• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

If you know so much why are you even here asking questions? Stay in whatever country you're in and speed all you want. But be careful; if they catch you they might put you back in that fishing trawler that yo smuggled yourself into whatever country you're in, and ship you back to Sri Lanka.

I asked the question because I didnt know about it, But you were not the ideal person to answer that question. FYI no country will deport you for speeding. They will deport you if u do a major crime. By the way I didnt come to USA in a fishing trawler, That might be the way you go to other countries. (when ever you go to other country) Dont be a jerk on forums.

YAY! thanks man!

now I can advertise my house if selling - "Close to the A2 HIGHWAY"

Hey Man I sense some sarcasm here anyway heres the link on our own ministry web site about ongoing highway projects, And they have a separate link for expressway link, http://www.mohsl.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=60〈=en (thats the Highway link) http://www.mohsl.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=59〈=en (thats the expressway link)

If you know so much why are you even here asking questions? Stay in whatever country you're in and speed all you want. But be careful; if they catch you they might put you back in that fishing trawler that yo smuggled yourself into whatever country you're in, and ship you back to Sri Lanka.

But I feel real shame on you that you didnt know what is a highway and what is a freeway. You thought E01 is a highway, shame on you dude its not a highway E01 is a freeway.

Heres another thing that if you dont know about different countries have specific common name for freeways

USA its called Interstate

UK its called Motorway

SL its called Expressway,

Australia several names - Freeway, Expressway, Superway, Motorway

Heres another thing that if you dont know about different countries have specific common name for freeways

USA its called Interstate

UK its called Motorway

SL its called Expressway,

Australia several names - Freeway, Expressway, Superway, Motorway

Let me put this politely. It would seem no one here cares. Most probably because shortly someone will rename it as a Mahinda Rajapakseway, and it won't make one iota of difference to those who use it.

But I feel real shame on you that you didnt know what is a highway and what is a freeway. You thought E01 is a highway, shame on you dude its not a highway E01 is a freeway.

Oh nooo...even I thought the E01 is a highway...my parents are so ashamed of me right now :speechless-smiley-004:. They said "why cant you be more like that panditha gerandiya on AL" :( Waaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by jehan80
  • Like 2

2012-07-09 ඇමෙරිකා ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.131.8300 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.135.3400 | බි‍්‍රතාන්‍යය පවුම ගැනුම් මිල රු.203.8900 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.210.0400 | යුරෝ යුරෝපය ගැනුම් මිල රු.161.3600 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.166.9400 | ස්වීස් ප‍්‍රෑන්ක් ගැනුම් මිල රු.134.0800 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.139.3400 | කැනඩා ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.128.7500 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.133.5300 | ඔස්ට්‍රේලියා ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.133.6700 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.138.9800 | සිංගප්පූරු ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.103.2300 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.106.9300 | ජපානය යෙන් ගැනුම් මිල රු.1.6490 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.1.7106 |

Van Caught on fire in SEW

සුපිරි මගේදී වෑන් රියක් ගිනි ගෙන දැවේ

2012 ජූලි මස 10 08:32:30 | බිමල් ශ්‍යාමන් ජයසිංහ

දක්ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ බණ්ඩාරගම බද්දේගොඩදී වෑන් රියක් ගිනි ගෙන මුළුමනින්ම වාගේ දැවී ගිය බව අධිවේගී මාර්ග පොලීසිය කියයි.

පුද්ගලික සමාගමක සේවකයකු වන රියදුරු වාහනයෙන් පැණ ජිවිතය බේරා ගත්තේය.

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/index.php/articles/52511

2012-07-09 ඇමෙරිකා ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.131.8300 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.135.3400 | බි‍්‍රතාන්‍යය පවුම ගැනුම් මිල රු.203.8900 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.210.0400 | යුරෝ යුරෝපය ගැනුම් මිල රු.161.3600 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.166.9400 | ස්වීස් ප‍්‍රෑන්ක් ගැනුම් මිල රු.134.0800 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.139.3400 | කැනඩා ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.128.7500 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.133.5300 | ඔස්ට්‍රේලියා ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.133.6700 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.138.9800 | සිංගප්පූරු ඩොලරය ගැනුම් මිල රු.103.2300 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.106.9300 | ජපානය යෙන් ගැනුම් මිල රු.1.6490 , විකුණුම් මිල රු.1.7106 |

Van Caught on fire in SEW

සුපිරි මගේදී වෑන් රියක් ගිනි ගෙන දැවේ

2012 ජූලි මස 10 08:32:30 | බිමල් ශ්‍යාමන් ජයසිංහ

දක්ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ බණ්ඩාරගම බද්දේගොඩදී වෑන් රියක් ගිනි ගෙන මුළුමනින්ම වාගේ දැවී ගිය බව අධිවේගී මාර්ග පොලීසිය කියයි.

පුද්ගලික සමාගමක සේවකයකු වන රියදුරු වාහනයෙන් පැණ ජිවිතය බේරා ගත්තේය.

http://www.lankadeep.../articles/52511

DSC07706-600-1.jpg

DSC07704-600-2.jpg

DSC07708-600-3.jpg

DSC07709-600-4.jpg

Guys,

You won't belive, i have seen same thing happened to such a hyundai H100 way back in 2004-2005 (as i can remember), on a high way in the Netherlands. I'll upload a photo if i find (I should dig my photo achive to trace it). Probably, something wrong with the vehicle.

Edited by udayap

Was in EW few times recently, every time I do enter I did ask for the speed limit. To my surprise they said it is 130kmph every time. I asked them is there any written document for it. They said in writing it is 100kmph, but for a car like what I drive they do have a tolerance till 130kmph. Then further surprised and ask what about others, they said if it is a small car like Maruti, the limit and tolerance is 110kmph.

So all times I went around 120kmph and in some instances 130kmph.

Second update, while I was doing 125kmph, an Alto over took myself and later vanished into horizon. For sure he did 140+ kmph. For me that is idiotic and unlawful. I am pretty sure the handling and the braking of that thing will be a mess at that speed. By the way it carried four people.

Was in EW few times recently, every time I do enter I did ask for the speed limit. To my surprise they said it is 130kmph every time. I asked them is there any written document for it. They said in writing it is 100kmph, but for a car like what I drive they do have a tolerance till 130kmph. Then further surprised and ask what about others, they said if it is a small car like Maruti, the limit and tolerance is 110kmph.

So all times I went around 120kmph and in some instances 130kmph.

Second update, while I was doing 125kmph, an Alto over took myself and later vanished into horizon. For sure he did 140+ kmph. For me that is idiotic and unlawful. I am pretty sure the handling and the braking of that thing will be a mess at that speed. By the way it carried four people.

There will be a huge issue in braking a high speed, would cause a car to go out of control, did an unlawful thing, as I recently drove a car over 200 km/h, on the southern highway and on a small bend wanting to slow down the stepped on the brake a little and I felt it was a bit out of control so I took the foot of the accelerator and took the bend, which worked out better, but some people would try to slam the brake, and thats when all goes wrong.

Most of the owners of indian and Jap cars use asbestos (Worse) or asbestos free brake pads, as the give out less dust, but they are useless at high speeds and for that reason they are banned in Europe.

Edited by poscher