• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15 Car Engine Heat(Radiator)

Dhanushkapg

Dear Friends

I have FB 15 Car.Recently i got issue regarding Engine Heat. After several Checking i found it happen due water leaking from small horse from engine to car dash board side.(there are two same type horses and i think it will use for heater) what are the best method to avoiding heat

***Shall i use sillicon gum(water proofing ) and sealed.

***or remove that horse and sealed with endcap

Please give me proper solution please

Edited by Dhanushkapg

Dhanushkapg,

As komposiripala says replace the hose. Do under if not.

If you do not want the heater to work it is best to remove the hose and block the heater water out let. At the same time you have to block the other side of the inlet also.

There are end hoses (one side is blocked like water end caps) You can get from motor spare part shops. If you are unable to handle this you can get a Mechanic to do same.

All those heater hoses are rubber based canvas lined hoses. Therefore you can put some rubber tube patch solution or some rubber based gum.(Clean the hose water leak hole well) Paste small rubber tube part on the hole. Small patch like, what bicycle repair shops to do a tube patch where the air is leaking use to do. dry same After few minutes rap another cycle tube cut in to 6 inch long ½ inch wide tube rap around the patch then at the end you can tie the end with a wire or some twine thread.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 2

1. Replace the hoses. Don't try a jil maat. Come on those are really small hoses won't cost you a lot!! 2. Get the two little horses out of your car. Poor animals!! Must be getting burnt in there!!

Wishing you had said "maka baas" instead now? ;)

OP, just buy a new hose and do a permanent fix rather than going for a temporary solution which could get you stranded somewhere after all the coolant drains out of the system.

• Like 1

Wishing you had said "maka baas" instead now? ;)

Not just a "maka baas" but a "DJ maka baas" is the right one I guess.

@Dhanushkapg - As a good majority has advised above do not go for ad hoc solutions when it comes to problems with radiator water path. Before you replace the hose BTW check if the hose bead at the inlet (or outlet) to the heater core is in tact for the new hose to slide over smoothly.

oh 500K USD???..... then "poniyek aragena conversion kit ekak gahamu".

Yes yes... get a Ambarella ataya, dry it up, then keep it where the tails meets the rest of the body and drop the tail.... the real 'VTEC kicked in 'yo' moment... :)

Dear Friends

I have FB 15 Car.Recently i got issue regarding Engine Heat. After several Checking i found it happen due water leaking from small horse from engine to car dash board side.(there are two same type horses and i think it will use for heater) what are the best method to avoiding heat

***Shall i use sillicon gum(water proofing ) and sealed.

***or remove that horse and sealed with endcap

Please give me proper solution please

On a serious note, silicone will not hold. Get the hoses changed, or seal the ends with stoppers and reroute the water line back in to the cooling circuit. Ideally you should have the water going through the heater core inside the dashboard as it increases the water volume by that much, but since ours is a country that do not normally require hearing inside the car, you can afford to close the circuit.

But good quality hoses. Save a few rupees on the hoses and you are looking at a warped head.

Edited by VVTi

Vtec definition was epic!! I feel like that every time I floor it!! Lol eke lokumA lol!

Thanks for clearing up watchman. Sirasa TV English is everywhere now. Leave it to them to make it the accepted norm.

I once watched a groom on a wedding show say "hole" eka athulata first time giyaama surangana loakae vagey danune!

Instead of describing his wedding hall he ended up giving a very colorful description of his wife's' pudenda... Poor soul

Vtec definition was epic!! I feel like that every time I floor it!! Lol eke lokumA lol!

Thanks for clearing up watchman. Sirasa TV English is everywhere now. Leave it to them to make it the accepted norm.

I once watched a groom on a wedding show say "hole" eka athulata first time giyaama surangana loakae vagey danune!

Instead of describing his wedding hall he ended up giving a very colorful description of his wife's' pudenda... Poor soul

Yeah... the first impression a visitor gets when landing in KIA is the stunted growth baitches in the duty free shops offering ScOOArtch Viskey and rad wine... :( Our Duty Free Shops are competing with the Delkanda pola ladies.

On a serious note, silicone will not hold. Get the hoses changed, or seal the ends with stoppers and reroute the water line back in to the cooling circuit. Ideally you should have the water going through the heater core inside the dashboard as it increases the water volume by that much, but since ours is a country that do not normally require hearing inside the car, you can afford to close the circuit.

But good quality hoses. Save a few rupees on the hoses and you are looking at a warped head.

Just asking with curiosity, If OP's car is a Supersaloon, to use climate control AC, bit of heating is required, isn't it?

Just asking with curiosity, If OP's car is a Supersaloon, to use climate control AC, bit of heating is required, isn't it?

Yes, correct. Even my Forester has Climate Control, But the previous owner has blocked inner element. Does not make that much of a big difference. The thermostat inside the car manages to maintain a fairly ok temp level.

Yes macha.. mistaken will done by we all because we are not Englishman know.Any way thanks for correction....

No worries mate!

To most of us here it's not our mother tongue and none of us claim to be perfect. The only person who claims to speak the 'queen's English' here is Sylvi.

I just pointed it out with the pictures, cos you didn't catch the hints the other guys were dropping :)