• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Restore Door Window Trim Moldings

Ek3 Ferio

I own a 96 Civic Ek3. It's door window trim molding are not in good conditioned now. They have faded and there a little cracks on the surface as well. I have attached the 2 images of these.

I checked with Mr. Paint and a few other paint garages, they said those moldings are not printable and nothing can do to restore back.

I'm wondering how those things give a new look as it destroys whole car's beauty.

So I just found this Forever Black chemical on eBay.

$(KGrHqZ,!rQFJJEslMpiBSZcP2vIn!~~60_1.JP

Before trying it out, I just wanted to know your guys idea of restoring these bad door window moldings.

And have anyone of you used above chemical or any other restoring gel or chemical which you guys recommend?

post-46557-0-96808300-1385440851_thumb.j

post-46557-0-79905800-1385440861_thumb.j

HMM for the same i used car tyre shine very frequntly. 50% ok for me. but there was no any cracks in my case.

Hmm cracks are the issue in my case, Yes I also used to use tyre shines, but it didn't last much days. So thought to search for a long lasting solution.

You can restore them , but we don't have stuff like plastidip and necessary primers. I too in similar situation with my eg8 which has peeled of areas in side molding exposing the chrome surface. Theres a good DIY writeup under DIY section of civic-eg.com. As im painting the car these days , planing to use few coats of plastic primer and paint with conventional black paint.Will update with results.