• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

what's that Italian tuneup thing ? :)

An Italian tuneup usually refers to a process whereby the operator of a motor vehicle runs the engine at full load for extended periods in order to burn carbon buildup from the combustion chambers and exhaust system. It is performed after a traditional tuneup and often accompanied by an addition of fuel system cleaner to the fuel tank. It is particularly useful for vehicles that are only operated at low speeds on short journeys, and for diesel vehicles prior to emissions testing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_tuneup

Mind you, the Italian tune-up, as correctly explained above, is running the engine at full "load" for extended periods of time, i.e. vehicle in gear and moving.

This shall not be confused with running the engine at full throttle while vehicle is in neutral and stationary, which can do serious damage to the engine.

And I couldn't vouch more for the effectiveness of Italian tune-up - that's how I usually get my CBX tuned.

My apologies for the idiot on the Nano on the E01 on Monday, and the moron with a Doctor Pass in his black AXio, and the ######## in hist White Vitz, you dumb ass really ought to go back to driving school and learn to drive your cars in a straight line at 80-100Kmphs. Stick to your lanes, do not straddle the lanes, straddle your wife, Girlfriends, boy friends, dogs, whatever it is that changes your gears, I don't care, Just don't straddle the lanes. Its really easy, like taking a piss. If you cant do that even, some of you should not be prescribing drugs, let alone drive a car.

And to that little prepubescent kid in that grey EK3 with a fart barrel... if you are reading, Sorry my friend, the Civics in the Fast and Furious movies were professionally done up for the movie, and your car is not up to the task. You were told WRONG!!! Hope your girlfriend did not deprive you of that hand job you may have been getting when I glided past... ;) I saw you grabbing the wheel and try to catch up, ... 3 points for trying though... :)

I hope you all learned a valuable lesson not to mess with a man in an Italian car with a 3.0 V6 made by Giuseppe Busso, and who has serious anger issues... :)

Yeah man these european cars are built for cruising on expressways and stuff. Went in a merc and in a toyota, really felt the difference :)

And the other day, a horny man in a black Suzuki Swift with this fake gauges on the A pillar was busy with his left hand in his GFs blouse.. I mean, WTF????? In broad daylight. Come on, be a bit more discreet... :) It was 4.30 in the afternoon. Get a room, not the road.

• Like 3

Yeah man these european cars are built for cruising on expressways and stuff. Went in a merc and in a toyota, really felt the difference :)

Not necessarily machang. Quite a few Japs are good on highways, any of the big Jap cars are great. Cefiros, Primeras, Accords, Laurels, Galants, and if you can get hold of one the Mitsi Diamates and Magnas, they ae amazing on long stretches!

Even the old Crowns and Cressidas are amazing on long journeys. I actually wont mind owning a Crown.

• Like 1

And the other day, a horny man in a black Suzuki Swift with this fake gauges on the A pillar was busy with his left hand in his GFs blouse.. I mean, WTF????? In broad daylight. Come on, be a bit more discreet... :) It was 4.30 in the afternoon. Get a room, not the road.

Yes. while stuck in slow moving traffic on Kotte Road near Keels, Supermarket, Dear Black Suzuki Swift Driver with the Fake gauges on the A Pillar, I hope you are reading this... your woman was not enjoying it from the look on her face. Think you squeezed her nipples a bit too tight or pulled a hair. How do I know? Because I was perving on you from my rear view... :) and so was Rukster who was in the car with me at the time... :)

• Like 4

Once I saw a similar scene during the morning rush hour around Peliyagoda in Kandy rd, this dude was driving a townace (CR41) and he was smooching with his woman on the heavy traffic. I as driving parallelly next to him on the slow moving traffic….and next thing was the bus infront of him stopped and this horny dude didn’t notice that as he was busy kissing the woman…. Went and hit on the bus and that was it… :action-smiley-060: .. these frustrated people really dont know the difference between a room and a vehicle, eh?

My apologies for the idiot on the Nano on the E01 on Monday, and the moron with a Doctor Pass in his black AXio, and the ######## in hist White Vitz, you dumb ass really ought to go back to driving school and learn to drive your cars in a straight line at 80-100Kmphs. Stick to your lanes, do not straddle the lanes, straddle your wife, Girlfriends, boy friends, dogs, whatever it is that changes your gears, I don't care, Just don't straddle the lanes. Its really easy, like taking a piss. If you cant do that even, some of you should not be prescribing drugs, let alone drive a car.

And to that little prepubescent kid in that grey EK3 with a fart barrel... if you are reading, Sorry my friend, the Civics in the Fast and Furious movies were professionally done up for the movie, and your car is not up to the task. You were told WRONG!!! Hope your girlfriend did not deprive you of that hand job you may have been getting when I glided past... ;) I saw you grabbing the wheel and try to catch up, ... 3 points for trying though... :)

I hope you all learned a valuable lesson not to mess with a man in an Italian car with a 3.0 V6 made by Giuseppe Busso, and who has serious anger issues... :)

Like this part "Italian car with a 3.0 V6 made by Giuseppe Busso, and who has serious anger issues... :) "

Seeing this $hit isn't common? The kotte road is chock full of it. Buses have the best vantage point though.

Ah ya machan I am aware of that & seen a few too :) just wanted to add the pic for dramatic reasons ;)

Off the Nation online edition -

Southern Expressway authorities have directed that the Vehicle Fitness Certificate is mandatory for all vehicles using the Expressway, official sources said. They said the certificate was made mandatory to prevent accidents on the expressway where vehicles operated at high speed. They had detected several vehicles not roadworthy as they had black smoke emanating, less brakes and other defects.

Off the Nation online edition -

Southern Expressway authorities have directed that the Vehicle Fitness Certificate is mandatory for all vehicles using the Expressway, official sources said. They said the certificate was made mandatory to prevent accidents on the expressway where vehicles operated at high speed. They had detected several vehicles not roadworthy as they had black smoke emanating, less brakes and other defects.

If it's less braking, then that takes off all the Indian cars off the roads.

all the indian cars lack servo assistance ? :speechless-smiley-003: or is it something else

Nah, the still do, but the brakes are really crappy. My BIL has a B/New 2011 Estilo and he says the brakes are really bad. He used a JDM AWD Swift before and that thing can stop in any emergency.