• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Face To Name 2013

Watchman

It's been a while since we had a meet up; don't you guys agree? It would be a nice opportunity for everyone to get together sometime and put some faces to the names that you have been trolling or been trolled by..

I propose this congregation occur at the temple of speed (also known as the karting track in palawatta ) around 5,00pm on Sunday the 8th of December. We meet up, do some laps around the track, and then proceed to a nice dinner at a location that can fit the number of devotees present. We will also celebrate the birth of a cute little baby on that very day many years ago!

So everyone of all ages, races, vehicles owned, and genders (please please let it not be a sausage fest), do try to come by.

So.. who's in!

iwanteclipse.png

I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but sadly there will be an event at the kart track on that day, so meeting up and a few laps of the track may be a tad difficult (read impossible). Owing to that I wouldn't be able t make it, buuut, if it is on any other day count me in :)

Awesome idea...have fun guys...no leave left for the year so it's next time for me.

BTW, you guys seems to have missed the fact that there will be a birthday treat by Mr. D! the "cute" part threw me off a bit though :D

I'm guessing you're expecting presents?

I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but sadly there will be an event at the kart track on that day, so meeting up and a few laps of the track may be a tad difficult (read impossible). Owing to that I wouldn't be able t make it, buuut, if it is on any other day count me in :)

Thanks a lot for that update bro!

Has anyone tried the new track (run by A*W I think)? How far is it? That wouldn't be a bad choice either, right?

Worst case scenario we circle jerk about how many kmpl our cars get.

Thanks a lot for that update bro!

Has anyone tried the new track (run by A*W I think)? How far is it? That wouldn't be a bad choice either, right?

Worst case scenario we circle jerk about how many kmpl our cars get.

Hi Watchman,

Been to that track and that is awesome. (I had the idea to suggest it earlier but figured since you guys have had meetups in Battaramulla before, to leave it to the preferred choice of many)

Track:

Much faster than battaramulla, well designed and very well maintained (Run by David Peiris Company and Mr. Peiris is often there to ensure that the standards are maintained)

Karts:

Similar to Battaramulla, there are many good ones with a few bad ones that are not that faster. We can ask them to even give out 80cc Karts (those things are flying) but since there's only few of them there they'll not give them out if we are running racing rounds where we compare lap times.

All Karts have the safety mechanism that doesn't allow you to brake without taking the foot off the accelerator so we can't keep the foot hard down and drive with the brake as we do on the other track :)

Distance:

We can reach the circuit in 15 mins after leaving E01 from the 2nd exit so the total commute time (including the time to reach Kottawa) would be about 1 hour (on a sunday)

Food:

We'll have to take our own or arrange a party to provide food and of course the drinks :P There are no food stalls near by. (AFAIK)

More details & images of the track: https://www.facebook.com/slkarting

Yes, a CKE run is a lot of fun but I vote for this where we can hangout for longer and do a lot more.