• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Ha ha ha...... not so petrol guzzling Euro car..... pumped 30 liters of 95 at kottawa, needle was at the half way point, and after the trip it was in the vicinity of the 1/4 mark. So roughly 9-10 per liter... not bad in my books... :) Kottawa - Koggala - Kottawa

Mind you, AC on, heavy foot, average 100-120 with bursts of overtaking.

Ha ha ha...... not so petrol guzzling Euro car..... pumped 30 liters of 95 at kottawa, needle was at the half way point, and after the trip it was in the vicinity of the 1/4 mark. So roughly 9-10 per liter... not bad in my books... :) Kottawa - Koggala - Kottawa

Mind you, AC on, heavy foot, average 100-120 with bursts of overtaking.

its a fuel saver :)

'Reckless',

YES YES.

I have been on train trips night and day for two to three days on number of countries. Crossing borders.

Srilanka Colombo to Badulla. Colombo to Ratnapura long time back in 1970. Best of scenery.

Must go in the new train to see the birds inside the train. Do not know the bottle is allowed.

Once in Flight in USA my bottle was taken by the pilot returned at the journeys end.

USA law you cannot have hard liquor during inland flights. First stewardess gave me rocks twice at the third time she gave me then she complained to the pilot that I am having hard liquor. I always take the last seat so that others will not get disturb by my drinking. Sometimes Singapore Colombo, Colombo Singapore you get house maids they are ready for anything, can spent a night in a resting hotel after the journeys end.

Life is short if we do not enjoy during our life time when we are going to enjoy, the worldly pleasures.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Reckless',

YES YES.

I have been on train trips night and day for two to three days on number of countries. Crossing borders.

Srilanka Colombo to Badulla. Colombo to Ratnapura long time back in 1970. Best of scenery.

Must go in the new train to see the birds inside the train. Do not know the bottle is allowed.

Once in Flight in USA my bottle was taken by the pilot returned at the journeys end.

USA law you cannot have hard liquor during inland flights. First stewardess gave me rocks twice at the third time she gave me then she complained to the pilot that I am having hard liquor. I always take the last seat so that others will not get disturb by my drinking. Sometimes Singapore Colombo, Colombo Singapore you get house maids they are ready for anything, can spent a night in a resting hotel after the journeys end.

Life is short if we do not enjoy during our life time when we are going to enjoy, the worldly pleasures.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

And then you wonder why when we go to western countries we get treated like thieves and unruly drunkards. :)

• Like 1

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

At the risk of taking this topic OT I gotta say sylvi seems to have a hard time keeping away from bottle and even harder time keeping his junk in his pants. Please do tell us more on your singapore housemaid adventures. It could be useful to us :D

Sylvi, how much do you drink?? For you to choose the last seat... you must be having serious issues. There is a name in Sinhala for that... its starts with B... then there is a B.... and it ends with DA... :)

'VVTi' ,

Last seat on a commercial flight is reserved for flight staf. some times they give room for few ladies if the flight is full I select the last seat for my convenience. Last seat To baba "Nalawnda".

I drink only one bottle of Gal for 4 days.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'VVTi' ,

Last seat on a commercial flight is reserved for flight staf. some times they give room for few ladies if the flight is full I select the last seat for my convenience. Last seat To baba "Nalawnda".

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

And Sylvi doesnt stop amusing the AL community ever...!! !! I must say one bottle of Gal in 4 days....and if its a litre bottle...thats 250ml per day!! !! ....hmmm....

At the risk of taking this topic OT I gotta say sylvi seems to have a hard time keeping away from bottle and even harder time keeping his junk in his pants. Please do tell us more on your singapore housemaid adventures. It could be useful to us :D

No no. You don't need to know about Singapore housemaids any more. :P

'VVTi' ,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Since bro sylvi doesnt respond to me can someone please ask him what "baba nalawanna" is... there seems to be a whole lot of kinky action going on in flights that I was not aware of.

hik hik hik

Since bro sylvi doesnt respond to me can someone please ask him what "baba nalawanna" is... there seems to be a whole lot of kinky action going on in flights that I was not aware of.

hik hik hik

yeah me want to know too. Sylvi always have some tricks up in his sleaves.

getting back to the topic heard some news on sirasa tv that the president has summoned a meeting to discuss the progress of colombo-kandy highway, and he has told that the highway should be layed in a way so that damages to private property is minimized. Good to know that kandy-colombo highway development has some kind of progress. :yahoo:

Jan 08, 2012 (LBO) - An expressway from Sri Lanka's capital Colombo to the central city of Kandy has been changed to touch Kurunegala, another key city, Road Development Authority Chairman R W Pemasiri said.

getimagejz.jpg

The 98 kilometre planned expressway was earlier going over Ambepussa. The new road may be slightly longer because of the change, Pemasiri said.ten companies from China, Korea, India and Malaysia have submitted proposals with financing to build the track.

• Daily Mirror

EXPRESSWAY: PRIVATE BUS OPERATORS GOING TO COURT

Legal action will be taken against the National Transport Commission (NTC) for not permitting private buses to operate on the Southern Expressway, the Lanka Private Bus Owners Association (LPBOA) said yesterday.

The NTC has so far only permitted Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) buses to operate on the expressway and had said it would consider the possibility of permitting private buses as well.

- 25 Jan 2012 Daily Mirror

On a Totally different note : I own a defender 110 built in 1986. Good Old 2.5 N/A . Max Speed is 120. But 100 is comfortable speed.

I ran E01 Twice and i found that the bottom / medium end power of the engine has really improved. I constantly ran at 100.

I also ran E01 in my 1.6 Kia. I once did 140-160 not constantly but here and there. I felt a performance increase in that too.

So i guess running maximum out put of a vehicale for 5-10 min or constantly 60 min would make difference in performance.

Any one felt this ?

Watchman....that vid's definately gotta win the 2012 MBSIVESOYT award hands down!!!!!!!

Hey!, Velocity, this improvement in performance you notice after a decent belt up the motorway is quite true. Cleans all the crap out of the systems. In the motor trade it's called an "Italian Tune-up" Dontcha luv it!!!!

Watchman....that vid's definately gotta win the 2012 MBSIVESOYT award hands down!!!!!!!

I started watching it thinking that at that point of the song where it suddenly gets loud the car (or is that a van) would suddenly step on it and drive like its shit's on fire. After 2 mins i got bored of waiting for it and skipped forward a bit. I ended up skipping all the way to the end.

I love the scenery man, I have gone on the normal train service from Colombo to Kandy and Kandy to Colombo 100 of times. never get enough of the beautiful scenery. but this new train service will be a different level of experience! you will still have things to enjoy even if you dont get a window seat. :)

There is hardly a view , since its a/c glass is closed, also glass is something like pespect sheet ? not glass, so not clear plus its not washed.

I did not see any hot stewedesess but they did have a movie running...

And Sylvi doesnt stop amusing the AL community ever...!! !! I must say one bottle of Gal in 4 days....and if its a litre bottle...thats 250ml per day!! !! ....hmmm....

There is no 1 ltr bottle of Gal only 750 ml. So thats close to 200ml per day ( 8 shots or 4 doubles ).