• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

came from Galle at yesterday around 7.30 pm and i am happy to say that i saw only a one live dog lol. there were 2 or 3 dead ones on the day but that was it.

Road is great. that was my first experience of driving continuously around 100 kmph.

and want to mention that no one checked car condition or seat belts. and saw some old vehicles such as very old Mitsubishi jeep and a 40 SRI Mitsubishi L300 which was doing around 70.and a D*MO batta which was doing around 80. saw few broken cars too, 2 maruti's, a viva and a sprinter or something.

most importantly most of the drivers were driving above the speed limit lol. but everyone were signalling other vehicles properly. There was a one freak double cab using the right lane and honking like mad :speechless-smiley-006:

its pretty safe IMO. My mom was so worried before going in SEW and she says now that its very nice and better than the normal Galle road. :D

it was a awesome experience i must say :)

I had a go in E01 on 31st afternoon around 5.00 p.m very little traffic and the journey was very peaceful.

Only issue was keeping to the speed limit of 100 kmph couple of times it went past 130 kmph without even noticing.

IMO I think the speed limit should be increased to 120 kmph at least for cars.

There were cops in 3 places with radar guns, and like in other roads you get the signals from people coming towards about them, so watch out for flashing lights.

At the Galle end there were traffic cops with a sheet of paper looking at the number plates of the cars, hope they will not get smart and charge you on an average speed. (mine was 108 kmph)

My Colombo – Matara journey which usually takes 3.5-4 hours took only 2.5 hrs with average fuel consumption of 15 kmpl instead of 12 kmpl which almost compensate the toll cost.

went on the 30th to galle on the E01. had a great drive. was testing out the radar guided cruise control in my car and it was working perfectly. used cruise control and kept it at 98km/h. was an awesome drive. i touched 180km/h just for a brief moment when there was very less vehicle when coming back to colombo and reduced the speed back to 98km/h since i didnt wanna get copped.

They just had to give to DS Gunasekara. just when the expressway was starting to feel a bit safe too <_<

My sentiments exactly ........ I've encountered these buggers way too often on the Habarana road to know what to expect here..... Sad.

Saw so many breakdowns last week, I lost count. What the hell is wrong with these vehicles????

two reasons for that.

1. driving a car thats been driven below 60 during its entire life at high speeds for long periods of time sure takes its toll

2. we don't anyway notice broken down cars on normal trunk roads cos most just look like parked cars

• Like 2

Saw so many breakdowns last week, I lost count. What the hell is wrong with these vehicles????

Main reason is overheating when operating on higher revv spectrum and cooling system failed fighting the heat.

some dont check the coolant level before the trip and some top up over the limit.Both cases result overheating.In some cases I came to know that thermostats stuck at close position.Partially damaged headgaskets give up on long duration heat exposure situ.

Best is to to drive sensibly and use overdrive from start to end as much as possible and take the foot off the gas pedal on downhill sections (You get few on E01).

MINIACE

• Like 2

Daily Mirror-Monday 02nd

471 fined for speeding on Expressway

The Southern Expressway Traffic Division has fined 471 individuals mainly for exceeding the speed limit (100 kilometers per hour). A total of 51 accidents have been reported so far since the first expressway in Sri Lanka was opened on November 27.

The new division of expressway traffic is administered by a Deputy Inspector General (DIG) with powers vested similar to the Western Province Traffic DIG.

Police officers will be recruited after undergoing a special training to control the expressway traffic. Traffic control units are placed in Gelanigama, Kurundugahahatakma and Pinnaduwa.

New traffic regulations are being placed for motorists using the new expressway.

According to the police the existing fines will be increased for traffic violations that take place on super highways and expressways.

The elite Special Task Force (STF) conducts routine patrolling in the Southern Expressway. (Supun Dias)

http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/15844-471-fined-for-speeding-on-expressway-.html

MINIACE

Dude here im uploading the first CTB bus ran today..will post earlier taken Leyland pics soon.

MINIACE

Miniace, you seem to be flying frequently on this route. Business blooming? :D. What's the most popular destination?

Edited by madmax

Thanks Mate!

Here come the Nano...Honestly felt sorry for the car ...and prayed for the souls onboard...that was a scary E01 scene how he or she drove.

e01nano.png

MINIACE

that's taking too much of a chance i think. i mean those cars are known for catching fire out of no where.

Doubt they were ever built for open road driving. mostly slow speed, econo city slicking...

I hope they carry fire extinguishers on board

• Like 2