Citroen DS was also fitted with a similar kind of controversial white lamps.

Monte winning cars were highly prepared works Coopers and lot different than our day to day Minis.

Our own GMI drove a YOM 1999 Mini fuel injection type 1.3 and ideal for Highway runs. Most of todays Minis are post 1985 cars and surely will reach 100 km/h without any issue. Minis are lot simple , reliable, faster than other modern day 1000cc cars.

MINIACE

• Like 3

Sri Lanka's Colombo-Kandy Expressway delayed due to change of route

Feb 15, Colombo: The Sri Lankan government is yet to decide on when to commence the construction work on the proposed Colombo-Kandy expressway following the decision to alter its route. The expressway that was initially to travel through Ambepussa has been altered to travel through Kurunegala following a Presidential directive.

Acting Cabinet Spokesperson, Minister Anura Priyadarshana Yapa told ColomboPage that the authorities are now in the process of carrying out an environment impact assessment in Kurunegala since the expressway is to travel through the city. He said that dates have not yet been decided on the commencement of the expressway project.

The government stated that work on the Colombo-Kandy expressway would commence this year.

oh crap! I was really hoping that they would start work this year. Damn! :(

Three Monte wins to be precise.1964,65 &67. In 1966 Three works Mini Coopers came 1,2 and 3 but in but disqualified by French organizers based on a controversial head light issue. Eventually Citroen DS was awarded the win but driver Pauli Tiovonen refused to accept the winners trophy and left Citroen team.Citroen DS was also fitted with a similar kind of controversial white lamps.

Monte winning cars were highly prepared works Coopers and lot different than our day to day Minis.

Our own GMI drove a YOM 1999 Mini fuel injection type 1.3 and ideal for Highway runs. Most of todays Minis are post 1985 cars and surely will reach 100 km/h without any issue. Minis are lot simple , reliable, faster than other modern day 1000cc cars.

MINIACE

MINI,,,

i not sure if there are 800cc minis( pls enlighten) , let us just say that there are and we pick one raw unmodofied one and keep it against the nano, maruti and viva elite........what do you think th result would be???, that would be interesting ha :sport-smiley-004:

MINI,,,

i not sure if there are 800cc minis( pls enlighten) , let us just say that there are and we pick one raw unmodofied one and keep it against the nano, maruti and viva elite........what do you think th result would be???, that would be interesting ha :sport-smiley-004:

"raw unmodofied" or you can use the word "stock' thats the general term <<<end of lesson>>>

MINI,,,

800cc Mini's? Never heard of em.

Anyways the obvious results would be the Mini comming in 1st followed by the viva, maruti and the nano comming in 2nd 3rd and 4th respectively.

Smoking all these 3 cars would be a piece of cake for the mini.

Edited by CyRaX
  • Like 1

800cc Mini's? Never heard of em.

Anyways the obvious results would be the Mini comming in 1st followed by the viva, maruti and the nano comming in 2nd 3rd and 4th respectively.

Smoking all these 3 cars would be a piece of cake for the mini.

how much is the top speed of a mini anyway 150+

There were 850CC Minis. They were the first to come out in 1959.

And the whole idea of contemplating which car would come first, is merely hypothetocal.

The original 850CC Mini in its stock form carried a 848CC 34bhp Carburetor engine with 10 inch wheels and its about 650kg

The Viva also has an 850CC version which carries a 52bhp EFI DVVT engine with 12inch wheels and its about 740 kg

Maruti 800 has an 800CC engine with around 35bhp and it uses MPFI. Wheel size is 12-inches (correct me if I'm wrong here). Its also about 650 kg

Nano has a 624CC engine with about 30bhp has 10inch wheels. It's about 600kg

Going ONLY by these figures and not considering the aerodynamics, stability and zillion other factors, I believe the Viva would be far ahead, if these cars were dragged in their stock form.

Edited by Crosswind

Well if you were there for last Sundays Pannala races, witnessed the SL-N upto 1000cc...Im sure you wouldnt ask that question.

Minis were tested against many one liter babes. Generally Nano is a 625cc 37bhp car.Maruti 800 is 795cc and 37bhp.Perodua viva 1.0 (EJVE engined) is 60 bhp while Mighty mini is 55bhp at 1000cc standard. 1.3mpis record well over 80bhp.

Further Minis stand strong at power to weight ratio of just under 27 lb/bhp and Viva 27.27 lb/bhp, Maruti 800 @38 lb/bhp and Nano 37.83 lb/bhp respectively. Mini 1.3 is well above all with 20 lbs/bhp

Im sure its a tough fight between Mini and Viva but I ran many times against Kelisas at GP won all with good margins.With excellent standard close transmission ratios and unbelievable cornering strength,My money is definately on Mini.

MINIACE

Well if you were there for last Sundays Pannala races, witnessed the SL-N upto 1000cc...Im sure you wouldnt ask that question.

Minis were tested against many one liter babes. Generally Nano is a 625cc 37bhp car.Maruti 800 is 795cc and 37bhp.Perodua viva 1.0 (EJVE engined) is 60 bhp while Mighty mini is 55bhp at 1000cc standard. 1.3mpis record well over 80bhp.

Further Minis stand strong at power to weight ratio of just under 27 lb/bhp and Viva 27.27 lb/bhp, Maruti 800 @38 lb/bhp and Nano 37.83 lb/bhp respectively. Mini 1.3 is well above all with 20 lbs/bhp

Im sure its a tough fight between Mini and Viva but I ran many times against Kelisas at GP won all with good margins.With excellent standard close transmission ratios and unbelievable cornering strength,My money is definately on Mini.

MINIACE

I have never owned a MINI but my father used to take me joyrides in them one when I was little. Such a wonderful machine it is... most of all i like the cozy feeling you get when you sit on those checkered fabric seats. I maybe am going off topic but just want to appreciate the fact that there are people who are carrying on the legacy and are preserving the specimens which we can admire once in a while when we see them running in tip top condition…