• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

I pray that those excessive speedsters dont take out innocent lives when they finally run out of their luck or make a mistake and get the rubber side up :(

Yeah bro, we go with our kids and family and i dont want any boyracer pulling a fast one to endanger any ones life.

• Like 1

When I checked into foursquare at the toolbooth, there was already a guy who had posted a photo of his benz doing 221km/h (digital readout).

i actually know the guy...a good driver no doubt, he himself was saying how dangerous it was but he just wanted to try out his c180 amg.. the rest of the drive he was averagin 110/120..

however danagerous it might be im trully impressed with that car reaching such a speed with only 1600cc under the hood...

can the cameras catch the speed or are they for surveillance?

If they are speed cameras they are set to trigger if a vehicle is above a designated speed. I think a tolerance of 3%-5% is allowed. If they are anything like in other countries, once you are clicked, you will get summons with the picture in the mail with the court date... :)

• Like 2

i actually know the guy...a good driver no doubt, he himself was saying how dangerous it was but he just wanted to try out his c180 amg.. the rest of the drive he was averagin 110/120..

however danagerous it might be im trully impressed with that car reaching such a speed with only 1600cc under the hood...

Why ae you suprised that a 1600cc car can reach that speed? You don't need large displacement engines to reach high speeds.

If they are speed cameras they are set to trigger if a vehicle is above a designated speed. I think a tolerance of 3%-5% is allowed. If they are anything like in other countries, once you are clicked, you will get summons with the picture in the mail with the court date... :)

Then we'll need to bring down the Hamster and a TVR to figure out how to defeat them.

I am really digging to buy a Subaru again considering if it rains on E01.

I didn't get this one Velocity: You want to get yourself another Subaru for its handling prowess in rain / wet conditions? Or did you mean you want a Subaru 'cos it would be fun to have, now that there's a highway to drive it on?

Edited by Kavvz

Does this mean you were driving at easily over 200km as well?

Was doing 160, when I was overtaken :speechless-smiley-006: ..... The speed is restricted and the dial is only up to 180, as its a JDM version. Cops were there but I think they were letting people have some fun.

you sould watch the video... more than just reaching the speed, it did did accelerate quite quickly for a car with a full load of 5 people!!

What`s this C180 AMG? Never knew an AMG version came out with a 1.6liter motor? Are you revering to the C180 CGi BlueEfficiency thingy with the AMG trim line?

The 1.6 liter motor i am referring to has got 154 horses as advertised, my car`s got about the same but I have to basically stand on the accelerator and wait for it to reach 210+ :( the Merc`s probably got more torque and linear power delivery.

I didn't get this one Velocity: You want to get yourself another Subaru for its handling prowess in rain / wet conditions? Or did you mean you want a Subaru 'cos it would be fun to have, now that there's a highway to drive it on?

Wet weather handling brother and nothing liking driving a Subaru in rainy conditions. :) and having such a beautiful expressway to drive on.

So both :)

Edited by Velocity

This notion of "fun" and boasting of excessive speeding has started to concern me a bit. From one hand we have a two lane motorway with a lot of bends with an inadequate hard shoulder. From another side we have inexperienced drivers experiencing a motorway for the first time. I am starting to worry our first pile up with multiple casualties is only around the corner ..... :(

Stay safe boys and girls! A motorway is not for joy riding and remember its not only your life on the line! Most people when they venture south go with their families......

I'm afraid I share in the concern. I think the only thing preventing it right now is the slow rate that people are entering the highway due to inadequacies at the entry points means they are alone most of the way, but it will rise as people start entering from multiple entry points. Not to mention some idiot in a van might flip it across the lanes going over a rise with a bend, and someone screaming along at 150+ is gonna need braking space. And they need to see if first, which is difficult after a rise.

• Like 2

This notion of "fun" and boasting of excessive speeding has started to concern me a bit. From one hand we have a two lane motorway with a lot of bends with an inadequate hard shoulder. From another side we have inexperienced drivers experiencing a motorway for the first time. I am starting to worry our first pile up with multiple casualties is only around the corner ..... :(

Stay safe boys and girls! A motorway is not for joy riding and remember its not only your life on the line! Most people when they venture south go with their families......

Quite true. Considering the fact that the express-way is also only 2 lanes you're gonna have cars bouncing around between guardrails taking out everything going in that direction at the moment. And I dont know if anyone noticed the currently popular 14 car Ferrari pile up was also on a 2 lane express-way :P

DON trust me, i was uttering the same words when a white allion overtook me at 180++. it was almost like the limts of the allion it was very unstable. he overtook me so close that i could feel my car get into a vaccum.

i feel that cops should control excessive speeds on E01.