• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Getting on this road in a HC bike all geared up in the middle of the night and do couple of runs up and down would be an absolute blast. All those nice sweeping turns and smooth road... How therapeutic it'll be...... I can't be the only one thinking this :D

I think bikes are not allowed. HC bikes aren't allowed in the country anyway.

Ran the E01 bout six times, and did a bit over 220 on the last run. couldn't exceed it as there were vehicles on the right lane doing the usual 100. Need to sort out the aerodynamics on the side mirrors as it was quite noisy.

hay..

It's oki to kill yourself.. Please don't kill anyone else on the road...........

Getting on this road in a HC bike all geared up in the middle of the night and do couple of runs up and down would be an absolute blast. All those nice sweeping turns and smooth road... How therapeutic it'll be...... I can't be the only one thinking this :D

This could have been possible before the opening of this.... :suicide2:

hay..

It's oki to kill yourself.. Please don't kill anyone else on the road...........

It's like the man behind the gun.. depends on who's at the wheel.

Also, FYI, Speeding never really killed anyone. It's the hard stop at the end that does...! :sport-smiley-002:

Not everyone who speeds dies, it's jst the morons who can't control their rides.

• Like 1

Ran the E01 bout six times, and did a bit over 220 on the last run. couldn't exceed it as there were vehicles on the right lane doing the usual 100. Need to sort out the aerodynamics on the side mirrors as it was quite noisy.

220 on E01 is pretty excessive.. not to mention stupid to attempt on a public road. It's sad to see the guy who replied saying 'hey it's ok to kill yourself' being flamed or ridiculed for his English or for stating what he felt. Sadder to see statements of defence for the guy who went at 220 when in this very thread there are so many vids posted by members about unforeseen accidents due to speeding.

Ah but what to do I know, this is just my 5th post...

Edited by Sajith83
  • Like 8

The salutation is absolutely fine. Many times I've heard good old Queen Liz greet the Palace staff in the morning with a "Hay Lair There." Funny language, that English stuff.

Ha Ha...

Funny people talking about my spelling mistake when there's a guy who went at 220 on a road with maximum speed of 100 to laugh at...!

There are lots of guys doing 200 on roads with maximum speed of 72 without any hullaballoo. The problem starts when you try to do something you can't control.

I hv seen in some general road accidents, the LOW speed of one driver is the cause of the accident between another two drivers! So driving slow can also kill :)

It's like the man behind the gun.. depends on who's at the wheel.

Also, FYI, Speeding never really killed anyone. It's the hard stop at the end that does...! :sport-smiley-002:

Not everyone who speeds dies, it's jst the morons who can't control their rides.

Agree with you machan, should not speed if you cannot control the ride; Slight mistake might end up giving many lives specially in this narrow highways.

You boys are forgetting something in your anonymity. Certain people here know each other, and know the capability of each other as a driver, and the capabilities of their cars. So possibly they feel you are unjustified in your generalization.

There was a time I took a chap on a speed run coz he wanted to see how fast my car could go. He started freaking out at 150. Which was kinda stupid, coz we weren't anywhere near max, but I slowed down before he peed in my car.

Point being, high speeds might be scary for people who drive around in Mom's Corolla, but there are people and cars that can handle it without fuss. The GTR probably wouldn't even break a sweat. Its when that chap in mom's Corolla tries reaching 150 that people need to watch out.

There are lots of guys doing 200 on roads with maximum speed of 72 without any hullaballoo. The problem starts when you try to do something you can't control.

I hv seen in some general road accidents, the LOW speed of one driver is the cause of the accident between another two drivers! So driving slow can also kill :)

Yeah. That 14 car Ferrari pileup in Japan was in part due to a slow moving Prius. There were other factors, but the slow Prius was one too.

• Like 3

the point is not the ability of the driver to control. Even if they are dead sure of themselves and their car, at such high speeds, he runs terrible risks. Especially on E01 with the wildlife and other drivers going slower. Plenty of instances where a dog might have crossed suddenly. Avoiding at 100 is one thing, avoiding at 200 is a whole different deal. E01 has pretty good safety mechanisms, and accidents at 100 will cause carnage, but 200 is sure death. Not to mention damage to public property.

Also, it may be for good or bad, but E01 has no lower speed limit. we can curse all we want for people doing 50-60 on that road, but they have every right to. (so far) overtaking a slow moving vehicle at 100 on E01 is comfortable enough, but doing so at 200 might not be such a good idea.

My point is, there's nothing to be proud of for travelling so fast, and even less to be proud of for justifying it.

There are roads for that speed. Tracks I guess, or maybe abroad. Or if they make E01 six lanes and up the limit.

I dunno, it maybe just the figure jumping into '2'00 that made me feel strongly about this :speechless-smiley-006: just something psychological... hmm maybe the old marketing gimmick selling stuff at 199.99 actually works!! lol

Edited by Sajith83
  • Like 4

Ha Ha...

Funny people talking about my spelling mistake when there's a guy who went at 220 on a road with maximum speed of 100 to laugh at...!

+1

If only you wrote perfect english and had more than 2000 post count then there will be people here to defend you. Even if you commit murder! I'm just saying.

Edited by rover
  • Like 1

+1

If only you wrote perfect english and had more than 2000 post count there will be people here to defend you. Even if you commit murder! I'm just saying.

It doesn't matter what your post count or how good your English, if you're a moron, people will attack you. And I ain't just saying.

I say, if you find it so unpalatable here, why don't you just not stop by? It'll save people a lot of aggravation.

You don't need to be a moron, even for the best of drivers the luck runs out someday.... So far there has been no fatality on the E01, so lets try to keep it that way....

As Senna entered the high-speed Tamburello corner on lap 7, the car left the track at around 205 mph (330 km/h), hitting the concrete retaining wall at around 135 mph (217 km/h), with Senna having a weak heartbeat and significant blood loss (approximately 4.5 liters). Because of Senna's poor neurological condition, Professor Watkins performed an on site tracheotomy and requested the immediate airlifting of Senna to Bologna's Maggiore Hospital, where he was declared dead hours later.

• Like 4

the point is not the ability of the driver to control. Even if they are dead sure of themselves and their car, at such high speeds, he runs terrible risks. Especially on E01 with the wildlife and other drivers going slower. Plenty of instances where a dog might have crossed suddenly. Avoiding at 100 is one thing,

Trying to avoid the dog would be the reason for some of these crashes. You're better off with a blood splattered fender than a totally wrecked car.

Ha Ha...

Long before the E01 was making guys like you jizz in your pants, prematurely, some people were still driving in excess of 100Kmph. 100Kmph maybe a great deal for some of you geezers who are new to the E01 driving your mother's Viva Elite or pansyass Maruti.

If the person who wants to drive at 200, let him drive. Its his right and teh police is there to deal with it. If it ends up in disaters, ten its again his problem. Not anyone of you pansies's.

If any one of you morons happens to be the cause of the accident, well, then it would not be the first time a moron in a crappy car unable to maintain speed or direction caused a highway accident.

AL is not a place to preach your brand of dumbass 'bana'. YOu can do that at some VivaElite owners Club gathering at Sathutu Uyana.

• Like 2

Long before the E01 was making guys like you jizz in your pants, prematurely, some people were still driving in excess of 100Kmph. 100Kmph maybe a great deal for some of you geezers who are new to the E01 driving your mother's Viva Elite or pansyass Maruti.

If the person who wants to drive at 200, let him drive. Its his right and teh police is there to deal with it. If it ends up in disaters, ten its again his problem. Not anyone of you pansies's.

If any one of you morons happens to be the cause of the accident, well, then it would not be the first time a moron in a crappy car unable to maintain speed or direction caused a highway accident.

AL is not a place to preach your brand of dumbass 'bana'. YOu can do that at some VivaElite owners Club gathering at Sathutu Uyana.

"If the person who wants to drive at 200, let him drive. Its his right and the police is there to deal with it. If it ends up in disaters, ten its again his problem. Not anyone of you pansies's." - I think that's the crappiest comment I've heard on AL. I don't think anyone needs elaborate on it. If the guy owns the road, and no one else uses it, and all the property surrounding the road is owned by him, THEN he can do whatever he wants.

I wonder what you would say if a guy doing 200 were to come nick you while on E01... oh sorry, you'd say it's your problem and not anyone else's... then again it won't be your problem either, you'd be dead :)

Also don't assume that anyone who is against speeding drives a Viva Elite or pansyass Maruti as you call it, or is unable to drive at speed.

• Like 3

Oh look.... here comes the E01 Moral Police! With a bulit in speed detector up his rear end.

More people have died in Sri Lanka driving less than 100Kmph.... :)

And more people have met with accidents while stuck in traffic.

The E01 is a public place. If someone wants to speed, its their problem. The rules and laws are there. If anyone wants to break or bend itt, then again its their risk and problem. If you happen to be there when the crap hits the fan, well, then thats your bad luck. You could have easliy slipped at home and hit the head on the commode and died a horrible smelly death.

Any monkey in a Pansyaas VivaElite or Maruti can drive at speed. We are all aware of it. No one is against it. Its this pansy ass attitude about being all self rightesous and getting all preachey that is rather annoying.

You want to preach road etiqutte, then setup up a learner school. You will have a better audience.

• Like 1

Oh look.... here comes the E01 Moral Police! With a bulit in speed detector up his rear end.

More people have died in Sri Lanka driving less than 100Kmph.... :)

And more people have met with accidents while stuck in traffic.

The E01 is a public place. If someone wants to speed, its their problem. The rules and laws are there. If anyone wants to break or bend itt, then again its their risk and problem. If you happen to be there when the crap hits the fan, well, then thats your bad luck. You could have easliy slipped at home and hit the head on the commode and died a horrible smelly death.

Any monkey in a Pansyaas VivaElite or Maruti can drive at speed. We are all aware of it. No one is against it. Its this pansy ass attitude about being all self rightesous and getting all preachey that is rather annoying.

You want to preach road etiqutte, then setup up a learner school. You will have a better audience.

wow someone's gotten outta the wrong side of the bed today... All I was saying is 200 is excessive and silly on our roads.

Have a good day!

Not at all machang. It is buggers like you who get your silk panties in to a twist over some random occurance and get all excited, like newly menstruating school girls.

Lol is assumption your new pastime? Or are you studying for a Ph.D in Insultation :)

I was simply coolly making my point, and here you are going all ape on me, righteously dissing my righteousness lol... now I wonder whose panties are in a twist... silk or not....... hmmmm :speechless-smiley-004:

I believe, it is not about one's bravery or his advanced driving skills. Obeying the speed limits in a public road is about human responsibility for others. We should not be creators of "bad luck" to others.

While bravery and advanced driving skills are (and also fast, powerful cars) much appreciated............ I believe we should be sensible to that.............

• Like 4